Welcome to the shiny new low carb Keto thread!

AliGal

Eating Like A Bear plus!
S: 22st10.6lb C: 20st11.4lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 47 Loss: 1st13.2lb(8.54%)
This is the new place for people who are eating keto, low carb and/or medium or higher protein. Some of us count carbs, others track calories and some just eat real food grown above ground, no grains or beans. Some of us also fast - something that's surprisingly easy once you eat low carb- below 20gs. All are welcome!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

tipperary

Gold Member
S: 88.7kg C: 80.5kg G: 68kg BMI: 35.3 Loss: 8.2kg(9.25%)
Morning Ali, and thanks Pierce.
Is it possible to move the Keto Recipes thread here, thanks.

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
S: 356lb C: 314lb G: 140lb BMI: 55.6 Loss: 42lb(11.8%)
Morning all - love it! Thanks @Pierce xx

tazbabe

Gold Member
S: 16st2lb C: 14st2lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 36.2 Loss: 2st0lb(12.39%)
not been here for quite a while.... got my laptop up and running again at last.....pop in to see whats new and find this! fantastic!
i've bee low carb/lazy keto for 21 months now.

tipperary

Gold Member
Thats great Taz, you must have lots of ideas and advice for us

ladyfelsham

Hi Taz nice to see you again, and well done on sticking with low carb.

ladyfelsham

Manxy64

Silver Member
S: 16st8lb C: 14st10lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 35.4 Loss: 1st12lb(11.21%)
So happy to find this new section! I looked here some time ago for a Keto section and was disappointed, so it's great to see one up and running.

I have been reading about it and reducing carbs for a couple of weeks but started the Five Weeks of Keto challenge on Diet Doctor this week so I'm fully committed now.

ladyfelsham

Welcome Manxy - I'm following Diet Doctor too, such a great website. I've set my own menus on their site, loving it!

Good luck with your plan, here to support you.

AliGal

Eating Like A Bear plus!
S: 22st10.6lb C: 20st11.4lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 47 Loss: 1st13.2lb(8.54%)
I really liked this tweet:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190904-131042_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20190904-131042_Twitter.jpg
    610.8 KB · Views: 5

tipperary

Gold Member
A lot of sense

Manxy64

Silver Member
Welcome Manxy - I'm following Diet Doctor too, such a great website. I've set my own menus on their site, loving it!

Good luck with your plan, here to support you.

Thank you, Lady F, it is a really good website and full of great recipes and material. I'm down 6lbs already and it feels effortless :)

Glad to find this group on here.

Manxy64

Silver Member
I've been on Keto for about six weeks and have lost 12lbs so far but also noticably several inches here and there; I wish I had measured at the start!

For a good introduction I would point anyone in the direction of DietDoctor.com, which is a excellent free resource full of articles, videos, films and recipes. Here's a good intro:

They also offer a 14-day low carb eating plan to help you understand and get an idea of what you should be eating:

If you decide to subscribe to the site (I think about $9 per month but your first month is free) there are lots more resources and a five-week eating plan, plus an excellent members-only Facebook group. I'm not on commission, honest! :D I joined the site in August not intending to subscribe but it has been so worthwhile.

Bride2021

This is the new place for people who are eating keto, low carb and/or medium or higher protein. Some of us count carbs, others track calories and some just eat real food grown above ground, no grains or beans. Some of us also fast - something that's surprisingly easy once you eat low carb- below 20gs. All are welcome!
Hello, I'm starting keto tomorrow. I'm totally new to it all. I've only read about it online and not 100% sure about the plan at all. I've only ever done VLCD's but I'm fed up off it all.

Is there a diaries section for Keto? I'm using my moblie phone so it takes me even longer to search the forum lol

Manxy64

Silver Member
Hi and good luck with starting keto. I hopeyou enjoy the food and weight loss as much as I have in the last six weeks! :)

There isn't a specific diary section for Keto diaries so you could start yours in the general Weight Loss Diaries section. I post mine in the Members Only area which is a sub-section of Weight Loss Diaries.

Last edited:

Bride2021

Hi and good luck with starting keto. I hoe you enjoy the food and weight loss as much as I have in the last six weeks! :)

There isn't a specific diary section for Keto diaries so you could start yours in the general Weight Loss Diaries section. I post mine in the Members Only area which is a sub-section of Weight Loss Diaries.
Ahhh thank you. How much have you lost in total? Please tell me it's easy to follow? I'm a mummy to a toddler and work all week so I need something practical for me and my family.