• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Went out on my bike today...

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
How much did you do? It's good to start slowly and work up, not that I tend to do that! I tend to get carried away!

JestersTear

Cute, but psycho!
I have to admit that I don;t know how far I went, but I didn't think it was far enough to feel like that. About half way round I was starting to feel it, so that by the time I got home I was knackered lol
I could do with a pedometer for the bike lol or, I might just drive the route tomorrow and see how far it was.
Like I say, though, I didn't think it was very far and unfortunely I didn't pay attention to what time I went out either so I don;t know how long I took - I am useless lol

Hi

If your are serious about cyccling to et fit and lose a bit of weight then a odometer is a must, they are reasobale and you can pick them upin most cycle shops , or on line. They are very very easy to fit and they are such a boost to your routine. Its great to add up your miles over a week, you can set them to show burnt calories even.

keep up the good work, but word of warning gentle at first and build up. There is always a start with good intention with alot of people who get on a bike to get fit,!!! but a million reason not to get the bike out the shed or garage after overdoing it for the first week or so.

Phil xx

Hi Jesterstears, there is a great site called mapmyrun.com. You map out where you have been and it measures the distance. It is also a great planning tool as it gives you the elevation between two points.

Beki

Gold Member
Thanks for that skinny fi! :) I had my first bike ride for about 2 years today :eek: and i thought i'd gone miles... it took me about half an hour and i just worked it out to be only 1.28 miles :eek:

oh dear! must do better! lol

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
OH has agreed that we need to get bikes! Luckily it's very flat round here!

Thanks for that skinny fi! :) I had my first bike ride for about 2 years today :eek: and i thought i'd gone miles... it took me about half an hour and i just worked it out to be only 1.28 miles :eek:

oh dear! must do better! lol
Bizarrly i just mapped my walk and that was 1.28 miles as well lol. I thought it was 1.5 so been under estimating there!

JestersTear

Cute, but psycho!
Stretch?? I didn't do any stretching, but then I wasn't going going at a major pace either I didn't think.
Went round the same trip today, and STILL didn't remember to make a note of what time I'd left so I still don't know how long it takes me to do that 2 miles *sigh*