1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Went for a hike

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by yyx99, 11 June 2009 Social URL.

1. yyx99

yyx99 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

thought that I would do something today that i thought I would never do, considering my weight and that.

my DW suggested that we traverse our local hill. known as Brent Knoll. some might know it some will not. it lives in somerset and my god its a bl@|dy hard walk. now I know its no snowden but you have to start somewhere. it is 436 feet above sea level and took about 20 mins hard walking to get to the top. will add some pics later to my album for those that want to look.

Was very Proud of myself for doing it and will be planning further jounts to over places on the back of this.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. wannabesize10

wannabesize10 Well-Known Member

well done ... feels so good to do things you would not have considered before the weight loss ! - looking forward to seeing the photos !
    here's to many more walks / hikes ! well done you and your wife !

4. hannahbanana

hannahbanana Well-Known Member

Awesome!!! Sometimes it's so good to physically accomplish something that once before was hindered because of weight. It's a real buzzy feeling when you get to the top!

Keep it up :p

5. imagisal

imagisal Well-Known Member

Glad you had a good hike. One of the reasons I started CD was my last trip to the Lake District where I huffed, puffed and sweated my way up and down a fell...not to mention heaving myself over numerous dry stone walls!! I am looking forward to going again with a lighter fitter bod. Enjoy your future climbs. Best wishes.

6. wellandgood

wellandgood Well-Known Member

Great job yyx99!! It feels great to be able to do things simply because we drop the weight. I have a bit more to go but certainly feel so much more energetic and can now even run and play with the kids.

7. LV30

LV30 Well-Known Member

Hi

I went for a walk up my local hill (Kilvey Hill in Swansea) yesterday evening too! It nearly killed me but the view at the top - over Swansea Bay - was just amazing! I hadn't walked there since I was a kid and I forgot how absolutely gorgeous it was. My O/H and my dog loved it too!!

It was a good feeling when I got to the top (all 633ft of it!)

Lx

8. yyx99

yyx99 Well-Known Member

heres some pics I took with my camera from the top
    P110609_13.13[01].jpg

P110609_13.13.jpg

P110609_13.14.jpg

P110609_13.14[01].jpg

P110609_13.17.jpg

9. imagisal

imagisal Well-Known Member

Wow, worth the effort for that wonderful view!

10. badger1980

badger1980 Well-Known Member

Well done, stunning area. Load of us went camping on Exmoor last weekend, got drenched but must of walked 20 miles, gave me an excuse for the scrumpy :)

11. Purple_Star

Purple_Star Well-Known Member

Well done!!! And looks lik eit was well worth the effort - lovely place!!