Well!!! Now I have heard it all.

fillymum

synful soul
I am at home today and the Jeremy Kyle Show is on. It is a show I never watch normally but this morning for some reason I left it on.

I have p*ssed myself laughing. There is someone on at the moment who is accusing her fellas ex of chasing him.

To try and entice him she buys him, now wait for it friends, whisky.....no.......beer......no....cigarettes.......no new clothes ........no. Try again...............potted meat !!!!!:wow::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Well girls, now we know were we are going wrong. Get out there and buy that potted meat.

Tell me this programme is a spoof.

I can't watch it Sue, all the arguing and shouting drives me mad.
Sadly though, it's not a spoof!!!!

PS - my hubby would love potted beef!

I used to work with someone who appeared on the show recently. If the Jeremy Kyle show had been around 22 years ago when I knew him, he would have been EXACTLY the sort of person I would have expected to end up on there. Loads of kids to different mothers, endless failed relationships/engagements/marriages. Sure enough, there he was one day, being bawled at by his ex-wife for not being around for his kids enough and getting engaged to someone else while he was still legally married to her. There really ARE people like that out there, its not a spoof - although I daresay they pick and choose who they get to appear on the show based on how much they think the audience will react to the story.

I love watching it, whenever I have a bad day, I feel instantly better about myself :D

Might seem like a really stupid question but what is Potted Meat? Meat in Pots?
I've never heard of it...

It was even better than that - potted meat and lucozade lol
:rotflmao:

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

No doubt to keep his strength up whilst being chased:rotflmao:

I missed the outcome of it as I was busy in and out of the kitchen.

The outcome wasn't that exciting - he and potted meat lady were working with the experts regarding access to the kids, and his mrs was still saying potted meat lady was being a pain, and potted meat lady was saying the mrs was a pain too!

I watch Jezza most mornings, it entertains me. Sadly, not a spoof, I know a couple of people who have been on it, and they are like that in 'reality'.

I detest potted meat. Cheese toasties however.......

Might seem like a really stupid question but what is Potted Meat? Meat in Pots?
I've never heard of it...

Shiphams and Princess make it in lots of varieties.

Nodge, I was gonna ask the same thing!

As for Jeremy Kyle, I hate the show! I get so angry and makes me want to throw things at my telly! And I like my telly!! Hee hee!!! People who go on that show should all be drowned at birth! ;)

I must admit they all seemed to be of a type this morning and like Jay I hate shouting so I don't think it is for me. It was an experience however.

I am still smiling. Think I might buy Paul some lucozade this afternoon and see what happens lol:D

Potted meat woman has got her Stray Cats muddled!
If you put potted meat on a cats paws when you move house it's supposed to help it find it's way home and stop it straying!

I don't think it works on men!

I hate Jeremy Kyle show, and the american one, and Take a break magazine and others of their ilk!

My butcher does home made potted beef and I love it soooooooooooo much.
Like a beef spread for those who don't know, but proper meaty. Mmmmmm. Lovely on toast.

is 'potted' meat - meatpaste? hehe!

x

Pretyy much but as MLM said a greater meat content . I think they have a very high fat content though something like 60%

My butcher does home made potted beef and I love it soooooooooooo much.
Like a beef spread for those who don't know, but proper meaty. Mmmmmm. Lovely on toast.

Paul loves home made beef spread and the same with chicken spread etc. I blitz left over meat in the blender with just enough butter to spread it easily. I add whatever he fancies, sometimes mustard, sometimes black pepper etc.

I am off out now to do the shopping. Lucozade is top of the list :D

i always wondered if the show was a spoof but then a girl i worked with was on it, she took great delight in telling us when it would be on but it was embarrassing to watch cause she was sitting with us when it was on :eek: she was quite proud of the fact she was airing her problems on tv some things are best left private lol :whoopass:

i always wondered if the show was a spoof but then a girl i worked with was on it, she took great delight in telling us when it would be on but it was embarrassing to watch cause she was sitting with us when it was on :eek: she was quite proud of the fact she was airing her problems on tv some things are best left private lol :whoopass:

Oh so right. Somany things should stay private "!!!

Looking at the replies potted meat seems to be a Midlands/Northern thing.
When I was a kid in Yorkshire our local butcher made fantastic peppery potted meat - can taste in now and today I am veggie :D

When I am in UK the MIL and I sit every morning and watch Jeremy Kyle although at 90 I have to explain most of it to her which makes me laugh more than the programme.

My sister was on a special Jeremy Kyle show about disabled children last year as my niece has a very rare disability. They picked them up from their house in hull in a taxi, drove them to Manchester. Feed the other 3 kids on junk food & had them entertained on playstations etc all day. Gave my sister & her OH a full pack of fags each, and offered them booze if they wanted it. When she asked why they were doing this, she was told that they always give guests whatever they are addicted to (eg nicotine in her case) to keep them relaxed. Presumably they would provide methodone to a heroin addict. I told her she should have told them she was addicted to money - then it might have been worth the shame of being on the Jeremy Kyle Show.

On the plus side my niece was not impressed with Jeremy Kyle, she was more interested in his prompt cards, and wouldn't sit on his lap - she usually will go to anyone, but she obviously draws the line a naccasistic bullies.

Back