Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi, Im new to Slimming world its my second weigh in this Monday, first week i stayed the same due to TOTM but hoping for a loss this Monday :) tried many diets but I have realised I just need to be healthy and exercise.

Hi everyone, Im Kimberley. Been doing sw from home for 1 week today. cant get weighed until Tuesday morning but its been going well. I know Im not drinking enough so Im going to alter that from tomorrow. anyway been reading on here and found some good recipes, I love the sw magazine aswell for inspiration x

Hey everyone, Im Lily. Pretty new to this forum but joined for a bit of inspiration and support :)

Me and the OH have decided we want to try for a baby soon but I have said I'd like to once I get to a healthy BMI. So I have a massive reason to lose this weight once and for all!
I want to lose just under 4 stone and be at target by summer 2014 x

Last edited:
Hey guys

I'm Shree - I joined SW back in April and took a month out around June/July (some family stuff) and have been back on plan again since August.

I would like to lose between 5 & 6 stones in total and I'm pleased to say that I've lost 1 stone 12 lbs so far.

I follow the green plan as I'm vegetarian - how do you guys find SW?

Hi, I'm Katy. Have restarted slimming world AGAIN. Hoping this will be the last time! I have between 4 and 5 stone to lose. I don't have an exact target in mind as it's been 8 years since I was slim, so have no idea what weight would suit me best yet. I'm hoping that joining up here will give me some inspiration, ideas and support.

Weigh-in day is Wednesday for me and I'm afraid to say that I'm dreading it this week. I plan to be a lot more excited about it from now on though! :)

Don't be nervous about WI - you'll be fine - if you struggle there is a whole community on here going through the same journey as you and I can tell you now, I don't find it easy - especially recently! I'm craving all kinds of bad foods!! :O We can all do it together.

I find setting small targets works for me (eg, 1 stone in X amount of time) :) xxx

Hi all, I'm Tanya. I've decided to join the forum as I'm always Googling SW stuff and finding my way onto threads here!

I'm 22 years old and I gained about a stone in my last year of university (one too many takeaways I think!) and I've struggled to lose it again. I'd not been feeling as confident since putting on the weight, so I joined WW last year and lost about half of it. However, I went on an extended holiday to the USA to see my s/o, and didn't go back to WW afterwards... needless to say, the weight flew back on! So this time, I'm determined to stick to a plan, lose the weight and keep it off! SW seems like a much healthier approach to slimming, so I'm very excited to get stuck in.

Nice to meet you all and I look forward to slimming with you. <3

Hi All,

I went to my first ever SW meeting last night. I am so excited about this diet, I really feel like I can do this!

I would be quite happy with a loss of 1lb per week, as I am looking to lose 5 or 6 stones, so I know slow and steady is the best way.

My 30th birthday is next July, so hopefully I will see some good results for the big 3 ohhhh. . . .

Looking forward to making some new friends here for support along the way :)

Adele

Is it me, or does SW make you look pregnant? I'm doing it with my brother and sister, and amongst us we have v. bloated stomachs (even though the scales show a loss, the trousers suggest otherwise), spotty faces and greasier hair.

Does SW have side effects? :sign0163:

hi I have been doing it on my own for 12 weeks and just weigh from home. I have old ish books from a friend from about 2 years ago but the principles are the same and this forum is invaluable if there are any major changesx

Don't be nervous about WI - you'll be fine - if you struggle there is a whole community on here going through the same journey as you and I can tell you now, I don't find it easy - especially recently! I'm craving all kinds of bad foods!! :O We can all do it together. I find setting small targets works for me (eg, 1 stone in X amount of time) :) xxx

Thanks for the support! 2lb gain, but better than I deserved considering my 4 takeaways on consecutive nights last week. I think my efforts so far this week have saved me a bit, and I'm feeling totally focused now. Bring on the skinny jeans!

Hi!
I started SW 6 days ago, first weigh in tomorrow! I have a mixture of excitement and nerves! Feel like I've had a good week, kept my syns really low each day to allow for a couple of vodkas on Friday! Hoping that works for me.
So motivated right now! This doesn't really feel like a diet so think this might be the one for me! Starting couch to 5k today also!
x

Hi
I started sw last Thursday, feeling very enthusiastic at the minute. I've got about 7.5 stone to lose at least so I know it won't be a quick journey. Found minimins last week and lovin the thinspiration.

Hi all,

I'm looking to lose 2 stone. I have been putting off going back on the Slimming World because I couldn't afford the cost of going to group every week. Then I realised I was being silly, just because I can't afford to go to group doesn't mean I have to keep on eating rubbish! So I'm back on the diet, doing it by myself. I know the rules so let's hope the fact I don't have the fear of being weighed at group means I am less strict with myself. Wish me luck!

Hi I'm Jade. I joined Slimming World a week ago. First weigh in tomorrow. Initally I want to lose 1.5st as that will put me at pre-baby weight. Then hopefully I could set a new target and lose a bit more! Looking forward to getting to know you all x

Hi, I'm Sarah. I am re-starting on the Slimming world plan. All changed now from Red / Green to EE and getting all of my tips from this site. Want to say thanks to everyone posting the info as it's so much help to us all. I don't post that often but take it all in like i'm sure a lot of others do.
On my 3rd week now - lost 3 1/2 1st week then 1 1/2 2nd week so who knows this week...! Now, i have to remeber my ticker pin! S x

Hi all, doing slimming world for the 2nd and last time.. Lost 5 stone about 3 years ago then I went on holiday went mad on food and never ever got back on it and I've ended up putting my 5 stone back on plus another 2 stone :(.. I've joined this forum for help and support guys, hope I find it here! :)

Back