Were you always "big"??

thistime08

Lipo Lover
Or Fat, whatever is most PC. Was just scanning through some of the posts I missed over the weekend and came across the Fat Gene one and just wondered how many of us have always been prone to weight gain or is it something that kicked in at a certain age or following having babies etc. Personally I was always "Big boned" and had "eatin' and drinkin" on me, in fact I am at my lightest now than I have been since I was about 13 or 14. So what about the rest of you?? Do you think it is easier to lose weight if you can remember what its like to be slim??

Can't remember a time when I was not bigger than all my friends - even at school!! Lightest i have been in adult life as a 6ft bloke is 14 and a half stone - did that through 18 months of tortuous dieting about 12 years ago and since then have been on a steady incline. Had the excuse that I needed it as I progressed in my rugby career to be able to compete at the higher levels I was playing at - however now reached the age where I am too old (39) to stay at the level I want so felt it was time to do something good for my body before it was too late as I am keen to live as long as possible so want to look after what I have for the remainder. Still want to play and will still be "overweight" by BMI standards when I hit my own target but I will be right for me and the amount of muscle/build I am.

Started LT 3 weeks ago at 21 Stone and want to get to circa 15 (ish)!!

In the main though I have always been happy with what I am but just recently in a tougher work environment feel that it may hold me back in terms of promotion (how bad is that!) and for the first time ever I have a boss who has made some unfortunate remarks about my size that has also pushed me into the " I'll show him" mind frame and that is really driving me onwards!!!

I was average weight until about ten but I was always taller than the other girls in my class, so I was average for my height not my age!!!!.... then I started with the 'puppyfat' when I went to sencondary school.... I can remember a humiliating school nurse weigh in and I was 11 stone 2lb aged 12!!!!:eek: I then lost weight a bit and can remeber being a 12/14 dress size at 15/16 through till 18ish then I yoyo-ed till I reached 17 stone and size 20/22 at 28 years old, lost over 3 stone at SW, got unexpectedly pregnant after three years of trying and being told it would never happen and basically never lost the baby weight, had another child, lost weight, put weight on comfort eating when my son was diagnosed with his Special Needs, and then just didn't stop cause I was big anyway....and then I found LT!

Having had two c-sections hasn't helped, hence the BellyFlop tag!

I was always tall and broad. Compared to the other girls i felt fat. However i didn't stop growing until i was 21 where most girls stop at 18. I wasn't fat but if i stood beside someone normal it made me look huge. I have always carried weight well. It was after i had my last 2 children that my body changed big time.
But now im feeling and looking good again .... in my own mind anyways.

Week 1 -12 15st 4lb
Week 2 - 6 14st 12lb
Week 3 - 7 14st 4lb
Week 4 - 7 13st 12lb
Week 5 - 4 13st 8lb
Week 6 - 6 13st 2lb
Week 7 -5 12st 11lb
Week 8 -4 12st 7lb

hi , i used to be really slinky size 8 till i was 16. Then fell in love for the first time started on the pill and down hill from there x

Yep, I blame the pill abit too!:D

I was an average child up untill the age of 8 then had my adinoids out and we moved house had no friends started a new school hated it all so stayed in all the time(i was out playin all the time b4 we moved) and ate just spireled from then on heaviest ive been 15st 7lb lightest 10st12lb but that was when i thought i was in love but wasnt !!!!!!

My story somewhat mirrors that of Markodie. I have peaked at around 25 stone though. I was chubby as a child - everyone said I'd lose the 'puppy fat' but once I went to Uni I became a beer monster and bulked up tremendously. I was always quite fit for a fatty and played hockey at a reasonably competitive level but a I've got older I felt less comfortable in my body. Furthermore, I also think that being lardy adversely effects my promotion prospects. The society we live in is institutional fattest! I'm convinced that I have lost out on promotions because of my shape! Anyay, I'm now down by over 3 stone and will soon be below the psycological 20 stone mark. From there I hope to settle at around 15 stone.

I used to be underweight until I started driving, biking etc. At 21 I was this height (5' 6") and weighed 7st 7lb - now I'm 45, the same height and weigh 18st 3lb (or I did last saturday before starting my diet) - my goal is 9st 10lb (BMI=22.5) - here's hoping!!!

i was size 10-12 then when i got pregnant i took eating for 2 quite literally then went on to get pregnant again a year later so didnt really have time to lose much weight after my 2nd child i managed to lose a bit but guess what got preggers again after my 3rd not only did we get a tv lol but i started the contraceptive inj and i just seemed to put weight on so i stopped that after about 18 months lost a bit then decided to try LT which is fantastic xx

I have struggled all my life, I started at 7lb 3 and I have just piled it on ;-p

I was about a size 12 through most of my teens, met my future hubby at 18 and struggled from then on, lost about 3 stone for our wedding and then steadily gained after that. Hovered around the 13 stone mark until the last few years when it started to increase.

Gx

I have always been big , the first time i actually took note of my size was when i was 16 i was a size 16 , at 18 i was an 18. now 28 bottom 22/24 top. i have 3 sisters all size 8 !!

I've become this size over the last 10 years - mainly through over indulgence..

I've always been big shouldered / chest / arms but it was firm n not fat :(

I say it's karma for me being a ******* when I was young & teasing my sister about being fat (she's always battled against it but has REALLY trimmed down the past 2 years - using WW).

I have always been big.... must have been about 7 or 8 when I started putting it on.... then from the age of 12 i noticed that my weight started to match my age... heaviest ive been is 21st8lbs and that was last march..... I have never experienced being slim so dont know what its like.... as i am tall and broad... even tho i still weigh quite a bit now... i can really start to feel the slimmer me which is motivating me even more!

Last time i ever rember being slim prob bout 10, then the puppy fat came,, at 16.17 was size 16 then 18 had my first child:eek: size 18,, next child hhmm size 20 then next one again size 22 ,,, creeped up to poss 22/24 maybe lil bit more after i gave up smoking bout 12 weeks ago, its not nice when u are active as i was ,, never lost weight just stayed same ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, worse part was being told i was to heavy to jump up on the horse i looked after, so since then i realy dunno what happened......... so i just remeber being FAT FAT FAT lol good ey :wave_cry:

always battled with the buldge...

Or Fat, whatever is most PC. Was just scanning through some of the posts I missed over the weekend and came across the Fat Gene one and just wondered how many of us have always been prone to weight gain or is it something that kicked in at a certain age or following having babies etc. Personally I was always "Big boned" and had "eatin' and drinkin" on me, in fact I am at my lightest now than I have been since I was about 13 or 14. So what about the rest of you?? Do you think it is easier to lose weight if you can remember what its like to be slim??

I have always struggled with my weight. Its been a real nightmare. My problem is I put weight on when I overeat - and I overeat a lot. I have lost weight several times in my life - by being very strict and disciplined... then i just go crazy and eat chip and gravies every hour and then im fat again. I have never been this size before and I can honestly say that I have never felt so bad about my appearance, I started to feel really low, and I really dont want to feel like that again... so this time... is for good.... thats a promise I have made to myself.

My story somewhat mirrors that of Markodie. I have peaked at around 25 stone though. I was chubby as a child - everyone said I'd lose the 'puppy fat' but once I went to Uni I became a beer monster and bulked up tremendously. I was always quite fit for a fatty and played hockey at a reasonably competitive level but a I've got older I felt less comfortable in my body. Furthermore, I also think that being lardy adversely effects my promotion prospects. The society we live in is institutional fattest! I'm convinced that I have lost out on promotions because of my shape! Anyay, I'm now down by over 3 stone and will soon be below the psycological 20 stone mark. From there I hope to settle at around 15 stone.

Hey, I hope u loose your weight and get the promotion you deserve! I think that you could be right - being overweight definitely effects what many people think. To loose weight and maintain it demonstrates sooo many quality characteristics... discipline, self motivation, organisation, determination, self respect, and many many more.... everyone will see these virtues in you and this can only help you with your promotion! Good luck! x

I have struggled all my life, I started at 7lb 3 and I have just piled it on ;-p

Your always so funny... lol SMART ASS
x

PS THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I EVER DID ONE OF THESE MULT QUOTE THING MESSAGES - PRETTY COOL EH! :)

lol, still dont know how to do that xx

Ive always been big,when i was 3 i was wearing my sisters clothes aged 5 so my mum said,throughout primary school i was the only one with boobs and i also started my period aged 9!!!!yep NINE!It was so embarrising,i was getting ready to go to swimming class at school and went to the loo before and didnt know what to do,i couldnt tell my friends so i sat in the loo knowing the teatcher would find me once i was too long.She didnt know what to say bless her thinking back i bet it was horrifing for her lol and for me.Then at big school i was the biggest girl there,i got bullied by older girls and at 15 i joined WW with my aunt.I was a size 22,within 1 year i was a size 12.That lasted till i got a car lol i got lazy(still can be)and in 2001 i crept upto a 20 again then i moved in with my current bf and it went upto a 26 lol im now down to a 22 and ill never go back up again.

xxx

always been overweight but not as big as i am now, going through school i was skinny as hell put weight on when i stopped playing football and started drinking!

Back