Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi! New to the site but not sw. I did really well on it before but work took over and I couldn't get to group. The weight has crept back on (and some) and now my confidence is through the floor! Tomorrow is my first day properly back on it, but doing it from home to hopefully this group can be my image therapy support! Thanks!! :)

Hi feel free to join my food diary and share recipes and mutual motivation

Nic

Xx

Hello folks! I'm new- both to this forum and to Slimming World.

Well, technically not to slimming world, I did actually join a group earlier in the year, but left after for my first consecutive few weeks, our group leader announced people's weights- nice and loud and clear- during the weigh in. I understand that this is technically not meant to happen (right?) and I didn't feel at all comfortable with this, so I left... today I have bitten the bullet and decided to join to try again, but online this time! :)

Looking forward to getting to know some of you on here and sharing this journey with you xxx

No I am sure that that is not meant to happen! just weight losses! Doing it online will be fine, and you can get support from us all :)

xxxx

Hello! Just starting out, never done s/w before- did Lighter life 3 years ago and got down to 10st, but I think living of fairy dust ruined my metabolism :( Would like to lose quite a bit and keep it off: sick of being fat and depressed :'(
Im also a student right now and cant really afford going to a group until my loan comes in.
I can truly say that at the moment I feel extremely horrid, ugly and depressed, but am looking forward to someday not feeling so bad.

xx

Hi hun

Be positive you can do this :) You can also definitely do it on a budget, plenty of people do :)

Slimming world is great - eat lots of healthy food, minimum rubbish food, and lose weight

Any advice I am here :) so is everyone!!

xxxx

Hello there!

I'm a newbie on here, its great!

I have a question though about SW, is it ok to have a night off where I can literally have a blow out and eat/drink what I want?! I've done this in the past on W.W. and still lost. I need a night off a week for my sanity ha ha

Thanks xx

Hello there!

I'm a newbie on here, its great!

I have a question though about SW, is it ok to have a night off where I can literally have a blow out and eat/drink what I want?! I've done this in the past on W.W. and still lost. I need a night off a week for my sanity ha ha

Thanks xx

hello :) Yes there is a thing called flexible syns where you save them up in the weekend and have a night off where you have your syns :) xxxx you can have up to 105

Thanks for the positive messages :) After the last week or so I've made a promise to myself: I'm not going to eat anything on this 'diet' that I wouldn't eat normally. So, no 'syn free' cakes or lasagne crisps for me. Ill have my galaxy ripples and my vodka and cokes because I love them! I want this plan to be one I can live with and not even notice that I'm doing it. And the flexible syns are great: without noticing I've saved 20 syns this week which means I can have my favourite tandoori chicken takeaway on the weekend with my mates :)

Feeling better already :)

Hi all Im returning to SW after a few years (2004) I aim to get down to 9.1/2 stone so 2stone to shake off. Been browsing the forums and wish I found you peeps years ago. xx

Hi all i am new to this site but not slimming world I have been going to group and lost 3 stone so far but recently I have put a bit of it back on and seem to be messing about. Going back to group on monday with hopefully a renewed sense of motivation hopefully!!!

Hi all i am new to this site but not slimming world I have been going to group and lost 3 stone so far but recently I have put a bit of it back on and seem to be messing about. Going back to group on monday with hopefully a renewed sense of motivation hopefully!!!

This site should help you even more! The fact that you've lost 3 stone already shows you can do it :D

xxxx

Hi all

i joined yest and am planning to start slimming world in the morning....DIY though not by joining a group. I hope (fingers, legs and everything else crossed) to lose at least 2 stone by next July as I'm getting married then! I've been a mature at Uni for the past 2 years and the weight has crept on......so I would also like to look nice when I graduate next summer. 2014 is all go.

good luck to everyone.
Michelle xx

Hi guys im Liam i just joined back to slimming world on wednesday been on it before first time I lost 3 stone and put it back on when I left the class
I got a lot of great information from the forum the first time around but being a bloke I never signed up as the plan is getting more popular with men I thought I best drop by to say hello and I'm sure you will be seeing me on here until I get this weight of again

Hi. I'm new on here, although I have browsed over the years while doing various different plans.
Just rejoined SW (I've always lost weight before then quit), hopefully for the last time and looking for guidance , help and support to see me though as I have 7 stone to lose and keep off.
I have no deadline, but hoping for 2 - 3 lbs a week.
Thanks in advance :)

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site iv just rejoined sw doing ee as I have a seven week old baby and 3 stone of baby weight to lose! Been looking on the threads and everyone seem to be so helpful and you have all really motivated me! So thank you!! :)

Hello, I'm new to this site and slimming world, only started a couple of weeks ago(doing EE), and still struggling to get to grips with it... Not so much the rules 're food, more remembering not to munch things without thinking throughout the day! Eg. The kids have biscuits, and I've eaten a couple without thinking before I realise and work out the syns... If I just used my brain first I know I wouldn't eat them! :eek: x

Hi, Im tanith and i started slimming world 2 weeks ago. I lost 6.5LB the first week, which i was mega pleased with but after a weeks holiday gained 2.5LB :cry:Im going to try Success Express this week to try and lose 3lb this week to reach my half stone...wish me luck xx

i DID lose my 3lb and got my 1/2 stone award so now to aim for my stone award

I'm 1lb off loosing a half stone. The scales this morning sat on 15st 11 for a second then just crept over :/ oh well, at least I know I'm just about to get there!

Hello! not exactly a 100% newbie but for the first time i will be attending a meeting on wednesday - im so nervous! i know it's a silly thing to be nervous about but i suffer from anxiety and i'm worried about walking in (the meeting is in a pub!) and being stared at etc.
I have a lot of weight to lose, so im hoping SW will be the one for me :) - Happy monday everyone! x

Hi, I joined Slimming World 5 weeks ago (6th weigh in tomorrow), and I've lost 15.5lbs so far :) I'm new to the SW Forum, and hope to make some good contacts on here that we keep me on track to my 12 stone goal! I'm not setting myself the deadline of my wedding (17/4/14) to lose all the weight, but I'm hoping to at least lose 3.5 stone by then. For the first time, I actually think I've found a plan that could work for me, I've tried WW, SlimFast, Lioptrim, Slimming tablets all in the past, but it's a lifestyle change I need and breaking the bad food habits, and not a calorie counting diet where I forget that I'm on one most of the time. Look forward to speaking to you all more xx

Back