Well look what happens when...

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
you apply your self, you loose weight - I lost 3lbs this week - go me! After weeks of pontificating, I got down to it, managed to stick to plan about 97% over the week and got a result. It amazes me how I whinge when I don't loose any but know that I haven't tried really hard. Do I expect results for no effort, I think I do expect it, but deep down know that it isn't going to happen and then look for the excuses to explain it away. Well, for anyone else out there who is going through this "I haven't lost anything this week but I stuck to plan 100% all week" syndrome, all I can say is NO YOU HAVEN'T. If you had done the plan right you would have lost something even 1/2lb. So what I am trying to say is, don't be like me and play with the plan and expect results. If you are serious about wanting to shift those pounds, you have got to apply yourself 100%, no messing around with the "one won't hurt" because it will. Think about it, we got to the size we are by saying one won't hurt and we have proved that it is wrong, it does hurt and hurt a lot when we look in the mirror and don't like what we see. So (getting off soap box now lol) anyone struggling out there, think long and hard about what you want to be like, overweight, unhealthy, missing out on life etc, or do you want to be slim, fit, joining in with everyone else and living life to the full. I know what I want, do you? Grab today with two hands and let today be the first day of the rest of your life as a new person, the person you want to be.

Sorry, feeling quiet emotional today and needed to say this to try and help people understand that nothing will happen if we don't try to change our ways.

So, to this end, I hope everyone has a wonderful day, makes the changes you need to to succeed and here's to the new us. xxxxx

Well said; and congrats on your fabulous loss.

Hugs
Jacqui

thank you :)

it feels like you wrote that especially for me, i have been thinking this for a while and its ok saying it in your head because it only stays there, but seeing it there by someone i feel i know and like then it seems to make it real and makes me want to do it
hope this makes some kind of sense

thank you again:D

Congratulations, I'm defo sticking to it 100% this week no matter what the week throws my way.

Got birthday drinks tomorrow night and I will be drinking Diet Coke all the way but may leave some syns for a fabulous alcohol free fruit cocktail as it's my all time fave.:D

Before the drinks me and OH are out for dinner, good job I prefer the healthier options available to me. Just need to resist the bread and chilli sauce :cry:

Good luck to you, you will do it:hug99:

Enjoy your night out and DO resist the bread, its my weakness, but don't let the waiter leave any on the table or ask for none to be brought to the table at all when you order, it will help. xxx

I will try my best (language barrier) if not I will just make my hubby eat it all

Could not have said it better myself!! I do this all the time, just last week i put 1/2 lb and could of sworn I'd stuck to the plan. When I really thought about it though, I really really didn't! I am totally dedicated this week, WI on tuesday I would like 2lb off then I get my half stone sticker!

There is one thing with your post that I dont agree with, purely because I can honestly say...I do stick to plan 100% and yes there are weeks where I stay the same and I get really disappointed as I know I havent cheated. I write everything down and still dont see the benefit...that is until the following week when my body decides to play catch up!
Its all about being honest to yourself though and I agree with that!! At the end of the day, if you have cheated, expect a gain or a sts.

Thank you for posting Hun.
xxx

Lovely post CG and well done on your loss this week, that's excellent.

I hope you are feeling better today, love to you. X

I put on 5.5 lb this week and you're right I haven't stuck to the plan 100% but I have apart from the weekend and I have excercised most days :( I'm sure I don't deserve a 5.5lb gain

There is one thing with your post that I dont agree with, purely because I can honestly say...I do stick to plan 100% and yes there are weeks where I stay the same and I get really disappointed as I know I havent cheated. I write everything down and still dont see the benefit...that is until the following week when my body decides to play catch up!
Its all about being honest to yourself though and I agree with that!! At the end of the day, if you have cheated, expect a gain or a sts.

Thank you for posting Hun.
xxx

Thanks Mrs V, I know what you mean and totally agree with you. It wasn't really aimed at people like you who play catch up, but thanks for pointing it out, but people like me who look for the excuses on why there has been no weight loss when deep down I know why, I've just not been committed enough. Its just easier to blame something else other than myself, its hard enough to admit not sticking to plan without adding the extra burden of self blame if you know what I mean.

I put on 5.5 lb this week and you're right I haven't stuck to the plan 100% but I have apart from the weekend and I have excercised most days :( I'm sure I don't deserve a 5.5lb gain

Thats not just a nip thats a huge bite thats come back to you, sorry to hear it, but with a lot of determination and effort this week you can make it right next week and get back into the swing of things. You can do it babes so tell yourself nothing is going to get in the way this week of a beautifull you. xx

Very motivational - thank you CharlotteGrace. Thing is I'm confused because I look slimmer! Oh well, let's keep to it and see what the scales say next week. Congratulations on your 3lb loss by the way xx That's brilliant x

WOW,,!! i loved readin that , sounded like me all over!! if you rbad expect a gain ,,!! simple thank you for that it really made me think :)

Back