well i went to new class

metrognome

is getting better at it
to night and well i have never seen so many people if the leader hadn't spotted me lurking in the door way i would have turned round and come home. :(

On the plus side i only gained 1/2lb going from a morning weigh in to an evening one, so am starting it as a fresh new start and i won the raffle, bonus. need to have a really good read of the books because this time i am going to do it.

hope your all having a good day

karen

good luck with your new group Karen xx

Hope you feel more comfortable with your new group. Ours is a very big and busy one but don't let that put you off.

New group and bread

I changed groups by accident really because I couldn't make my Thursday one so went to a Wed. one instead. I found the earlier am better for me and enjoyed the location (further away) and the group members were more open to talk to each other. I would always recommend trying a few groups if you don't get enough interaction at your first one. I never thought going to a slimming group would be for me (tried WW once and didn't feel welcome so didn't return) but SW diet and group meetings work.

BTW I have found since giving up bread completely I have lost more weight. Has anyone else found this? My HEx is porridge on Extra Easy.

I have recently given up going to my meetings and I am going it alone... I felt like all we did was listen to what people had done that week - no motivation and very few tips so I felt like I was wasting my money!

I might try another group and see if I find that any better:sigh:.

Do all groups do the same sort of thing?

My group is a really smallo one, but we're all friendly and I love it. I'm gutted that my lovely consultant will be leaving us after next week's class as she's the first consultant who I've felt relaxed with.

Our image therapy is how did everyone do and what did you do in the week to get the result you got. Other members give tips and suggestions, as does the consultant, of course.

hello and thank for the replies,
i think i will stick with this meeting or the one straight afterwards, the leader was nice and quite funny and i dont know if t was the because the class was so big but she never went through all the weight loss and gains like they normally do, only the ones that had awards to come, she talked about the easter eggs and chocolates that she had on the table and how many syns they were that was an eye opener

karen

hello and thank for the replies,
i think i will stick with this meeting or the one straight afterwards, the leader was nice and quite funny and i dont know if t was the because the class was so big but she never went through all the weight loss and gains like they normally do, only the ones that had awards to come, she talked about the easter eggs and chocolates that she had on the table and how many syns they were that was an eye opener

karen

sounds like a good group - i hate groups where they read out everyone's result. Sorry but i find it boring and a waste of time. I prefer to get tips on the diet - learn about new syn free food and whats new and a healthy extra.

My group is a lunchtime one near where i work, theres no image therapy but the consultant is very supportive!

Re. topics of conversation at SW group meetings

I have to agree that a group is only as productive as its consultant unless there are members who are willing to speak up and drive the topics of conversation forward. The going over of each person's gains or losses can be boring for others but motivating for the person concerned. I think going with the desire to help others if your weight loss is going well and to commiserate with others when it isn't going well for them is a good idea. When it's not gone well for you, it can be comforting to hear firsthand from others that they have been in the same situation and to receive encouragement to start afresh from that meeting. Let's all help each other. What do you think?

Back