Well here I go!!

hey welcome xx

:sigh:

Thanks for your reply Karen. No nothing has been mentioned. Did you get pedometers and bags when you started?

I got the proper bag the second week and the pedometer in the fourth week.
I use a mixer wand to mix the porridge, couldn't get the lumps out otherwise. I have the porridge in the morning cause I always had real porridge in mornings before LL. The pack isn't same as real porridge but can't really expect it to be.
I got a variety in the first week and just had to eat ones I didn't like the once. Didn't get them again. Now in week 6 and I have my favourites but still have a variety, porridge in morning, soup or meal pack for lunch and 1/2 bar at break, and 1/2 bar after work, and shake in the evening. Other ladies on here just have shakes and bars, others may not like shakes and have soup, everyone's tastes are really different. You will soon settle into what you like to eat, and there is enough variety to find something you like.
I do recommend spacing the packs to every 3.5 or 4 hours to stop hunger and drinking lots of water in between.
You can have the first bar on day 4, so its something new, and every few weeks I try a new water flavour.
Stick with it and you will love the results at your first weigh in. Stay focused and use the support on this forum, it really helps.

Welcome, I haye the porrige too!!
If you call your LLC she will let you know when your pop ins are, you can exchange the packs you dont like, I mostly have shakes, bars and mushroom soup but have triwd most packs. Your taste buds chage as you go, I mix my shakes with ice and warer in my kenwood smoothie to go, in fact when I go away I take it with me, they taste like mcdonalds thick shakes!
As mentioned earlier spread packs out every 4 hours if you can, lots of water, I uae the flavourings ti help get it down, disyraction and focus in new smaller clothes. Be careful about what you buy, it wont last ling before its too big! I bought stuff in the sale so bot too bad when it goes in the charity shop!
I bought the pink top on my avatar in May in a 12, it too big now! Inwear it with a smaller cami underneath so it looks ok, I never ever dreamed I would be smaller than a 12, started at 22!
good luck and really staying focussed is the wsy forward.
Jx

You are all fab!! Thanks for all the advice. Have found it pretty easy going so far. No headaches or anything. I love the soups, apart from curry!! That was such a disappointment last night! Tried the vanilla as a latte which was ok. Have been getting through the water no problem esp with the sunrise orange. I did sneak on the scales this morning just to see what was happening. My scales are always a bit iffy but around 5lbs in to days has really amazed me!! With any luck my cake shelf will be down to a muffin top in a couple of weeks!!!

My group only opens on Mon/Tues and I go Mondays, which meant in my first week I had not a chance to exchange packs, I was ok with pretty much all of them, had shakes in strawberry, banana, vanilla, then some veg soup, minestrone and porridge.

Vanilla I only buy to make into the latte as is way too sweet to just drink.

I really don't know what to say about not liking them, I think I would just hold my nose drink it down then follow with a big glass of water/juice.

I know this is not ideal but as you have seen a good loss in the 2 days it might help to think of a bigger loss and get you through till next group where you can get different ones.

Also you could have a go at mixing packs, like half porridge with half shake to give different flavours? or adding some tabasco/spices to soups just to make them go down.

hope you can either swap or find a solution xxx

So sorry you have packs you don't like

Thanks Loopylorns. Am not too worried. I go on a Monday as well but have got to wait until Tues next week. Think I will just leave my last pack until after this and swap in then. Will have another go at the porridge and swap the curry!! The other packs are quite tasty so should be fine.

Miss Vixie said:
Thanks Lady T!! The support you give to everyone on here is amazing. Day one was fine. No headaches. Did feel a bit light headed in the afternoon but had been shopping all day. Only problem was waking at 4 and all I could think of was food!! Never mind day 2 beckons and I'm gonna try the porridge. Hmmm not too sure about this one!!

Thanks hun, I am one of many! The support is amazing and never is there a problem or dilemma that others haven't dealt with which means fab advice when you are new to the plan!

You seem to be doing well, stick with it and the results will make you feel a million dollars! Xx

End of day 4 and have been feeling tired and miserable all day. I am realising how much I enjoy a meal and sharing those times with my family. I know it will be worth it in the end but I'd kill for some chips!!

Hiya hun, I know its tough but you can do this! I am sat here with my beautiful daughter eating a Ch****e and it smells lovely! I am defo resisting the temptation because I need to shift this weight the food will still be there when we finish! xx

Thanks Lady T! Am feeling much better today. Sleep is being interrupted by trips to the loo and dreams about food. Had a strange dream about sausages the other night!! We have a had a Japanese girl staying with us for the last week which has made everything more stressy that it needed to be but she has gone to London for the day so I am going to have a day to myself and start selling some of my clothes on ebay!! A bit premature I hear you shout!! Have loads of things that I never wear and I figure if i have no clothes that fit it's even more of an incentive to keep to the plan so I can buy new ones!!!

I am attempting the porridge again this morning. Not as bad as last time. Didn't want to end up with my least favourites all in one day for fear of actually losing the plot through disappointment!!!

Stop thinking about the food, think about something else. ITS THE PINK ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM !
Great plan with the clothes. x

Does anyone else have a small group? There is only 2 in mine including me!! Am a bit worried that the support and encouragement might be a bit lacking. Should have had my first weigh in tonight but bank holiday so got to wait until tomorrow and just go to collect packs. Is this a quicker way of losing weight than any of the other diets? I am just worried that if I only get small losses every week I am going to start thinking that I might as well be on slimming world and eating!

Have had some really testing meals this week. Saturday night is always take away night in our house and that was hard then a trip to the seaside yesterday and all the traditional eating that goes with it. Have been 100% this week and getting through water so fingers crossed! x

Does anyone else have a small group? There is only 2 in mine including me!! Am a bit worried that the support and encouragement might be a bit lacking. Should have had my first weigh in tonight but bank holiday so got to wait until tomorrow and just go to collect packs. Is this a quicker way of losing weight than any of the other diets? I am just worried that if I only get small losses every week I am going to start thinking that I might as well be on slimming world and eating!

Have had some really testing meals this week. Saturday night is always take away night in our house and that was hard then a trip to the seaside yesterday and all the traditional eating that goes with it. Have been 100% this week and getting through water so fingers crossed! x

There was only 3 in my group for the first 4 weeks. My weight loss is probably equal to what I lost when doing slimming world but this way helps you to address why you are overweight and helps you to develop coping strategies. That is my belief anyway.

I had tried Weight Watchers in the past and Slimming World, but I found that after the first few weeks I'd only lose 1/2lb after a week of struggling to eat right. Second guess myself, feel discouraged, then give up. I find it much easier to stick to the packs and I know if I have a small loss that its not that I ate wrong foods, its just my body adjusting.
I'm in a group of about 8 but sometimes I feel sorry for the LLC cause she has to work hard to get people to participate.

I was in a really large group that diminished in numbers down to just two, but has since increased to approx 5, all of which are newbies. Kinda struggle a little now as I am in a different place to them and feel like I can't contribute any longer. Xx

Back