Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Rootytooty, that is what I do all the time, I can often go during the day without using my syns and then at night have my syns for alcohol or something really nice and chocolatey. Im so glad you said this because now I can say Im not the only one who measures my drink (yes they laugh at me at home doing this but to be honest I don't care as it is working !!!)

So the answer is yes you can do this and well done for doing it

Thanks so much Orla. I'm having a really hungry day today! I think its just getting used to what I can and can't eat. I really appreciate your message and I'd love the recipe for that soup. I'll definitely be heading over to the Irish Slimmers thread.

Hi Orla, thanks for that. Ha ha to set the record straight I'm not alcohol dependent, just like a slurp at the weekend.
I found that my vanilla essence bottle measures 38 ml so I transfered to measuring spoon & pour just short, then I get the right measure. Sounds finicky but it's ok. I made the 1.5 syn cake earlier today, it didn't quite go to plan, wrong size tin, too much fromage frais, & it wouldn't roll, so ended up cutting it in half. It tasted better than it looked. Also did zero fanta chicken, I added some dried chili flakes, ' note to self ' a pinch is all that's needed. It was a very hot sweet n sour. Still it's a learning curve and I look forward to discovering new recipies & tips. Strictly just come on tv, where did I put my measure? Tee hee

Hi Blaithhnaid, I made some carrot & lentil soup earlier. As far as I can tell its free & will do me a few times, it can be frozen too. I just grated 2 carrots, add cup of red lentils, onion if you like, 2 vegetable stock cubes, salt and add water , brought it to the boil and then left to simmer until lentils and carrots are soft. Blitzed it with blender till smooth. Tasty and filling .

Very basic the soup:

2 medium leeks
4 medium carrots
2 medium parsnips
1 medium onion
1 each of red, green and yellow pepper
1 tin of baked beans (I use the hot and spicy as I like my soup spicy)
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 tin of mixed bean salad
1 tin of green lentils (very hard to get in Ireland)
Handful of split red lentils
Mixed herbs
2 stock pots (whatever you want to use but I use the rich beef stock pot)
Salt and pepper

Chop up all vegetables, place in a large pot and mix all other ingredients in same pot, cover it with water and bring to boil, once it is boiling then reduce heat and let it simmer until all vegetables are soft and let it cool
I like to blend mine others like it thick and chunky, this is totally your choice
I would make 10 rectangular shaped plastic container (got in dealz in Ireland) and put in freezer and take out whenever you need them.

Thanks Orla and Rootytooty for the recipes - I'll definitely be trying both of these out! I did much better today. I cooked a roast chicken and potatoes for dinner in the middle of the day with loads of steamed veggies, then for my tea, fried the left over potatoes in frylite with a couple of bacon medallions and lots of superfree tomatoes and mushrooms. Gorgeous. So I'm definitely beginning to be able to manage better. Some soup for the freezer will be fantastic for weekday lunches. :)

Thanks for the soul recipe Orla, I give it a try. Well done Blaithnaid, your lunch sounded lovely. I did a carrot cake today using scan bran so only 1 syn in the whole cake. I seem to be spending my life in the kitchen lately. I didn't have any sins today so have just demolished a curly wurly for 6 syns. Delicious. Keep up the good work ladies x

Hiya everyone, new to this site .joined sw last tue been member before but now been smoke free for over a year so now ready to change my eating habits and lose weight gained since having my 2 children who now near tweens.just wanted say big hello.

Thanks Blathnaid and rootytooty, glad that I could help in some way, I actually adore the soup. Our consultant can only eat it for a while and then not cook or often would tweak it a bit to make it more appealing but I just simply love it.

Welcome Hallie, hope you enjoy coming on this site as much as I do

Hi I have started Slimming World online but I just cant get my head around it and unfortunately because I live in Jersey there is not a local group I can visit for help. Can anyone explain it to me in laymans terms as I am getting so confused and just want to do a simple diet with as little thought as possible to go into it. I thought I was reasonably intelligent but this has flumoxed me? :confused:

Hi everyone! My name is Kat and i have decided to give slimming world a go! I did the 'pig to twig' low carb diet for a couple of years and lost over 2 stone but have since put it all back on and more :-( Lots of people i know have done the slimming world diet and have had great results so thought i would give it a go!

Keelysmile, there is no simple way of explaining slimming world. Your allowed as much of the free foods as you like, there is a Healthy A and Healthy B also and your only allowed a limited amount of these per day and then depending on your weight your allowed so many syns a day, most people would be on 15 syns a day and these are really treats.

I think if there is no group then you can join online so go into www.slimmingworld.com and have a look at how you can do that but there are just too many foods to be able to tell you yes or no to. The usual fruit and vegetables are more or less free, bread is not really recommended but you have a small amount every day, pasta, rice and potatoes are all free and sauces are not really recommended unless you make your own. You will have to limit your alcohol as this has to come out of your daily syn allowance.

If you have foods which you like then I can tell you what syns are in them, hope this helps

Hi just joined my local group and struggling to plan my menus lol

It looks easy but no idea if am doing it right....

Hi,
Welcome to sw and this forum! Look on sw website for a 7 day planner that will give you some idea. Look through the diary a here as well. Did you buy a magazine? There is loads of ideas in there. Good luck

Hello all I'm new just joined today & have been at SW since Dec 2011 & 3 stone 8lbs into my weight loss journey & am sticking like mad since March when I got my 3 & a half stone award so am hoping to get lots of tips & just have a natter with like minded people on here =)

Hello all!!

Here I am again!! Originally joined in August 2012 and managed to lose 1st1lb by Xmas...then Xmas came and I completely fell off the bandwagon. So here I am, feeling refreshed and renewed to start again. New start date of 31st Oct so have yet to do my first week, lets hope its a goodun!

Alice xx

Hi

I have been to the slimming world classes but decided that I am going to do it alone this time well I aint as I have all of you. would like to loose some weight before xmas but my main goal is that I am going on holiday abroad for the first time next year and want to look confident and happy and I know I can do this I just think its being impatient as want results straight away but I am prepared to put the time and effort in.

Claire :)

Back