Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi I am very sorry if this is posted incorrectly but new to this site. I am on SW and lost 4 stone a year ago unfortunately went back to work full time stopped going to group and it has almost all gone back on. However Im very keen to restart and as I cannot fit in a group can anyone give me some support and let me know if you are doing SW alone without group and how successful has it been so far....A very big hello to you all.

Hi Everybody, My first day today. I was fumbling a bit getting the Ticker up 'n' runnin' but I got there in the end :) I'm looking forward to contributing to the SW forum, getting good recipes and generally enjoying the experience.

I joined my local SW in May this year and am a few pounds away from my 3-stone award. It's a great group and I look forward to the weekly sessions where we have such a laugh (even if we've put on a bit!)
See you all later :)

Pix

Hello!

Hi everyone,
I've just signed up. I'd like to loose about 22lbs to feel better in my clothes and myself. I've done slimming world a few times in the past, I prefer to alternate red and green days rather than follow the extra easy plan.

wish me luck, Carly x

Good Luck Carly, you will do it...........!!!

Hi all

JUst found this sticky :)

My name is Sarah and I am midwife who does shifts so started online membership to SW 2 weeks ago. Start weight 17st 6 currently 17 :) Long way to go but enjoying the ride so far.

Highlights so far are discovering new veg to use and falling in love with the hand blender which has been in my cupboard since we got it 4 yrs ago ;) Just ordered new WW scales which hopefully be accurate and an airfryer :)

Low points- keeping up with plan whilst at work, so used to snacking in car between visits on cornish pasties etc. But getting there :)

Look forward to sharing every ones storys

Sarah xx

Last edited:
Hey all, I started Slimming World 2 weeks ago and am having my second weigh in tomorrow , I am have been lurking for a while now on the site getting lots of great ideas for recipes and different things to try, but feel like I would benefit from getting to know the other members as it seems like a great place for support! :)

Hi Everyone,

I joined slimming world last week and did really well in my first week which was slightly amazing considering the amount of food I ate.... I saved my syns up for the week to use on alcohol on Sat night, but not sure whether I am suppose to do this??

Hello! I went to my first Slimming World Meeting tonight very excited for the week ahead! I'm a Slimming World virgin so can't wait to get stuck in :):)

Just wanting to get back to a healhy weight for my height after a tough few months and piling some extra weight on.

HI all

I am back at Slimming World for the second time. I am doing it online and need to lose a total of about 8 stone, I am focussing on a little bit at a time though!

Hello everyone. I'm new to Slimming World as of last week. It's been a bit of a struggle eating so much! My goal is to lose about 4.5 stone by July 1, 2014. My boyfriend and I are doing it together which makes everything so much easier. Especially considering he's the one who does all the cooking! I've never signed up to a forum before, but I figure I need all the support I can get! :D

Welcome newbies, some great threads on here for you to get loads of help and information and more importantly, support from all of us who are in exactly the same boat xx

I joined nearly three weeks ago and already I'm addicted, I find that this is a great forum as not twiggy said, we totally understand how hard it is to lose weight, I find this site such a great help, along with our closed fb page and here I would be totally lost without it

Hi :)

I'm Sophie, I'm a dental nurse and I've done SW once before. Been on this forum lots, very helpful. Finally registered! I have my own 2013 SW pack but I am now going to do it without meetings or classes. Only hard part sometimes is being a vegetarian, but I'm sure there's recipes and help on here :)

If you go into Forums (at top here) then click on link below that has most popular I think and then click on slimming world and there is a page dedicated to recipes and Im nearly certain there is a section for vegetarians

Hi!

Have be just signed up to slimming world online.

I have been been up and down with my weight since having my daughter nearly 2 years ago!

its time to get my self into shape and maintain a healthy lifestyle :)

Really looking forward to it!!

I really want a ticker but I can't remember which thread I saw the instructions on :( Can anyone help??

Hi, my name is Blathnaid. Just wanted to say hi. I'm from Ireland and I joined Slimming world online just a couple of days ago - so just getting my head around syns and free foods! I put up a lot of weight very quickly in the past year due to being on steroids for asthma - so I want to get back to being active and hill walking. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better :)

Hi I have started SW last Tues so 1st weigh in next week. I've been ok up to now but I must admit . I like something to look forward to at the weekend to make it different from working week. I used syns for 3 measured Bacardi & diet coke last night in with friends & hadn't used any through the day . Is alcohol ok when used this way. I didn't have my usual pack of light crisps with them . Nice to meet you all x

Hi Blathnaid, I'm Orla and as you guessed Im Irish too (you can see from my profile where Im from). There is a thread for all of us Irish here, the link is (go into slimming world - slimming world overseas and the post Ireland - Bia - a bit of craic), it can be very helpful to find out how many syns in irish products as not all Irish products are listed on the app. Feel free to come on there (yes there is a few Irish on this site) and introduce yourself and well done for joining and if your not sure about the whole concept of slimming world then someone here will be able to help you but I would advise you to always go into the slimming world page as it is specifically for people following the slimming world plan, there is even a section for recipes on there.

One tip, if you want I can give you the recipe for the soup, that helps you speed up your metabolism and thus helps you lose weight faster

Back