Step 1 Sole Source Well...I'm back

Blubell._.0422

Silver Member
I failed miserably last time,went on holiday, came back, had a thyroid operation,and have today been to the doctor who said if my blood pressure doesn't come down by Monday she's putting me in hospital. So..I am returning to CD.The blood pressure is and always has been linked to my weight so it needs to go.Plus all the aches and pains I am having and shortness of breath are just too much now. I'm 41 but I feel like I'm 80.My Mum has more energy than me and that's just not right. I can't get to see anyone till next week but I have packs at home thankfully so I am starting straight away.I'm probably going to ramble a lot here to keep me on the straight and narrow.Going to update my stats with accurate weight and measurements etc in a second.I am absolutely determined this time to succeed.I am so sick of being fat.

Welcome!! This place is a fantastic place for support!!
You can do it. Sounds like you have more than enough reasons to.
Good luck xx

Hiya, welcome back! Sorry you've been feeling so cr@ppy. I reckon if you get going on packs now it should bring your BP down fairly quickly - going low carb would do the same thing. Quick tip though - don't drink loads of water before getting your BP checked - it'll only make it appear worse than it is.

My OH has thyroid problems so I completely sympathise with how you must be feeling - everyone seems to think that all you need to feel normal again is a prescription for levothyroxine but sadly it isn't always as simple as that.

Hope you get off to a flying start and begin to feel better really soon x

Thanks Lily.I was expecting to feel better than I do once I started on the thyroxine but sadly no.I've had 2 packs so far today(I have to have 4 with milk because my BMI is over 40 and I refused to go on the higher plans with food as I might as well have done weightwatchers if I was eating).I'm about to have a soup and then will have a last shake before bed.I'm starving but feeling positive.My birthday is in April so I hope to have lost 4 stone by then.I used to have fairly good weight losses when I did it before but who knows now I'm on meds.

Well day 1 went OK..bit of a headache but I survived it.Day 2 ahead-have had 2 cups of tea so far and water.Time for a shake soon I think.Feeling very positive and looking forward to buying lots of new clothes soon.Need to chuck some of my old ones that have holes in.Don't feel like working today.It's miserable outside.Need to pop into town though and get some ketostix as I can't find my old ones(we moved house 6 weeks ago).And a new shaker as mine has gone missing(I'm surrounded by boxes lol).Was looking at clothes yesterday for inspiration.And some old photos on here on my old user name when I lost loads of weight.Will be looking at those every day as inspiration as I lost so much back then. Just hoping my skin doesn't get too loose and horrible, though I know that can be sorted out with surgery.But in any case better to be slim with some loose skin than fat...Can't wait till my knees and back stop aching and I get a bit more energy...

slim2012 said:
Well day 1 went OK..bit of a headache but I survived it.Day 2 ahead-have had 2 cups of tea so far and water.Time for a shake soon I think.Feeling very positive and looking forward to buying lots of new clothes soon.Need to chuck some of my old ones that have holes in.Don't feel like working today.It's miserable outside.Need to pop into town though and get some ketostix as I can't find my old ones(we moved house 6 weeks ago).And a new shaker as mine has gone missing(I'm surrounded by boxes lol).Was looking at clothes yesterday for inspiration.And some old photos on here on my old user name when I lost loads of weight.Will be looking at those every day as inspiration as I lost so much back then. Just hoping my skin doesn't get too loose and horrible, though I know that can be sorted out with surgery.But in any case better to be slim with some loose skin than fat...Can't wait till my knees and back stop aching and I get a bit more energy...

Don't bother with new Ketostix - you don't need them. :) If you do the plan properly you'll be in ketosis for sure, no matter what the Ketostix say (they're horribly inaccurate!). Save the money for new clothes!

Glad day one went well! :clap:

Oh I know about the ketostix but I like checking LOL.Anything to distract me from not eating :D

I'm currently wearing size 26 jeans and a size 22 top.Hoping to lose 5 stone by my birthday and be in size 18 jeans and a size 16 top like I was before.

Feeling good today so far. Am happy with my unofficial daily weigh-ins. Hope it carries on. It will carry on as long as I keep having the shakes and water. Helpfully I have no parties planned or anything else exciting and I'm not much of a drinker anyway.looking forward to my holiday next August...hope to be a lot smaller by then.

Morning! Another one who is hoping to be a hell of a lot slimmer by August as I am off to Majorca with friends and our kids and I don't want to be the whale beside the pool!!! Am already looking forward to my weigh in on Monday - this time I don't have scales at home (currently!) and I know my first week losses are good normally, so hoping to get at least a stone off this first week (first time I did it I lost 23lb in the first 9 days!!!)

Blooming hell Starlit, the most I have lost in week one is 11Ibs.

I'm not seeing CDC until my return to work on the 7th when I will book myself in so hopefully by then I will shock myself and her lol

Roll on weigh day :) Good luck hun x

The 3 times I did it properly I lost 16 lbs,18 and 21 in the first week.I don't think this week is going to be as spectacular but I'm hoping to lose at least 14 lbs :)

I hate waiting for official weigh day to arrive...seems to take forever...

Yup, mine is still 6 days away! lol!

I need a time machine.lol

Hi there girls I'm starting again tomorrow. I had list 24lbs in 6weeks ( just couldn't believe it) but I have went totally off track as I had loads of Xmas parties x my prob is I work nite duty so find it hard to work out best way to do the plan ( as I don't want anyone in work to no I'm doin it x x I feel really sorry for the girl with the thyriod prob (sorry I can't cure name at the min) I have had an uat for aprox 12years and could never lose any weight ! Now I am on ndt and I dont seem to have a probe sorry girls for such a long post x

Thats me with the thyroid problem. Still waiting to feel better. Lol.

maggie69 said:
Hi there girls I'm starting again tomorrow. I had list 24lbs in 6weeks ( just couldn't believe it) but I have went totally off track as I had loads of Xmas parties x my prob is I work nite duty so find it hard to work out best way to do the plan ( as I don't want anyone in work to no I'm doin it x x I feel really sorry for the girl with the thyriod prob (sorry I can't cure name at the min) I have had an uat for aprox 12years and could never lose any weight ! Now I am on ndt and I dont seem to have a probe sorry girls for such a long post x

NDT - natural desiccated thyroid?? How are you getting on with that? Did you managed to get it prescribed or did you go the do it yourself route?

Sorry to be nosy - my OH has hypothyroidism and levothyroxine just doesn't seem to do much. :(

Back