Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi a newbie here I am going to attempt slimming world from home and am determined with that and help from this forum I will achieve my goal ;)

Hi, I'm Shaun. I started Slimming World 2 weeks a go and weigh in on Wednesdays. It's my first time trying the "diet" and I've lost 10.5lb in my first two weeks :)

I'm a big lad (over 24 stone when I started). I'm looking to lose about 9 stone and I'm hoping with support from my group and this forum I can do it.

Hello everyone!

I have rejoined SW for the third time now. I did it back in the red/green days in 2003, lost a little over a stone, don't remember why I stopped going. Then in 2011 I lost nearly 3 stone, went away for a week to Florida and put on a few pounds and was too embarrassed to go back again.

And now I'm back again. I had been tempted to try WW, but SW works, it's worked for me both times before so I decided to return. I started again on 31/10, and so far have lost 9.5lb (including a massive 8.5lb off in my first week) and am determined to get to at least my first stone by Christmas!

Hello, i am new to this forum but not to SW, i have joined again online after losing 4 stone on my own but now stuck with another 1stone 11lbs to lose, i really would like to make friends who i can share this journey with as i have many plans and goals for 2014 including running the Great North Run in September 2014

Thank you :)

Wow! Good luck to you! There's something to definitely inspire and encourage you then. Welcome to this forum. It was a brilliant day, the day I discovered Mini's. Everyone is so lovely and, as you can see, there's lots of advice, loads of recipes and, best of all, truckloads of support so good luck. :)

Kathy

Hi Everyone,

Started SW 24th November so very new - have put on weight since going back to work f/time. Would like to get back to post-baby weight; pushing a double pushchair obviously burned more calories than sitting at office desk! I love all the great tips everyone has to offer hopefully I will be picking some up and also thinking some of my own!!!
I take a packed lunch with me in the day. My preferred mid-afternoon Syn is a Kit Kat <3

Hiya everyone my names lisa re joined slimming world in October had bit of roller coaster start. Loss then gain and so on.hoping lose weight get fitter and make new friends on here.

Hi all. I'm trying to follow sw from home I didn't really like the groups. Myself and two people from work are doing it and we weigh ourselfs on fridays any help/ advice/ tips would really be appreciated xx

icon9.gif
hello and i need help!!
:confused: hi ive just joined slimming world and im shocked at how much i weigh.:sign0144:
i just dont understand the plan. i would like to make some email pals, penfriends etc, is there any tips to help me get underway and examples of menus etc. this plan is quiet confussing and i was surgested to come here and join as its helped others.

i have been at sw for 12 weeks and im 1st heavier then when i started. i quit ww on the tuesday and on the thursday joined sw. my leader thinks that my body went into shock and as im finding it hard to eat the amount i should it started to freak out. i hope i start to lose weight as im paying for gaining i so desperatly want to lose weight :sigh2:

so id like to say hello and i have to take one day at a time as i have such a long way to go.
thanks everyone
jo xx

icon9.gif
hello and i need help!!
:confused: hi ive just joined slimming world and im shocked at how much i weigh.:sign0144:
i just dont understand the plan. i would like to make some email pals, penfriends etc, is there any tips to help me get underway and examples of menus etc. this plan is quiet confussing and i was surgested to come here and join as its helped others.

i have been at sw for 12 weeks and im 1st heavier then when i started. i quit ww on the tuesday and on the thursday joined sw. my leader thinks that my body went into shock and as im finding it hard to eat the amount i should it started to freak out. i hope i start to lose weight as im paying for gaining i so desperatly want to lose weight :sigh2:

so id like to say hello and i have to take one day at a time as i have such a long way to go.
thanks everyone
jo xx

Welcome Jo:welcome2:

If you read the links posted below it will help to explain the SW plans below and how SW works.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/116347-slimming-world-faqs.html

If you start a food diary in the food diary forum our members can see what you are eating and can help you out if you need help...here is the link for that forum.

Slimming World - Food Diaries

i would like to make some email pals

We don't allow the soliciting of our members emails.

When you have 50 posts you will have access to private messaging on here.

If you need any help please ask.

Hello I'm new my name is Louisa, I have 3 girls. I have a chronic pain condition and a neuro condition, which is my brain attacking the pain condition and making things completely worse lol,
I have been doing Slimming World for a while, I took a break after I lost almost 3 stone, because I moved and now I have put back on a stone :( so back to Slimming World with new determination.

I take a lot of medication and one of which is well known for causing people to put on weight, also the Chronic pain condition puts the body in a state of crisis so it stores fat if not fed regularly, this I know is true if I skip a meal for 2 days no matter how good I am I will gain so I have a condition which makes every aspect of life painful, I have 3 children and I HAVE to eat 3 meals a day pfft lol

Hoping to weigh tonight, I missed my usual weigh in on tuesday due to A's Hospital Apointment but not sure if I will as A is very poorly

Hi there I have joined slimming world and am determined to lose 2 pounds in my first week :)! Hope I can. I have done weigt watchers in the past and lost 33 lbs on it so I'm finding it difficult to go from counting points to the extra easy plan!! This is why I joined minimums, Just trying to seek advice and educate myself more on SW.

High hopes :)
X

Hello to all the new people :) I've been on SW for 7 weeks now, and I am still finding my feet on this site so feel free to say hi! How has everyone got on this week? xx

Hey folks
I quit smoking back in February '11 and decided this year and the next will be when I finally take on my ever expanding waistline.
I joined Slimming World on 11/11/13 and have lost 18lb so far and to say i'm pleased is an understatement!

Last edited:
Hey folks
I quit smoking back in February '11 and decided this year and the next will be when I finally take on my ever expanding waistline.
I joined Slimming World on 11/11/13 and have lost 18lb so far and to say i'm pleased is an understatement!

Well done, JammyDodger :D That's great going!

I'm a returner.... fell off the wagon BIG TIME and having another stab.... Here I go again with renewed vigour! :)

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Well I've been on a rollercoaster with my weight since I was a teen and then was told I had PCOS so it would be harder to lose weight. Finally about 4 years ago I began classes to lose weight, I managed to lose 2 stone but only kept 1 off in the long term. After trying every class out there my aunt told me about slimming world and gave me a book. For one week I tried it on my own and lost 4lbs so I signed up the week after with my younger sister. Week 2 I was down 5lbs. It's amazing, I was counting and pointing for so long I couldn't believe the amount of food I was allowed. With christmas parties and all the rest it'll be interesting to see the scales Tuesday but I live in hope :) . Still getting my barings on everything but will be happy to help anyone if they need:26:

Hey Hey, I said I would joined this site as I was referred to by my sister :)

Started Slimming World three weeks ago and have lost 11 pounds, I couldn't be more delighted and determined to keep going. Hoping to use this site as a little motivation booster when feeling crap haha.

Back