Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi there, i'm Mireille a 43yr old married mother of 4 and nanny to 2....my starting weigh was 15st 10lb in Feb 2010.....i'm currently sat at 14st 5lb

I've been a SW yoyo slimmer for the last 3yrs give or take....my first attempt went well 2mth and lost 1st....i then got really ill with a brain bleed and the diet went to pot....i gained it all back and some in the space of 18mth due to my recovery from the BB...i started again last year in June and last 2.5st by xmas, then with family stuff i had an 8mth break was happy to say in that time i only gained 10lb back...but i'm stuck i keep trying to get my butt in gear but just cant find the steps for the proverbial SW wagon.....i know i dont want to gain it back i know the rules and have all the tools from my SW meetings....so i'm here for the support and all the AMAZING recipes...wow! i never knew there was just so much to eat....so well yeah here i am and just need that big boot up the butt to get me started again.

big SW hugs
Mireille

Hi there, i'm Mireille a 43yr old married mother of 4 and nanny to 2....my starting weigh was 15st 10lb in Feb 2010.....i'm currently sat at 14st 5lb

I've been a SW yoyo slimmer for the last 3yrs give or take....my first attempt went well 2mth and lost 1st....i then got really ill with a brain bleed and the diet went to pot....i gained it all back and some in the space of 18mth due to my recovery from the BB...i started again last year in June and last 2.5st by xmas, then with family stuff i had an 8mth break was happy to say in that time i only gained 10lb back...but i'm stuck i keep trying to get my butt in gear but just cant find the steps for the proverbial SW wagon.....i know i dont want to gain it back i know the rules and have all the tools from my SW meetings....so i'm here for the support and all the AMAZING recipes...wow! i never knew there was just so much to eat....so well yeah here i am and just need that big boot up the butt to get me started again.

big SW hugs
Mireille

Hi there Mireille :) hope your having a good weekend so far! Feel free to subscribe to my food diary thread and follow my daily logs as well as sharing some mutual motivation and inspiration :D

How much are you looking to lose?

Nic

Xx

Hi all :) please feel free to subscribe to my daily food diary, come and share some mutual motivation and inspiration! :D

Nic

Xx

Hi, I go to my first class on Tuesday. I did SW about 20 years ago, but unfortunately took the "eat as much as you want of free foods" literally and never lost anything. My main aim is to find a sensible portion size of foods whether free or not. I have learned a lot through reading members diaries and blogs, but can't wait to get my own books and gain access to more tools.

1st weigh in amd I only lost 1lb...
:eek: :confused:

A pound lost is a pound lost!! If you lose 1 pound a week that is equal to 3 stone in one year!!! Be proud of yourself :D

My name is charmayne,

This is my 3rd time on slimming world, 1st time O lost just under 3 stone, 2nd time I went to a different local group and did dreadful, 4lb in 3 months, didnt feel like I was getting the support. So now I am back. Joined again on 27th June 2013 and so far I have lost 9lbs, few good weeks, few bad weeks, plus a holiday in between. Want to lose a further 1 and a half stone before xmas, so time to pull the socks up and get stuck in.

Hi everyone, I have managed to lose 18 lbs. since January and kept it off. It has been a few years since I did slimming world but thought I would give it a go. Unfortunately, at this time I can not afford to attend classes but have my old books and am looking at them to refresh. I still have a long way to go to get into a healthy range. Looking forward to sharing my journey and getting advice and support.

Hi all! Im new to the site but not new to sw. I joined last november and last week I achieved my 7 stone award plus was voted woman of the year 2013 for my group. I am looking foreward to getting to know you all :) x

Hi all! Im new to the site but not new to sw. I joined last november and last week I achieved my 7 stone award plus was voted woman of the year 2013 for my group. I am looking foreward to getting to know you all :) x

Wow! 7 stone! that's amazing. you must feel like a new person. congrats on the Woman of the year ... and the weight loss :)

Hi! New to the site but not sw. I did really well on it before but work took over and I couldn't get to group. The weight has crept back on (and some) and now my confidence is through the floor! Tomorrow is my first day properly back on it, but doing it from home to hopefully this group can be my image therapy support! Thanks!! :)

Hello folks! I'm new- both to this forum and to Slimming World.

Well, technically not to slimming world, I did actually join a group earlier in the year, but left after for my first consecutive few weeks, our group leader announced people's weights- nice and loud and clear- during the weigh in. I understand that this is technically not meant to happen (right?) and I didn't feel at all comfortable with this, so I left... today I have bitten the bullet and decided to join to try again, but online this time! :)

Looking forward to getting to know some of you on here and sharing this journey with you xxx

Hello! Just starting out, never done s/w before- did Lighter life 3 years ago and got down to 10st, but I think living of fairy dust ruined my metabolism :( Would like to lose quite a bit and keep it off: sick of being fat and depressed :'(
Im also a student right now and cant really afford going to a group until my loan comes in.
I can truly say that at the moment I feel extremely horrid, ugly and depressed, but am looking forward to someday not feeling so bad.

xx

Hello! Just starting out, never done s/w before- did Lighter life 3 years ago and got down to 10st, but I think living of fairy dust ruined my metabolism :( Would like to lose quite a bit and keep it off: sick of being fat and depressed :'(
Im also a student right now and cant really afford going to a group until my loan comes in.
I can truly say that at the moment I feel extremely horrid, ugly and depressed, but am looking forward to someday not feeling so bad.

xx

Hi there :) feel free to subscribe to my food diary to get some recipe ideas and share some mutual motivation :) I am also a student and it is definitely possible to lose weight on a budget!

Good luck with your journey

Nic

Xx

Hello folks! I'm new- both to this forum and to Slimming World.

Well, technically not to slimming world, I did actually join a group earlier in the year, but left after for my first consecutive few weeks, our group leader announced people's weights- nice and loud and clear- during the weigh in. I understand that this is technically not meant to happen (right?) and I didn't feel at all comfortable with this, so I left... today I have bitten the bullet and decided to join to try again, but online this time! :)

Looking forward to getting to know some of you on here and sharing this journey with you xxx

Hi :) feel free to join my food diary and share recipes and mutual motivation :)

Nic

Xx

Back