WeMitts doing JUDDD diet

westhills

I STILL mean it!
Thought I'd start a thread for WeMitts who are doing this diet - might join you myself. Tell us all about it, and keep us informed about how you are getting on.
Johnson Upday Downday Diet
Ann

I'm a wemitt on the JUDDD diet ... just completed my first week with a 3lb loss. V Happy about that :D

As one of the very first guinea pigs (along with the lovely Barb), it was a bit nerve wracking dong the 'eating' thing but it looks like it might be a plan I can live with. Looking forward to the week ahead :)

My understanding is that you alternate "down" days, when you have 500 cals or so, with "up" days when you eat normally. Several people on Minimins are doing it, and there is a forum under the "other diets" section. I am always on the look out for helpful things for WeMitts - and I think this is potentially very helpful indeed.
Here is the link Johnson Upday Downday Diet
Ann x

As Debbie said I am on the JUDDD, I am finding it easy and enjoyable and can honestly say I have never felt this calm about food.
Debbie and I were both in about the same place as far as dieting goes - sick to the back teeth of it but miserably unhappy with our weight. Then along came JUDDD. It is so do-able, it makes sense and I feel it is healthy.
My first week has shown a 4lb loss, which I am absolutely thrilled with. If I can keep up a steady 2lb a week I will be very happy indeed and approaching my ideal in time for Christmas!

Been reading the JuDDDDDDDDer threads with interest.
I notice the no of d's varies

semsto me tha it might have serious maintainance applications.
i know nither Barb Or R-d are quite there yet,but has anyone any knowledge of it being used this way, either as a weaning step or more permanently??

ps I don't think Im a WeMITT I'm more of a

I B****y W***MITT

Re long term maintenance on a plan like JUDDD ...

I mentioned on my diary thread that I've noticed most 'naturally' slim people I know seem to eat this way without even realising it. They have days when they definitely eat more and then seem to just eat less for a day or so. It's not a conscious decision - they just 'do it'.

My 11 year old daughter is like this ... she's slim like her dad (and all his family) and we never talk 'diet' to her although she knows I'm trying to get healthy by losing weight. (Of course, I really just want to look nice in a pair of size 12/14 jeans but I don't tell her that! ;))

Sophie eats like a horse for days: I sometimes wonder where she puts all that food in her little body then suddenly, she'll have days when she eats like a sparrow. I've never forced the issue - she's fit and healthy so I don't make her finish her meals etc: she eats what she wants and no more.

I believe this is the natural way for humans to eat ... I don't think we were designed to have the same number of allotted calories every day: after all, we don't USE the same number of calories every day. We may live in the 21st century, but biologically, our bodies haven't changed all that much since the Bronze age - and we certainly didn't 'allot our calorie intakes to match our BMRs' back then!

So I'd say that eating JUDDD style - but raising the cals on a DD - would be an ideal way of maintaining. I intend to try it anyway. :)

On the Juddd website they suggest 1000-1200 on a DD when maintaining and your normal requirement on an UD. That sounds pretty sensible to me and extremely do-able. I agree about people who are slim varying their cals and could i just mention that Yorkshire Terriers do it too! Seriously, my little Ozzie has days when he eats next to nothing and days when he follows me round asking for food. he is exactly the weight he should be and I now don't worry too much as I knwo he regulates what he needs depending on how much exercise he has done! See even dogs can Juddder!

All animals do when you think about it Barb - lions in Africa make a kill, eat their fill and might not have a kill again for a day or so.
But we are just animals too after all and are biologically designed the same .... only we invented the car and MacDonalds! ;)

My Ozzie will be well chuffed at being compared to a lion, he looks a bit like one actually!

My little Pepper looks like something the lion would chase!

Is Pepper a little dog?

Yep - she's a Cavalier King Charles spaniel / miniature German Schnauzer cross :eek: A bit bigger than Ozzie ... about the size of a cat. Cute as anything! :)

I mentioned on my diary thread that I've noticed most 'naturally' slim people I know seem to eat this way without even realising it. They have days when they definitely eat more and then seem to just eat less for a day or so. It's not a conscious decision - they just 'do it'.

That's very true. In fact, I reckon I do this now. Have big days and small days. The difference is they (or should I say 'we':eek:) do this naturally and that's important to remember.

The question is do you want to count calories (even if it's only every other day) for the rest of your life...or do you want to be one of those slim people?

I'm sure I never thought for one moment that I could ever have the mindset of a slim person...but it seems to be happening.

I can see no reason why there can be any problem with doing the Juddd maintenance plan for x amount of months while you get your head around how you want to spend the rest of your life, but to be honest, I wouldn't want to do it forever.

Okay, so I'm sure Barb is thinking "yes...but what about the benefits of sirt1??";)

Indeed. It may be a healthy way to go, but I guess you have to ask yourself, if you were that naturally slim person, would you chose doing this plan and counting calories eternally 3-4 days a week just to get sirt1 in action and risk turning off your natural signals for food?

Maybe you would, but I think the majority wouldn't.

It's still early days for you juddderers;) Everything is hopeful and still has a novelty factor. It may well be there in a years time, but maybe there will come a time when you bore of it and just want to be normal?

Set your expectations low and believe that you will never get off the dieting treadmill, and you probably never will.

Having said that, I think Judddering in maintenance is a great backup plan;)

I hear what you're saying Karion and I wholeheartedly agree. I never was one for counting cals / points / syns etc etc ON a diet - let alone OFF one! This is why I think firstly CD and then JUDDD is working for me.

On my DDs I'm on three CD packs - no counting. And on UDs I'm being 'aware' and trying to get a feel for what is a *big* day and what isn't. Hopefully, by the time I get to maintenance, I'll be a lot more in tune with my body and will just allow it to slot into the natural rhythm of a compensatory eating pattern. :)

I am sure that over time there will be a relaxing of cal counting and a natural awareness of Ud's and Dd's without actual counting. As for the SIRT1, you are right Karion, that is a big issue for me, as yet i don't know what the benefits are so can't really judge how important it will be for me. If it does make a big difference to my allergies/asthma then yes, I would cal count for life, anything would be better than getting so short of breath and ending up on massive doses of steroids. I have had several close calls with asthma and actually been resucitated once, so to keep it at bay would be wonderful, for me and my family.

Hopefully, by the time I get to maintenance, I'll be a lot more in tune with my body and will just allow it to slot into the natural rhythm of a compensatory eating pattern. :)

:cool: Which is pretty much how I got to my present state. Okay, I didn't Juddd, but I did calorie count whilst being aware and working on getting that natural rhythm.

Had I known about Judddering 2 years ago, I reckon I would probably would have done that instead. I just get a bit concerned about people thinking there was no other way to maintain than to Juddder for life.

If it does make a big difference to my allergies/asthma then yes, I would cal count for life, anything would be better than getting so short of breath and ending up on massive doses of steroids. I have had several close calls with asthma and actually been resucitated once, so to keep it at bay would be wonderful, for me and my family.

And that would be a good reason to stick with it. In fact, it was whilst I was trying to find help for my asthma and general bronchial troubles that I found out about Juddd in the first place.

I just LOVE that little Mantra at the end of your post, Karion. It's SO true, and it's something I need to keep remindind myself about, every day, being a bit of a "Mrs Instant" like most women.
I stuck to SS yesterday, and have decided to stick with it, and use JUDD for maintenance. I just want this weight I have put on GONE (here's Mrs Instant again) Of course I feel like **** today, but I know it will pass. Really looking forward to doing JUDD in 2 or 3 weeks. It makes perfect sense to me, and is the most exciting thing I've heard about in the "diet world" in a long time.
Ann xxx

My 11 year old daughter is like this ... she's slim like her dad (and all his family) and we never talk 'diet' to her although she knows I'm trying to get healthy by losing weight. (Of course, I really just want to look nice in a pair of size 12/14 jeans but I don't tell her that! ;))

Sophie eats like a horse for days: I sometimes wonder where she puts all that food in her little body then suddenly, she'll have days when she eats like a sparrow. I've never forced the issue - she's fit and healthy so I don't make her finish her meals etc: she eats what she wants and no more.

I believe this is the natural way for humans to eat ... I don't think we were designed to have the same number of allotted calories every day: after all, we don't USE the same number of calories every day. We may live in the 21st century, but biologically, our bodies haven't changed all that much since the Bronze age - and we certainly didn't 'allot our calorie intakes to match our BMRs' back then!

So I'd say that eating JUDDD style - but raising the cals on a DD - would be an ideal way of maintaining. I intend to try it anyway. :)

Hi Debbie,

I find it very interesting the way your daughter eats as this is more or less the way I ate before getting married and for some years afterward. My weight stayed around 105 to 112lbs.

My husband on the other hand ate small amounts but more often and he was also skinny.

Some where in between our eating patterns crossed over and the end result was weight on for both of us. He has now lost his weight and gone back to his old eating pattern and is maintaining his weight and feels much healthier.

He now acknowledges that the way I use to eat obviously suited me but at the time he did have serious issues about it.

I am very interest to see how you all get on as I do feel this way of eating is my own natural state but just now don't feel confindent enough to try it until I shift some of this excess.

Wishing all the Juddders success.:)

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini - always good to have your support. This plan certainly seems to have casued some interest which is great. I am really enjoying it and feel I have found a plan I could stick with forever. Now that is a FIRST!!

Love

Back