well i took my driving test and .......................

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by nannydi, 19 September 2008 Social URL.

1. nannydi

nannydi wants a new body

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(15.44%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i failed!!!!!

oh well will have to do it again

i totally stuffed up bay parking but that has always been my worst manoeuvre out of the lot and i was approaching the junction to turn right and i checked my mirrors like a good girl lol and indicated and did everything i should i swear on my kids lives that there was no one indicating behind me and so i pulled out and as i did there was a car behind me so failed on that too
    only got 5 minors was dead chuffed with that but then got my two serious

only problem is now i quite happy to do it all again as it was no way near as bad as i was expecting but...............

there is no test dates till november in taunton not a problem i hear you say

my theory runs out on october 30th

i can't book a test in november for theory runs out in oct and can't book another theory test till that one runs out so am quite peeved

all i can do is keep checking for a cancellation
    xxxxxx

that actually upset me more than failing the blooming test
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. I didn't pass first time and kept ringing each day for a cancellation. Got one and passed.

I couldn't manage bay parking thank goodness I passed my test before that was part of the test

Don't be too disappointed
    Irene xx

4. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    can you not do t anywhere else? i took mine in sunderland but could get a sooner one in gateshead if iw as willing to go there. i know you wont know the roads but it will probably keep you on your toes and make you more aware. i failed first time too but chin up youll get there!!

5. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

Aww sorry you didnt pass hun I am sure you will next time. xx

6. nannydi

nannydi wants a new body

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(15.44%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    there are no available dates in exeter and i hate exeter for driving with a vengeance so that a no no lol

i checked other test centres and there is nothing available lol

i glad in a way i failed cos i know i will go into the next one a lot more confident etc
    thanks for all you r comments i will keep ya posted
    xxx

7. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Aww hun, at least it's taken "the fear" away for you, I'm sure you'll be fine next time. xxx

8. MrsEdz

MrsEdz Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(9.87%)
    Diet:
    SW
    sorry to hear you failed but I'm sure you'll sail through (well not literally of course cos that'd be silly!) next time.

Keep fingers crossed for a cancellation.

Sx

9. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

aww that's a real bummer. the same happened to my boyfriend. he came in from his lesson on tuesday night and decided to book his test online. so i looked and there was one available the next morning - so he rang his instructor and booked it.

unfortunately he failed and the next available test if for october 31st!!! he had an 'episode' and ranted for about 10 minutes saying he's giving up, it's too stressful, his instructor's crap, costs too much, he thinks the ginger t***er that was his examiner didn't pass him on purpose, etc. i just started laughing, then he laughed and thankfully calmed down! instead of booking another test he's decided to wait and see if any cancellations come up.

i hope you manage to pass 2nd time around. ;)

10. Claire1981

Claire1981 Is so very nearly there!

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just see you FB status too :/

Sorry ya failed hun and crap about the test and theory etc... what pants! x

11. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I failed first time too so don't be too hard on yourself. I'm sure you will do just fine on the next one

12. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    aw sorry hun, they do say the best drivers pass second time around though dont they?! xxx

13. charliegirl

charliegirl Silver Member

Diet:
    Gastric Bypass
    If its any consolation my daugher had to take hers 6 times before she passed! lol.....hope you dont have to wait that long all good things come to those that wait.....(says me who has no patience whatsoever).....Linda x

14. PinkToaster

PinkToaster Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - Everyday is a green day!
    Aww that sucks. I'm not sure what you meant by the major fail at the junction? Luckily for me, the area in which I'm learning (and will take my test) doesn't have the facilities for bay parking, so I won't have to do it on my test! My greatest failing used to be left hand reverse but I think I've got that down now, it's parallel parking (but they don't call it that now do they?) that I think will let me down, but I'm with BSM and if you book your test through them they make sure that your instructor is available for a lesson immediately before.

Oh, and I only just realised that I coast a lot, which is a major fault. So I have to watch myself constantly.

15. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    good on ya for the determination of taking your test again though. If Id failed my test I dont know that Id have retaken it! x

16. sm1ler

sm1ler Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    sorry to hear you failed your test but good luck with booking another one before the theory runs out. im sure you will be fine next time round!!

17. snow_white78

snow_white78 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(15.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I failed 4 tests before i passed (3 because I couldn't bay park lol!) Have been driving 3 years now and still can't park. But each test made me more confident and determined to pass. God luck with getting a cancellation:)

18. Charisma

Charisma Silver Member

ahhh sorry to hear bout ya failing. someone i know took theirs 5 times before they passed.

i was never good at reversing round a corner and i thought if i get it on my test i wil fail.... then i got it and luckily i just got minors on it but ive never used it since i passed :D

19. Nanny Jax

Nanny Jax getting back on track

Diet:
    Slimming world
    I hope you get a cancellation in time.... and it's a fact ;-), all the best drivers pass second time lol.

20. nannydi

nannydi wants a new body

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(15.44%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    yay got a date in october got 4-6 weeks to sort out my bloomin bay parking lol

xxxxx

21. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Now do we think Nanny Jax passed second time around?! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.