Well Hello There!

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself and say hello. I started Xenical yesterday, so far so good - you hear so much about the side-effects you do tend to worry.

My approach is going to be a healthy balanced diet with lots of activity and excersise.

I look forward to 'meeting' you all and hearing about what works for you guys.

Cheers for now,

Laura x

Hiya Laura and welcome to Minis :D Where abouts in Glasgow are you? I'm on the southside, in Busby :)
Good luck on your weight loss journey, loads of support here and if you need anything just holler :D
xx

Hi Aliballibee (that's my wee boys fave nursery rhyme too!),

I'm over in Scotstounhill (west), though I'm from over your way originally (Giffnock). Did you grow up south-side? I went to Woodfarm.

Thanks for replying, btw, I'm trying to put up a profile pic but can't see how. Am I being thick?

Laura x

Welcome Laura and good luck x

I haven`t had any side affects so far :D I started them on Sunday night.

Xxx

You have to make a certain amount of posts before you can add a Pic.. I *think* it is 20?

x

Ah ha, that explains it then. I always think it's nice to be able to put a face to a name! I'll just need to make sure I keep posting then.

Good luck with your loss, it's nice to meet someone who's started taking Xenical about the same time.

Laura x

Thanks x I have lost 2lbs so far :D x

Hey Laura :D I grew up in Giffnock, AND I went to Woodfarm too lol ...I left in 1989.....

Hiya nice to 'meet' you!! I have only been taking it 9 days now and so far so good i am in a really positive mind x

It's a small world is it not?! I left in 1992. Were you in the same year as Jackie Newell? I'm quite friendly with her, she has a wee boy the same age as mine. My sister Lesley Green must have been a year above you. What's your surname?

So, folks, I'm just after my dinner. Baked salmon, with some mash and lots of lovely green beans. Do any of you find it difficult to find foods that have the right fat balance for the Xenical approach? Any ideas of meal suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Laura, I used to live up the road from you and your sister lol ( I met Lesley the other week at the shops at Sheddens :D )
Ermm remember Alison and Lesley Beveridge?? Well I'm Alison :D
xx

So, folks, I'm just after my dinner. Baked salmon, with some mash and lots of lovely green beans. Do any of you find it difficult to find foods that have the right fat balance for the Xenical approach? Any ideas of meal suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ok here's the technical info.....the diet to follow on Xenical is a 5% fat diet.....on the labels, your looking at total fat content to be no more than 5g per 100g of food, and your meals to be no more than 15g fat in total.
I'd be wary of low fat spreads, as they don't tend to be lower than 20% fat. Chicken, turkey and most white fish is fine. Fish like Salmon, herring, mackerel etc, while full of healthy omega 3 and 6, is still fat and Xenical will potentially treat it as such.
One of my fave meals is seafood pasta. Pack of mixed seafood ( squid, mussels, prawns), some tomato and basil sauce ( any tomato based sauce will be fine...but watch out for olive oil content), and some whole meal spaghetti..mmm lovely :D
xx

Laura, I used to live up the road from you and your sister lol ( I met Lesley the other week at the shops at Sheddens :D )
Ermm remember Alison and Lesley Beveridge?? Well I'm Alison :D
xx

Wow, this is just too spooky! How are you doing? And the family? Is your dad's name Gordon? Are they still in the fish business? (I can't belive that I'm remembering all this!). My m&d have moved to Merryburn Ave, David lives in Poland and Les up in Clarkston as you know.

You are doing so well with the weight loss, you are an inspiration!

OK, I'm off to bed for my beauty sleep! I can't wait to tell Lesley we've met up virtually! xx

Yep that's my dad lol
He works over in Byres Road, and uncle Alan has the shops in Giffnock and Shawlands :D
Night Laura xxx

Ok here's the technical info.....the diet to follow on Xenical is a 5% fat diet.....on the labels, your looking at total fat content to be no more than 5g per 100g of food, and your meals to be no more than 15g fat in total.
I'd be wary of low fat spreads, as they don't tend to be lower than 20% fat. Chicken, turkey and most white fish is fine. Fish like Salmon, herring, mackerel etc, while full of healthy omega 3 and 6, is still fat and Xenical will potentially treat it as such.
One of my fave meals is seafood pasta. Pack of mixed seafood ( squid, mussels, prawns), some tomato and basil sauce ( any tomato based sauce will be fine...but watch out for olive oil content), and some whole meal spaghetti..mmm lovely :D
xx

Good advice, thanks. You should be working on commission at Beveredges with a Seafood endorsement like that ;-)

I hope this salmon doesen't come back and bit me on the bum (literally!!).

Nighty night. xx

Back