Welliboots IF Diary

Dear All
After being hugely inspired by Nicola's diary, i thought i'd start my own. I started my weightloss journey on the 23rd March weighing in at 11 stone 4 following the Dukan diet. I was delighted that after a couple of months i lost just over a stone however i just got a bit bored with it as i was just basically eating George Formaned chicken or steak every day! My own fault but eating different foods to the rest of the family, i really couldn't be bothered to make much effort! SO i strayed and my weight stalled. Fast forward to the end of May, i heard about the 5:2 diet. Intrigued, i thought i'd give it a go - starting on the 1st June weighing in at 10 stone 2. I read Mosely's book a coupe of days into starting it and a couple of days after that i read Skinner's IF book - which quite frankly blew me away. At 38 and having 2 young children being slim is no longer the be all and end all - i want long term good health. So far i have pretty much managed to follow the pattern of fasting Monday, Wednesday's and Friday. And i feel great, delighted! I just feel so comfortable with this way of eating as i do not need to spend time and money on having separate foods to the rest of the family and 4 days a week i can join in mealtimes. I just can't believe the way i would naturally eat, had i only followed my instincts would have mean that i would have been a stable weight all my life. You see i can do abstinence and i can do feasting - but i am rubbish at moderation. And because i was always led to believe that you only lose weight with moderation i would just feat all the time because i thought that i'd blown it - duhhhhh!!!! Anyhow - time will tell - but i feel more hopeful than i think i ever have. I have been tracking my daily fluctuations so when i have a spare 5 minutes i will put them in a post and continue to update them. I am a daily weigher (wish i wasn't!)
Look forward to meeting you all.
x

Oh I love another daily weigher, I really hope you get results, you seem to have the right attitude about it all and it is a great plan, same as you I am either an angel or a demon on the food front, good luck, looking forward to your updates!

Hi Guys, thanks for the welcome :D
UD today. Bit of a piggy day as was out for most of it so didn't get the chance to make any food.
Breakfast: 2 slices of dark rye bread with tomatoes and parma ham
Lunch/dinner: a small Dominos pizza with pineapple on (delicious!)
Snacks: 2 packs of breakfast biscuits, 2 iced ring donuts and one small choc ice.
Haven't drunk anywhere near enough liquids today but went shopping and bought some nice salady things ready for tomorrow. Am totally pooped - been a long day!

Well, after reading Irish Ozzie's diary have decided to do a bit of potato hacking on my DDs. Depending on what the scales say tomorrow, don't know if i will do a hack all week and have potato UDs and DDs. ALl is going well - had a good UD UD this weekend. My goal was to get to 9 1/2 stone by the end of this month and this morning i weighed in at 9 stone 11 so am hoping that 3 DDs this week will take me to the magic place! Looking at my losses this month, i seem to lose 4lbs over the period of the week and then put 2lbs on at the weekend (literally 2 steps forward and 1 step back!) .... so fingers crossed i follow that p[pattern this week!

I found the potato hack losses stayed off i did it back in February and early March and got rid of some very nasty gains from my birthday binges. It really does give the losses a big boost

I found the potato hack losses stayed off i did it back in February and early March and got rid of some very nasty gains from my birthday binges. It really does give the losses a big boost

potato hack sounds interesting. Do you have to eat the potato skin or can u have mash or frylight chips. Do you only eat potato for days or add other things?

I've been having a mixture of everything - mash, boiled, frylight chips, jacket potatoes. But have not being weigh whilst im here and it more for damage limitation but would hope to lose few pounds on it when im back home.
Just don't weigh in first day after potato hack as you could weigh a few pounds heavier.
Use frylight sparingly and you'll be grand.
Happy peeling ladies!

I've been having a mixture of everything - mash, boiled, frylight chips, jacket potatoes. But have not being weigh whilst im here and it more for damage limitation but would hope to lose few pounds on it when im back home.
Just don't weigh in first day after potato hack as you could weigh a few pounds heavier.
Use frylight sparingly and you'll be grand.
Happy peeling ladies!

I see. It will be interesting to see how you get on. The only thing is... I couldn't imagine eating a dry jacket potato or mash. Do you put anything on them? What about mashing with an oxo cube & hot water for a bit of taste or popping baked beans or salsa on top of a jacket. Is that allowed? Sorry to quiz you, I'm just unsure of the rules about this potato hack diet and I can just imagine gulping a gallon of water with a jacket just to try to wash them down :)

For anyone interested in the potato hack here it is:

Here are the general guidelines:

1. Plan on eating mostly potatoes for 5-7 days (90%+ of calories)
2. Eat between 2 and 4lbs of potatoes daily.
3. Other foods allowed (but optional!): 1/2 cup sauerkraut, 1 cup bone broth, 1 tsp max daily coconut oil, olive oil, or butter,
1-2oz lean meat daily. Unlimited coffee, tea, and water.
4. Spices, salt, pepper, and vinegar OK.
5. Lifting of Heavy Things discouraged, think ‘de-load week’ Lifting light things/walking OK.
6. All normal supplements OK to continue
7. IF’ing, especially by skipping breakfast encouraged.
8. If you need to lose more weight, alternate the “Potato Reset” diet with healthy Primal Blueprint in 5-7 day increments.
9. Not recommended for people who eat every 2-3 hours, have glucose issues, or have eating disorders.
10. Highly recommended for people who have their hunger under control, have been eating PB style for 6 months or more, and are having trouble losing weight with the normal approaches.

Hi Guys - thanks for posting :0) I am trying to get around to reading your diary threads too but only managed Irish Ozzie's so far. The two young 'uns keep on interrupting me so only get a chance in the evenings and sometimes not even then. But i will stop by and say hello :0)

Well, day one of potato hack done and dusted and drum roll....... scales show a 2lb loss this am! I would normally show a loss on a Tuesday as Monday is my first DD of the week but am still chuffed none the less as assumed the carbs would have put me up a few pounds instead. Ended up boiling a pan of about 700g of new potatoes in the morning and gradually ate them through the day. They were surprisingly nice and because i had previously been a low-carber, i had it in my head that potatoes were a no no so i think that made me enjoy them more! Have to admit i am an evening eater and ate them all by about 6pm so was a bit panicky as to what i would do later on but i ended up falling asleep when i put the 17month old to bed so that eliminated that problem!

So my dilemma this morning was whether to carry on and have an UD of potatoey goodness, so this morning i chopped and roasted a kilo of them in a roasting pan with a couple of knorr stock pots and just had a serving now sprinkled with some fresh chopped tomato and parsley. I know it's not strictly potato hack but i guess as long as i don't have protein or fat my body will process the carbs from the toms and parsley in the same way as the carbs in the potatoes?

It's odd that i wrote that potatoes were a no no because on JUDDD nothing is a no no - it's just a choice. I know it's nearly days but i love JUDDD. I've spent my life battling with food and my weight and it just seems very liberating that i can eat what i want and be as inconsistent as i want. Hurrah!!!!!

Well, yesterday i consumed about a kilo of potatoes which i think is about 2 lbs and i felt absolutely fine. From what i read, people either seem to thrive on the potato hack or feel awful. Glad to report that thus far i fall in the former camp! Weighed in today and was up 1 and 1/4 lb from yesterday. Today's potato offering is going to be about 700g potatoes cooked in a saucepan with a knorr stockpot with a mug of water, about 10 chopped olives, some chopped garlic and sweet smoked paprika. Gently simmered till almost all of the liquid had gone. SO after today i am not sure what i will do as i am meeting a friend tomorrow for a late lunch. I could be a real stick in the mud and just have a plain salad and some potatoes as most places sell those. Not sure yet as it's an UD. Think it depends on what the scales say tomorrow morning;)

It's odd because i am actually finding them really tasty. Nothing like the over cooked water logged boiled potatoes my mum used to put on my plate when i was young! (and she was quite a good cook too!) i tend to cook them with their skins on and so far have only had waxy type potatoes so they have stayed quite solid and (sounds daft) but quite meaty!

I imagine i would enjoy them to start with but i'd get fed up pretty quickly. I've never eaten just plain pots before. But i'm really looking forward to hearing how you get on with this, especially since you're doing so well :)

Back