Well I just wasted my money

What do you mean Belle?

It's the vanilla ones I really can't stand. I can manage the chocolate one. I have to go to the chemist to get more on saturday so I could take the ones I have back (vanilla) and ask to swap them.

I might try again tomorrow and see what happens...fingers crossed!

I really want to do it but when I was at work having my shakes I had to drink them when they were full of lumps and it was so horrible

I bought the container lipotrim sell which has a filter at the top of the lid to stop the lumps. Works for me. I have to take some in work too but I never have lumps coming through. You need to give it a good shake though, even in this container.

Tam did you drink all the water and loads of hot drinks, black coffee, peppermint tea etc ?

Try the soup, people told me it was yuck and I have to say I really like it, with loads of pepper in

Well I've decided i'm gonna give it another go but if i really can't do it then i'll have to stop. The chocolate one wasn't too bad so I might just try and get that one all the time.

Have bought a box of green tea (which I love anyway) and peppermint today so thats quite handy haha.

I really have to thank all of you because if you hadn't written the things you have then I wouldn't have decided to try again. I think I'm really gonna need your support though

The first time I did LT I tried all the flavours. Within 2 days I had swapped my Vanilla ones. I found I favoured the strawberry and chicken soup. In the 3rd week I had totally converted over to chocolate only!

This time round I got chocolate only. I had 1 soup left over and found the 1st half fine then struggled with the last bit.

I mix my shakes with loads of ice and to me, they taste a bit like a McD's milkshake. I love them. I tried the choc shake hot and hated it..... not everyone feels this way... Like others have said our tastes are different. I have also tried the vanilla shake with coffee and hated it but I might give it another go next week. After the last attempt I converted to black coffee but now cant face it! I also was very wary of trying the choc shake with peppermint tea but I think its lush...

If you really cant do it then dont beat yourself up over it especially if your BMI is within reasonable grasp of healthy.

The consultant I saw in my phamacy this week was a little negative like yours seems to be. How can anyone predict what your weight loss will be? A lot will depend on your TOTM and how your body metabolises water.

Got to agree with you tho about the lumps, it was one of the reasons I waited until I was finished Uni! My prb now is making meals for the kids especially the little one who likes me to share his food!

Glad your going to try again, or maybe try on your days off from work get the first 2 days over with, everyone here will support you, it's a great forum :)

Theresa thanks so much for that post.

Your BMI is the same as mine and your week one loss is very motivating!

I definitely need to give this a go i think...

My sister tried one yesterday and used a normal whisk to make it and there were no lumps so I might take one to work haha

Tamtam,

No prob. One of the harder things for me is ignoring family comments. My oldest kids are not entirely in favour. Apparently my daughter (nearly 18) spoke to her bf about my 'diet' and he sent her back with the message I was crazy and what a way to give up on wine!!! This daughter is the only one who fits in my old skinny jeans! My eldest girl is 19 and not skinny but happy with her size (she is 12-14), she thinks I am completely nuts.

This is more about me than them tho. They know not to be too openly disdainful. OH is oblivious until I refuse to go to the pub!!

I suppose a lot depends on how supportive your 'circle' is. I couldnt do this at college as I am a student midwife and everyone would be frowning on how low calorie it is. Only one in my group knows I am doing it because her mum and sis have lost weight on LT.

If work is an issue then get the shaker, I didnt find it great but its better than nothing. I found the mint one was the best without ice. But definately get a stick blender if you havent already got one.

Dont make my mistake and try and make the soup up in a shaker!! It pops open, not a pretty sight..... lol

Try one of the health food shops for the shaker too. They are the same; but over here, half the price.

Good for you to think about giving it another go.

I know exactly what you mean. My mum and sister aren't keen on the idea at all but my dad says i should give it a go. The OH doesn't care either way haha!

Did I understand you right when you said you weren't going to see your chemist anymore- just whoever works there? Thats not right! Your weigh-ins should be done by someone trained in LT- how else can they advise you on how you're doing?!?! Insist on being seen by the pharmacist each week so you can tell them how you're doing!
In my first week I was given a little of everything to try (they don't swap shakes at my chemist) and I'm so glad as I really like the soups and have grown to like the flapjacks! They had no right to put you off ones because they/others didn't like them- how do they know your tastes are the same as theirs! I find that offensive tbh!
I'd invest in a stick blender (I think tesco do them for around £5?)- I couldn't be without mine as the only way I like the shakes is with lots of crushed ice & two sweeteners. I also blend the soup with it, then heat it up in a saucepan and have it in a bowl so it looks like I'm eating 'normally'! LOL!
Well done for giving it another go- it IS hard, but surely you knew that before trying it in the first place? The first few days truly are the worst?

The 2 times I have been I have never seen the pharmacist either, just one of the counter staff :eek:

The 2 times I have been I have never seen the pharmacist either, just one of the counter staff :eek:
Thats not good enough!! :eek: This is a diet that has to be monitored by people trained in LT! I'm shocked they're getting away with it! How would you get help or advice if you didn't have access to minimins?! I'd contact LT and ask them what their policy is on weigh-ins at the pharmacies. I bet they wouldn't be too impressed!:sigh:

im just weighed and pay for my pack and they send me off again...

im in and out in 2 mins

my pharmacies a bit s***

I can't get over this...:eek::mad:

if i need any questions answered i dont trust pharmacies they just tell you different things.

i just phone or email LT themselves if i have any questions!

To be honest when I went in on my first day the pharmacist said to me it will be hard, they asked what flavours I wanted (after putting me off the majority lol) gave them to me and said you need to come back to get more for another week but after that you can come back every two weeks. She didn't even mention being weighed every week...

Tamtam are u gonna give it a go? Seriously your taste buds do change, they sorta adjust to the shakes, I hated the chocolate one cold but just tried it again 9 days in and its really nice! I hope u give it a go even for the weekso u aint waisted your money.

Best of luck x x

hey kelly, I sure am. I'll be back on the band wagon tomorrow but you guys had better be here to help hehe

Thats brilliant, Im on here most the time lol x

Back