Welcome to the shiny new low carb Keto thread!

Ahhh thank you. How much have you lost in total? Please tell me it's easy to follow? I'm a mummy to a toddler and work all week so I need something practical for me and my family.

Hi :) I've lost 13lbs in six weeks and that's including a fortnight when the scales didn't move but I could feel my clothes getting looser, which apparently does happen as your body adjusts to the new way of eating. There are lots of websites out there with recipes and some offering complete eating plans for a few days or a couple of weeks to get you going. As I've said above, DietDoctor.com is a great website and seems well regarded as they have several doctors contributing to the content, but the main thing is an abundance of great recipes and a complete two-week eating plan.

I can honestly say i'm loving the food and the way I feel in addition to the weight loss. My mind seems clearer and I'm having fewer headaches and my energy levels were noticeably better after less than two weeks on this way of eating. I hope you give it a good go and it works for you as well.

It's a bit quiet in here at the moment but there are a few Keto and low carbers around.

My understanding is that on keto you aim to eat less than about 20g of carbs per day while low carb is slightly higher and up to 130g of carbs a day, which usually isn't low enough to keep you in ketosis. Keto is stricter but it's important that you eat enough healthy fats either way.

Here's a lot of info about both low carb and Keto:

My understanding is that on keto you aim to eat less than about 20g of carbs per day while low carb is slightly higher and up to 130g of carbs a day, which usually isn't low enough to keep you in ketosis. Keto is stricter but it's important that you eat enough healthy fats either way.

Here's a lot of info about both low carb and Keto:
I understand thanks for explaining. I'll stick with keto for now. My aim is to lose a stone by 6th December. Thanks again I'll have a read of the links. I may start a diary too. How do I qualify to post in the members area ?

I understand thanks for explaining. I'll stick with keto for now. My aim is to lose a stone by 6th December. Thanks again I'll have a read of the links. I may start a diary too. How do I qualify to post in the members area ?

You have a great chance of that if you stick to the plan and you will probably feel great in general too. I think to post in the Member Only section you have to make 50 posts but you could always start your diary in the general area and ask for it to be moved once you have made 50 posts.

Has anyone signed up to The Diet Doctors paid section. I know it will give you food plans but can you tailor the plan. I dont eat red meat or fish/seafood so dont wantvto pay for a plan telling me to have steak and tuna. Can i input that first and get a more specific plan for me. Thanks

Has anyone signed up to The Diet Doctors paid section. I know it will give you food plans but can you tailor the plan. I dont eat red meat or fish/seafood so dont wantvto pay for a plan telling me to have steak and tuna. Can i input that first and get a more specific plan for me. Thanks

I am on the paid site but haven't got around to working out how to set up the meal plans. I just browse the recipes a few days in advance and pick out some that I like :) It looks to me as though you just pick out the recipes for the meals you want for the week ahead but you could always sign up for the paid section and try it because the first month is free.

Ooh. A nice shiny new (ish) Keto forum.. great! I'll be following this. I started a keto way of life back in 2017 and lost 4 stone and was absolutely thrilled to pieces. But then I got lazy and over confident in my ability to control those carb cravings (which never entirely went away). So, what was a manageable level of 'carb-creep' soon became un-manageable and carbs, once again, became more prevalent in my eating plans. During 2018 I have regained 2 stone of that 4 stone loss and I realise I'd jumped right back onto the yo-yo diet train.

Anyway - I've now given myself a right talking too (no-one else was going to do it!!) and I'm now transitioning back to keto. I feel much better, both health wise and mentally when on keto. In order to do this I am 'temporarily' removing real food from my diet - I did that the last time and it worked. I plan to do this for a month and then I'll have removed those carb cravings, hopefully once and for all (well almost).

I can see many people are using the 'diet doctor' protocol - which is good and i'll go have a read. But my information comes from other resources and I'm happy to share those if others are interested. BTW I don't follow vloggers who have no medical background - but professionals in their field who understand the science and who I have found inspiring.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hi BlackCat, please do post any information and resources here. I have only been following a Keto WOE for 2-3 months but I have been reading a lot in that time and am always interested in learning more.

Well done on getting back to it and I look forward to hearing about your progress :)

Definitely interested in any resources Black cat. I watch a lot of keto people on you tube but I'm more interested in recipes and supermarket finds than the science vids.

Okay.. for those who are interested in the resources I've read and researched - here you go. Some have books, but in the main I've read online material and watched a whole bunch of videos over the last 2+ years :) It was when I stopped reading/researching and became complacent that I slipped back into bad habits.. but that's just me.

- Drs Stephen Phinney and Jeff Volek - The Art and Science of Low Carb.
- Dr Jason Fung - The Complete Guide to Fasting
- Dr Zoe Harcombe
- Dr Eric Westman (his protocol is the one where he encourages people to stick to 20g or less of total carbs) and his famous 'white coat' video

is the one that started me on my keto journey. There are many others of his that are well worth a watch.
- Dr Ken Berry
- Amy Berger, Tuit Nutrion.

As I said - in the main I've watched YouTube videos from those listed above and I did buy the two books I've mentioned. The first is very much about the science, but in an easy to understand format and the complete guide to fasting is a useful aid and provides a good insight to the principles of fasting and the different forms it takes.

Okay.. for those who are interested in the resources I've read and researched - here you go. Some have books, but in the main I've read online material and watched a whole bunch of videos over the last 2+ years :) It was when I stopped reading/researching and became complacent that I slipped back into bad habits.. but that's just me.

- Drs Stephen Phinney and Jeff Volek - The Art and Science of Low Carb.
- Dr Jason Fung - The Complete Guide to Fasting
- Dr Zoe Harcombe
- Dr Eric Westman (his protocol is the one where he encourages people to stick to 20g or less of total carbs) and his famous 'white coat' video

is the one that started me on my keto journey. There are many others of his that are well worth a watch.
- Dr Ken Berry
- Amy Berger, Tuit Nutrion.

As I said - in the main I've watched YouTube videos from those listed above and I did buy the two books I've mentioned. The first is very much about the science, but in an easy to understand format and the complete guide to fasting is a useful aid and provides a good insight to the principles of fasting and the different forms it takes.

Thank you for that 👍 I've heard of all but the first two doctors and I've read and watched a lot by the others you have mentioned. It's great that there is so much top quality information out there and hopefully word will continue to spread.

Back