Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi, I'm new to this website/thread and looking for some help/confidence boosting! :-(
I've been doing SW for over 15 weeks now, I've had a couple of blip weeks recently and now only loosing 1lb a week, I'm only 2lb away from 1.5 award and just 6lb away from my target!! I know what your thinking your lucky not long to get there! But I feel so bad, can't seem to keep my syns down and it's my pre-period week so that's not helping. It's my birthday next week and I feel I should have met my target - for many reasons! Because I fit into a new size clothing and found lots of my old stuff now fits, I'm like I'm ok now why worry!? But I know I will look so much better slimmer! But can't get into gear! Everyday starts good then turns out pants! Help please anyone? X

Sorry - posted in wrong thread.

Last edited:
Went to group tonight, starting in the morning.

Want to lose just over 2st and by June next year. Looking forward to reading Daily threads and getting skinny with u guys. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi!
I started SW 6 days ago, first weigh in tomorrow! I have a mixture of excitement and nerves! Feel like I've had a good week, kept my syns really low each day to allow for a couple of vodkas on Friday! Hoping that works for me.
So motivated right now! This doesn't really feel like a diet so think this might be the one for me! Starting couch to 5k today also!
x

Welcome :) Couch to 5k is good, I think you'll enjoy it

I'm starting it again next week, so feel free to follow my diary and we can chat about it :)

xxxx

Hello, 1st day today, going well only early but I'm determined.

Hope everyone has a fab day and stays on plan 100%
Looking to lose just over 2st.

I love reading through all the posts been reading for a while and took the plunge lol

Hi I'm Orla and I'm from Ireland. I joined slimming world last January and hoping to have my 4st award next week yayyyyyy

Joined slimming world because I turned 40 last August and have no children (I have PCOS), as you can see, I'm brutally honest but I have a feeling that I'm going to get loads of support.

Carly55 I was like that at the beginning, how can you eat so many potatoes and still lose weight and yes I did lose weight.

Lacyclaire, looking at my book now, it took me over 2 months to go from 1st to 1.5st loss so I can totally relate to your story and don't worry about the small losses, they all build up over time and at least your going in the right direction. The fact that you don't have to buy new clothes because clothes that hadn't fit you in a while are now fitting you, one other thing well done on your weight loss, you should be proud of yourself

This site is so huge that it is impossible to read all but I generally have a glance at the subjects that interest me and go to the last page

Hi everyone
I'm a new mum and have over 5 stone to lose. I have started the slimming world 7 day free menu today. All the shopping is in and I have had my breakfast and can't believe I am still to have lunch. I hope this work as it seems easy. I just need to find out syns for my treats? If this week goes well I am hoping to join a class to keep me on track. Good luck everyone

Hi all!

I am a newbie so thought I would pop in here

I joined group on Monday this week after hitting my heaviest weight ... EVER

I was a member 2 years ago and did really well until I hit a plateau and then it all went hideously wrong. I stopped trying, stopped exercising, etc and started buying takeaways each weekend, eating bread with every meal etc

So now I am back and I am back with a goal in mind and a fire in my belly. I need to lose just over 4 stone and I know I cannot do it alone so I am seeking support from wherever I can ... my husband, my group members, my colleagues and you guys

So, I will look forward to posting more and trying some of Pete's amazing recipes over the coming weeks x

Hi everyone! I decided on wednesday that enough was enough after reaching my highest ever number on the scales. During my lunch break I looked up Slimming World and I was in my first class at 5:30pm on the dot.
I don't quite believe the rules- eat pretty much however much of whatever u want- will work. Other things I have tried have been so restricting in either quantity, types of food, or indeed both.
Fingers crossed for a loss in my first week!

Hi everyone, I'm not Twiggy (obviously lol or I wouldn't be here!), I'm from Ireland. Lost a stone last year doing Slimming World but for some stupid reason, I stopped doing it! The weight didn't go back up but I need to lose more, about three stone more so here goes again, hopefully this time I'll stay with it!! Best of luck to all newbies, it's a brilliant diet plan, here's to a little less of all of us!!

Hi All!!

boy I am so glad I found this forum!!:eek:
I have done SW on and off and on and off..........for what seems forever! I was a consultant way back in the late 90,s and again in 00's so you would think ipI'd know it all...wrong:-(
i have joined and rejoined class so many times I couldn't even begin to think how many:-:)-(. But now I have joined SW online and hope to finally 'get going' I don't really enjoy going to class (think,it's the inner schoolgirl rebel in me??) so for the fourth time have joined online. I did wish they had some forum support but really pleased I've found you!!!
i have done the 5:2 for the last six months and maintained the whole time:-( so as always like an old pair of comfy slippers come back to SW. But...I need to know for myself what I s going to be different this time for all the others????:-:)/(
i know SW isn't the fastest route to weight loss, and truly once in my life would be happy at one pound a week. So now I've found you lovely people....here goes!!!!
My downfalls:
WINE

Failing to plan

'Picking' around 4ish most days before dinner.....

Looking forward to 'chatting' to you all on our SW journeys!!!!

Geeantee
( gin @ tonic)

Hello! I joined in the summer but fell off the bandwagon when I got ill. Now rejoined, two stone heavier than when I last joined (eeek!) Hoping to lost around 7st in all. I have a long way to go!

Hello Everybody,

Although i seem to be a bit of a loner on here being male, i am still looking forward to all your support and wonderful ideas for recipies.
I am a Dutch guy but live and work in Belfast, Northern Ireland
Started the diet about 5 weeks ago and at the moment still losing a bit of weight but eating to often the same things over and over. So look forward to all your creations and keep up the good work. Ups or downs, It's ok because by being on here you will get the help to look forward to a 'slimmer' future.

Hi - just starting slimming world on Wednesday. I lost a lot (7st) on lighter life a couple of years ago but to be honest it made me quite ill - and of course, it's all come back on...

need a fresh start. SW looks like the sort of thing I could live with long term, i reckon i've got at least a year to shift this weight...

please tell me that if i stick to it, it'll work?

It WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Back