What a tragedy...

Wow, that is so sad :( I was told that 1 in 100 die (that means within one month of surgery). She was morbidly obese, but I think when it comes to gastric bypass, it is such major surgery that weight is not necessarily a big factor in death.

I feel so so sorry for the son and other family that is left behind :(

There are factors which can increase risks including weight in any surgery. I feel for the family left behind and for the mum who won't see her child grow through life.

Just really, really sad:(

Oh my gosh, what a heartbreaking story :(

just had a good owl whinge :(

Oh dear, how sad :( Aw, and that note to her son. How tragic :(

I was watching Fat Man Slim last night. Had this great guy, took a year out of work to get himself fit and healthy. Lost Xkg (think it was about 10 stone or something).

At the end it said he died of unrelated causes. Think it was a tumor.

I was so shocked. Kept thinking "he can't have...he just can't ....that's so unfair". Haven't been able to get it out of my mind today :(

Oh dear, how sad :( Aw, and that note to her son. How tragic :(

I was watching Fat Man Slim last night. Had this great guy, took a year out of work to get himself fit and healthy. Lost Xkg (think it was about 10 stone or something).

At the end it said he died of unrelated causes. Think it was a tumor.

I was so shocked. Kept thinking "he can't have...he just can't ....that's so unfair". Haven't been able to get it out of my mind today :(

I was exactly the same when I found that out :(. I taped the programme 3-4 years back when they first showed it and used to watch it now and again for inspiration - I Googled him a few months ago to find out what he was up to and welled up when I saw what had happened. Feel so sad for his wife :-(

I was exactly the same when I found that out :(. I taped the programme 3-4 years back when they first showed it and used to watch it now and again for inspiration - I Googled him a few months ago to find out what he was up to and welled up when I saw what had happened. Feel so sad for his wife :-(

i saw this a couple years ago and just couldnt believe that he'd died. he seemed like a really nice bloke and had done really well:sigh:

there is no NO NEED FOR ANY HOSPITAL
to have this any more

Teflex is a really cheap product that kills not only mould, but mrsa as well..

the woman could of brought up her own son, oh peed off now

Poor woman, and even worse for the kid really.

Back