What a find!

claireLLT

Hi everyone, I am about to start Lighter Life again tomorrow after doing it twice with great success (apart from putting some weight back on!!:(). Well I was Looking through the forums last night and found a thread in the Lighter Life forum mentioning slim and save, the reason I have done lighter life is because of the meal options like sheperds pie/chilli etc as I find them more satisfying than milk shake and soup. The slim and save products look as good if not better than lighter life but at less than half the price! woo hoo can't believe it! :D
I have a weeks worth of Lighter life products so have ordered some slim and save samples and then will swap over. It would be good to hear of peoples experiences of this diet and get to know a few folk. Claire xx

Welcome Claire. I think quite a few people have come to S&S because of the variety and price.

I'm currently on my first week and so far so good. There's a few people on here who have been doing it a while and got good results.

Hi Claire, I think LL is a good option if you need the CBT that you get from your LL counsellor but if you can manage on your own, or don't want that kind of approach then S&S is a good, less expensive option, and since I live out in the sticks I find the ability to order online without actually having to travel anywhere a big bonus.

Hi thanks for the replies, Hope your first week is going ok Cherry-blossom, I always find the first few days hard but seeing the results is just amazing I need to loose at least three stone so will hopefully do that by the end of April. Hi BordersGirl I think it was one of your messages that I saw about this diet in the first place, I don't think the CBT with lighter life works for me or else I wouldn't keep putting weight back on? in fact it's now at the stage where I go and just buy the products without staying for the meetings, so no point really. I am also live in the sticks so have to make a 70 mile trip to get my goodies, I'm near the borders where abouts are you? Claire x

I'm south of Dunbar, on the east coast and just in the Borders, although I'm originally from daan saaf (London then Kent). Moved up here for work. Whereabouts are you?

A friend at work is doing LL and has done really well but I think she's got bored with the sessions as she seems to just pop in, get weighed and leave now. Seems like a waste of £40 to me as it's what you pay the extra for. She also pays the same if she has less products which seems strange to me. I think all of the people she started with have left and so it's a case of going over the same stuff she's heard before with the newbies.

You get new people joining this forum all the time and it's quite busy (for a small forum) at the moment, just after New Year but some have been around from the start and others will be around for several more months as they find the diet works for them. And some people will find that it's just not for them. Quite a few people have come over from other VLCDs as the options and cost suits them better.

As I found when I did LT before the biggest challenge is not losing it, it's keeping it off afterwards. I need to do better at that this time around! I'm going to need to lose about 3 stone once I WI after my post Xmas break on Wed to restart. I hope to be done around April too.

welcome claire , most people seem pretty happy when they swap over , and tend to stay

I havnt seen any messages that suggest that it is harder or tastes bad so I assume it compares well to other plans , though this is the only vlcd ive done myself

I started off doing the shakes and gave up after 4 weeks then discovered the meals and find it much easier to stick to

so i just do the meals now and the 200g veg with my spag bol in the evening

good luck , keep us posted

I've seen some people say that they hate the taste when they swap but to be honest taste is such a personal thing who can tell if they're going to like it until they try. That's why S&S is such a good option as you can a. order samples, and b. choose exactly what products you want in whatever quantity. No being stuck with having to order x number of shakes and x number of soups for example to get the best deal. And if you can't select exactly what you want from the website a phone call soon sorts it. They seem to be really flexible with good customer care, which I guess is one of the benefits of it being a small company.

When I did lighter life originally in 2007 it was all shakes and soups with one bar a day after the first fortnight but I did it for 10 weeks and lost an amazing four stone, I did it again last year and lost two stone in 8 weeks and it is so much easier with meal packs, but as you said BordersGirl it's not loosing it but keeping it off! I think one of my main stumbling blocks is alchohol (not that I'm an alchoholic???) no seriously I have a very stressful job, a home and three kids to look after so I seem to slip back into my old ways of having a few drinks on a night time and then want to eat the entire contents of the cupboards! When I'm on lighter life the drink is cut out altogether. My plan is to loose the weight and then cut the food and drink to a minumum during the week and then enjoy the weekends. Borders girl I'm near alnwick which isn't far from the borders.

I went on the website tonight and spoke online to Bob he said that most of the products are made by the same company that make the lighter life ones and if that's true the chilli is really good. x

Ha Claire - that's my problem too - the alcohol! :). I maintained quite well when I low carbed during the week and only indulged in alcohol and carbs at the weekend. Then I did a job that required me to travel a lot and I was drinking every night in hotels and alcohol gives me the munchies for carbs (apart from being 'empty calories' too). So on the weight piled. I have quite a stressful job too and I'm the sort of person who has always enjoyed a glass of wine (or 3!) to unwind when I come home from work but I know that I really can't do that any longer if I'm to maintain my ideal weight (says she who is supping a nice glass of white (or 3!) as I'm on my Xmas break ;)). My maintenance plan involves including alcohol at weekends only because otherwise I know that my weight loss journey will be fruitless. This diet works for me because I abstain completely and I find that easier.

My morning train comes up from Newcastle and passes through Alnwick where it always seems to get delayed. No idea why that is!3

Only 3 glasses a night? lol (say no more Claire !)Everything gets delayed in Alnwick it's such a layed back place! so when are you starting again i'm starting tomorrow have had a miserable FAT christmas and am not doing that again.

I'm now looking forward to next Christmas and not piling my plate up as much as I always have and wolfing down loads of choccies. Decided my new mentality will be a small portion of the things I want. Not a super human one just because it's christmas!

Yes, but they are large glasses so 3 glasses = 1 bottle of wine and therein lies the problem ;).

I've had a FAT Christmas too off plan and feel disgustingly FAT. It's all relative though as although I feel disgustingly fat at the moment I'm still 3 stone less than when I started. The whole lot seems to have gone on my stomach tho! :( I hope that I can get all the Xmas weight off within 2 weeks because it will be beyond awful if I have to slog it out for longer than that, just to rid myself of my Xmas greed. Having a break for Xmas for me was worse than trying to maintain because I knew that it was a temporary break and I would be going back onto the diet so my head told me that it was OK to indulge with whatever I liked. So has the food been amazing? Well no actually. I enjoyed the taste and sensation of proper food for the first couple of days and after that it's just been a feed my face fest.

I'm restarting on Wed when I go back to work. We get an extra bank holiday up here at New Year for some reason. Looking forward to feeling slimmer again very soon .......

Yeah I too have just fed my fat face for about 10 days and you're right it doesn't really seem that good? I think the feeling that you are on the edge of bursting is just awful especially when the waistband on your trousers feels like it's about to cut your blood supply off!! I'm the same I feel fat as a pig just now but at my peak I've been 18 stone before (I was 9 months pregnant at the time) but even so way to far overweight. I have battled this all of my life, sometimes won but most of the time lost!! I'm 43 now so it's time to get it under control. Here's to a slim and sexy 2012

Yeah I too have just fed my fat face for about 10 days and you're right it doesn't really seem that good? I think the feeling that you are on the edge of bursting is just awful especially when the waistband on your trousers feels like it's about to cut your blood supply off!! I'm the same I feel fat as a pig just now but at my peak I've been 18 stone before (I was 9 months pregnant at the time) but even so way to far overweight. I have battled this all of my life, sometimes won but most of the time lost!! I'm 43 now so it's time to get it under control. Here's to a slim and sexy 2012

OMG thnk a few of us have something in common lol.....the few glasses of wine ( 3 big ones lol) in the evenings post work is what really knocked me off the wagon....I have a stressful job, 2 kids and hubby working shift work.....BUT gotta get in control in 2012 as don't want to be in XL clothes next Xmas or summer for that matter!!!!! Hugs guys....

Back