We're Leaving :( CD Here we come

MelKoo18

:wave_cry:
We can not do this anymore . we have discovered that we can not put up with the shakes the flapjacks or the soup , well the soup and chocolate arnt bad!
We are moving on to the cambridge diet next wednesday ! cant wait for some bloody variety to our diet!
its a shame to leave you all but will still keep in touch!
Good luck to everyone and there weight loss
Kirsty & Mel
xxxx

I'm genuinely amazed by the amount of people jumping to CD.....cya on those boards next week :) I'm meeting my new CDC tonight, can't wait to switch :D

It does seem very fashionable to switch to CD at the moment. I think it's horses for courses. There's definitely more variety on CD and the different stages mean that the refeeding and getting back to regular food is more organised than LT.
BUT.....
The blandness of LT is deliberate and for some of us very useful and helpful. We're not supposed to look forward to shakes etc. and we're not supposed to have lots of choice. The point is that we stop obsessing about feeding ourselves, so if that is part of our problem I believe that LT will have more chance of long term success than CD. On the other hand, if people can't stick at LT, but can stick CD then obviously that choice is better for them.

Weight loss is a very personal thing, and fortunately there's lots of diets suitable for lots of different people.

Me though, I'll never be able to thank Lipotrim and the support of this forum enough.

Jon
xx

Hi Dunlop!
I am definetely with you on this one. I find myself becoming resigned to the LT shakes and i love not feeling dependent on them as you do have to remember to take them at times. In this way, I have stopped obsessing about food and enjoy the routine in a weird kind of way.

I know that when I consume my shakes, i am not putting on weight or stuffing myself with them so I dont have the stress of choice or too much shake (god forbid lol!!)

The flapjacks are vile because they are like carpet and are supposed to make you very thirsty in order for you to drink more and therefore be really full and also have a good level of water consumption.

You should see LT as medicine for your body just to keep it alive until you take the time to really think about healthy food and how you are going to eat when you finish LT.

At the end of the day, regardless of re-feed and preparation to eat healthily, if you're going to fall off the wagon, you will either way!!

I fell off the wagon as I went to Nigeria and there was'nt a salad or anything boiled or poached in sight so everything that I put into my mouth was either fried, a meat pie or a doughnut!!. When I got home after three weeks, I went mad altogether and regained 3 stone in a year!!!. Im not going back to that depression again!!!

switching to CD does seem to be a bit of a craze atm, I agree with you Dunlop, and I kinda feel like if you're going to fail at LT, with it's total simplicity, especially after only a few days, then I think even the CD might not be the diet for you because they aren't a million miles away from each other

I understand CD gives you a tiny bit more flexibility, but they are both very similar in terms of what you're eating

if you find also find CD to be not of your liking, Slimming World is a good diet which I've followed before and thoroughly enjoyed it and I'll definitely be following it once I've finished LT :)

is slimming world easy to follow? as im thinking about food plans i can follow oncw finishing lt so i dont pile the wieght back on?

I've been LT to CD to LT, i LOVED the banana tetra and found myself with 21 of them a week. i just didn't think it was restricted enough for me, it was sweet and tasty and i craved the next one too much and probably could have easily had 5.

It does seem very fashionable to switch to CD at the moment. I think it's horses for courses. There's definitely more variety on CD and the different stages mean that the refeeding and getting back to regular food is more organised than LT.
BUT.....
The blandness of LT is deliberate and for some of us very useful and helpful. We're not supposed to look forward to shakes etc. and we're not supposed to have lots of choice. The point is that we stop obsessing about feeding ourselves, so if that is part of our problem I believe that LT will have more chance of long term success than CD. On the other hand, if people can't stick at LT, but can stick CD then obviously that choice is better for them.

Weight loss is a very personal thing, and fortunately there's lots of diets suitable for lots of different people.

Me though, I'll never be able to thank Lipotrim and the support of this forum enough.

Jon
xx

nicely said totally agree:D

I've been LT to CD to LT, i LOVED the banana tetra and found myself with 21 of them a week. i just didn't think it was restricted enough for me, it was sweet and tasty and i craved the next one too much and probably could have easily had 5.

I agree - thats a reason I struggled with exante (never tried CD) - it was too much like real food and tasted lovely (well, in the main!). I'm gonna stick with LT all the way - bland and boring is good for me.

Jon, matt, binge eater I agree with you all. xx But if one diet suited everyone, there wouldn't be a multibillion pound industry out there !!!

I've been on LT for 4 weeks and while it's a great diet it doesn't suit my lifestyle. I'm out all day and it's a royal pain bringing the shaker and sachets with you and mixing them in public. I also like the idea of a bit more variety on CD. I only have 2 more stone to lose and I'll be doing it on total food replacement CD, still TFR but just a different version

Best of luck with LT guys! I'd still be on it but it just doesn't fit my schedule :D

Back