Went for a hike

yyx99

Hi guys,

thought that I would do something today that i thought I would never do, considering my weight and that.

my DW suggested that we traverse our local hill. known as Brent Knoll. some might know it some will not. it lives in somerset and my god its a bl@|dy hard walk. now I know its no snowden but you have to start somewhere. it is 436 feet above sea level and took about 20 mins hard walking to get to the top. will add some pics later to my album for those that want to look.

Was very Proud of myself for doing it and will be planning further jounts to over places on the back of this.

well done ... feels so good to do things you would not have considered before the weight loss ! - looking forward to seeing the photos !
here's to many more walks / hikes ! well done you and your wife !

Awesome!!! Sometimes it's so good to physically accomplish something that once before was hindered because of weight. It's a real buzzy feeling when you get to the top!

Keep it up :p

Glad you had a good hike. One of the reasons I started CD was my last trip to the Lake District where I huffed, puffed and sweated my way up and down a fell...not to mention heaving myself over numerous dry stone walls!! I am looking forward to going again with a lighter fitter bod. Enjoy your future climbs. Best wishes.

Great job yyx99!! It feels great to be able to do things simply because we drop the weight. I have a bit more to go but certainly feel so much more energetic and can now even run and play with the kids.

Hi

I went for a walk up my local hill (Kilvey Hill in Swansea) yesterday evening too! It nearly killed me but the view at the top - over Swansea Bay - was just amazing! I hadn't walked there since I was a kid and I forgot how absolutely gorgeous it was. My O/H and my dog loved it too!!

It was a good feeling when I got to the top (all 633ft of it!)

Lx

Wow, worth the effort for that wonderful view!

Well done, stunning area. Load of us went camping on Exmoor last weekend, got drenched but must of walked 20 miles, gave me an excuse for the scrumpy :)

Back