Extra Easy Wellll over calories

I know the types 1 & 2 are different.:) If you want to lose weight consultants can help you with that, and I said before you are the expert in your own condition and remain in control.:)

I don't mean to be rude to sw consultants but the ones I've come across have been very ill informed, it's easy enough to become a sw consultant if you have the money to start up. I wouldn't trust a sw consultant to help me if I was a diabetic.so that should be sorted with your own drs and nurses not a stranger who sat in a few training classes for a specific diet. There's a lot of science behind different diets.there are diets that will and won't work for certain people. I'm a big lover of low carb but as soon as I start it my heart goes out of control.resulting in me being on beta blockers aged 22, hayboo you're doing great,providing you feel healthy and you're enjoying the plan that you feel you could be on for life then don't worry about anything else.the calories can seem daunting,but calories don't really mean anything on different plans. Atkins is a higher fat diet. the calories on that would be off the scale but people still lose. And then there are diets that limit you to 600calories a day. This plan focuses more on keeping your fat intake low.enabling you to eat more if you need to. Keep up the good work. Ignore the calorie count and I hope your losses are great x

Yeah all the chaps at work seem to think im making the plan up cause ive explained you can eat when hungry haha.

Its good so far and im hopeful this is the right one for me.

I lost a stone and a half before my wedding a couple years ago by eating soup at lunch rather than sandwiches. Worked a treat but the thought of eating soup now literally turns my stomach :)

Yeah all the chaps at work seem to think im making the plan up cause ive explained you can eat when hungry haha.

Its good so far and im hopeful this is the right one for me.

I lost a stone and a half before my wedding a couple years ago by eating soup at lunch rather than sandwiches. Worked a treat but the thought of eating soup now literally turns my stomach :)

Yeah there is such a variety on this that you won't get bored. I understand how people can think it's a miracle diet and not believe how you can eat all this and still lose. The thing I find hardest is sugar in my tea. I loveeee really sugary tea and sweetener just isn't the same. But using my syns on sugary tea would be Insane. Same with using oil. Frylight can be such a inconvenience sometimes! It's all about tweaking little things. Not using full fat salad dressings. Switching to diet coke etc how much are you planning on losing this time? Xx

Absoltely! I am quite lucky as i dont have much of a sweet tooth, its my stodgy takeaway im missing.

Im aiming for about a stone and a half so i will be bottom end of ten stone, a little lighter then when i got married. It creeped back on!! Its not a lot and people think im fine but you know in your own skin when you need to loose a bit x

Absoltely! I am quite lucky as i dont have much of a sweet tooth, its my stodgy takeaway im missing.

Im aiming for about a stone and a half so i will be bottom end of ten stone, a little lighter then when i got married. It creeped back on!! Its not a lot and people think im fine but you know in your own skin when you need to loose a bit x

Yeah exactly.I've learnt you have to just do what suits you. I get told if I've gained weight and I get the "don't lose anymore you'll look skeletal" when I lose it so you can't win. Have you started a diary on here? They really help keep you on track! Stone and half isn't much but I find it's always the hardest to lose the closer to target that you get! Xx

Yeah exactly.I've learnt you have to just do what suits you. I get told if I've gained weight and I get the "don't lose anymore you'll look skeletal" when I lose it so you can't win. Have you started a diary on here? They really help keep you on track! Stone and half isn't much but I find it's always the hardest to lose the closer to target that you get! Xx

I get that...its really irratating lol :)

No i havnt but will look into it...i looked when on my phone and couldnt figure it out.

Its my mother who says...ohhh youve put on some weight...everyone else who says i look the same...cant win :)

Hi, if you normally eat a lot and some of that is bad for you then surely the fruit will be better, just try to cut portions a bit and eat slowly. Or have an afternoon break where you eat some of the fruit. You will get the hang of it ...having all the books helps

Faye Cheshire

PS good luck:D

Hello! I just replied on my diary too, how are oyu finding things?

I have had the exact same thoughts re; calories. My losses as you can probably see have been a bit all over the place and although yes, I am losing - it's just soooo slow!! I am following the plan 100% (this week have been on holiday so had a few more treats - as in meals out, but I still made good choices)

My SW consultant doesn't have much of a clue about Type 1 either - they seem to have more knowledge of Type 2, because I guess more overweight people with Type 2 might use SW more?

It's just tiring isn't it at times, counting carbs & having to adjust insulin down....as I lose I have more hypos which results in having more syns (hypo treatments) and it annoys me!! I know overall I have still lost over the 6 weeks but I have a holiday in July I really wanted a big chunk of weight to go for - still just over 2 stone to go which sounds so easy but it's taking ages & I'm losing faith a little.

I think your food diary looks fine. When I started I would eat more than that! SW works, for me, because it takes the pressure out of 'dieting'... we are all creatures of stresses, influences, tensions and forces. The first few months of any deliberate change in your eating naturally results in thinking about food a lot. Soon, healthier choices become a habit... but in the meantime you may fid yourself eating more than usual.

The thing that is important to remember is that you are not eating the calories as fat, sugar, etc... and while you are eating all of that lovely fruit, you are NOT wrapping your chops around a biscuit.

Graze away. Things will settle down. Stick to the plan, try to ignore the caloroies (which, after all, don't take into account your metabolism, activity level, etc. I bet you show a loss this week. Good luck!

I completely understand your concerns - I had exactly the same ones when I started - but, as long as you're happy with what you're eating and your nurse/ doctor isn't concerned it'll be bad for your diabetes, then you really don't have anything to worry about.

On a slightly non-SW note, I would say do try to eat some green veg (I was going to suggest peas with your Ham, Egg & Chips, but broccoli would be much better) every day, even if it's only 1 portion. There are all kinds of health benefits to green veg that you just don't get in fruit, and I find the weeks when I eat lots of veg I lose loads more than the weeks I don't, even if I've been following the plan 100% otherwise. That could just be me, though, of course!

Anyway, sorry, now's really not the time to worry about that, just carry on with SW in a way that works for you, and you'll see the results, we promise!

Good luck :)

Hi hayboo how did your first weigh in go? I'm similar to you in that I'm really concerned that my cal intake is so high as i've cal counted the last 18 months on 13-1400 cals but I'm trying to ignore my cals which today due to fruit & veg was over 2000 cals

I had a banana with my fruit and fibre and skimmed milk at brekkie (healthy a and b)

Lunch jacket with beans, followed by a fat free yog and bowl of fruit (mango, pineapple, melon, grapes)

Dinner, ham,egg and syn free chips with grilled mushrooms and followed by (kiwi, grapes, passionfruit and mango)

All that adds up to 2100 cals whereas when i was on the calorie counting i tried not to eat over 1500 so this seems like a real huge jump but im following the plan on EE.

Ive been told off for calorie counting but it doesnt make sense to me. I dont usually have two lots of potato in a day so its not as usually as high. I dont understand though how the plan stating you can eat free and superfree whenever, works?? That is however how its worded 'no limits'

You are right, you will not lose weight if you are eating too many calories, no matter what plan. However, 2100 calories is a *lot* to eat while following EE.

My guess on your calories as listed above
breakfast 350 cals
lunch 400 cals
dinner 700 cals

I might be wrong a little bit here and there, but that doesnt sound anything like 2100 calories.

You are right, you will not lose weight if you are eating too many calories, no matter what plan. However, 2100 calories is a *lot* to eat while following EE.

My guess on your calories as listed above
breakfast 350 cals
lunch 400 cals
dinner 700 cals

I might be wrong a little bit here and there, but that doesnt sound anything like 2100 calories.

Excellent point Gazter, I agree, the food in your food diary doesn't look like it adds up to anywhere near 2100 calories to me either, Hayboo. How did you calculate that figure? Perhaps we're missing something, but, if not, that might be enough to explain why you'll definitely be losing weight this week (and you will!)

Let us know how you're getting on!

Abi x

I am not an expert but I think the idea of sw is that we eat the basic things that means that plain potatoes are ok because they are not loaded with extra cals from butter etc. Also salad veg and fruit isn't as bad as having chocolate and cake etc.

just counting calories can lead to maybe eating 2 chocolate eclairs and not having the correct nutrients the body needs. So by doing slimming world you are encouraged to eat better food for the body and it is full of iron and good vitamins

Faye

I am not an expert but I think the idea of sw is that we eat the basic things that means that plain potatoes are ok because they are not loaded with extra cals from butter etc. Also salad veg and fruit isn't as bad as having chocolate and cake etc.

just counting calories can lead to maybe eating 2 chocolate eclairs and not having the correct nutrients the body needs. So by doing slimming world you are encouraged to eat better food for the body and it is full of iron and good vitamins

Faye

i think that hits the nail right on the head. If i jumped from my bad eating to calorie counting, i would have just eaten the same foods, but less of them. The result would have been me not lasting very long.

SW has shown me how to prepare your foods in a way that still allows you to eat lots. You cut down on the fat and sugar, but maintain the volume.

I find when calorie counting, i do tend to eat a lot more rubbish, i hardly eat fruit and a lot less salad/veg.
I'd find myself reaching for a bag of crisp for 150cals, rather than, say a couple of pieces of fruit.
I know im safe in the knowledge of eating so much healthier on sw, and filling up on all the healthy stuff x

Back