What a waste...

messyfreckle

Had such a crappy day at work today. Run ragged. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, had to train up 3 new starters aaand do my own work and a colleagues work who is on leave.

Blaaah.

So guess what I did when I got home from work? Ordered a fckin Dominos. I don't know WHY I did it or what I was thinking. Instantly regretted it. Called them up to cancel it but was told u can't cancel. So when it arrived i used all my willpower and gave it to one of my neighbours. I'd never met him in my life and he thought I was a bit of a freak giving him my pizza, but gladly took it.

Phew.

But what a bloody waste of money. Ugh. Am still starving, despite having my shake. Just taken a sleeping pill to knock me out til the morning.

Well done you for giving it away! That took a lot of self control so pat yourself on the back for surviving a very stressful day without turning to food x

Well done you! That is amazing willpower to give the pizza away :)

I am a self confessed domino-a-holic and before I started this I would often order a pizza, chow it all down without really enjoying it and then feel awful afterwards because I was so bloated and full of grease!
I'm finding that non-bloated feeling really refreshing and makes the hunger pangs much more bearable as I know that I'll go to bed comfortable rather than feeling like my belly's going to explode!

fantastic show of willpower there
eh dont think of the money gone as a waste, think of it as a good lesson, a sucky day isnt worth the money or the guilt trip, next time life flips you the bird you will know you can get by without either of those

oh and i would have told them that either they can cancel the order since u called them straight back or the can stand outside either way there not getting the money, whats the worst they can do? ban you from domino's deliverys for life?

messyfreckle said:
Had such a crappy day at work today. Run ragged. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, had to train up 3 new starters aaand do my own work and a colleagues work who is on leave.

Blaaah.

So guess what I did when I got home from work? Ordered a fckin Dominos. I don't know WHY I did it or what I was thinking. Instantly regretted it. Called them up to cancel it but was told u can't cancel. So when it arrived i used all my willpower and gave it to one of my neighbours. I'd never met him in my life and he thought I was a bit of a freak giving him my pizza, but gladly took it.

Phew.

But what a bloody waste of money. Ugh. Am still starving, despite having my shake. Just taken a sleeping pill to knock me out til the morning.

That's so impressive! You are winning now for sure. Well done - go for it.
GSQ

I'd have told them to whistle for their money

Well done you that really is the ultimate willpower

Sorry to hear you had such a rubbish day (((((hugs)))))

What you did was so amazing though - I don't know if I could have done that with it turning up (that would have been my excuse to eat it) - you deserve a HUGE loss this week!

Well done missus and hope you feel better tomorrow.

xx

pat yourself on the back my lovely, thats blinkin amazing!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Blaaah.

Phew.

wow what willpower good on u girl :girlpower:i don't think i would have been that strong. good luck losing the lbs x

Think of it this way... would you pay £20 to lose a few pounds of weight? Yes? Well, you just did. Better the money is gone, than the money turn to fat on your body. You deserve a huge pat on the back for turning the situation around. :happy036:

well done miss feckle i doubt there are many people who would of had such self control to give it away!you should pat your self on the back and stand proud you did well very well!x

Thanks guys!!

Have to say, I didn't feel great when I did it - I actually felt like such a failure for caving in and ordering it, despite not actually eating any of it, but seeing all your comments has reassured me that it's not a failure, it's a positive thing. A learning curve ;)

I don't even like Dominos!! That's the weird thing. But seem to be craving for stringy cheese lately. Was in car with a friend on Saturday who went for McDonalds drive thru and I sooo wanted the mozzarella dippers. Resisted, but the want was there! Don't even usually like cheese that much. Very strange how my tastebuds are craving odd things.

x

wow you have some freat wil power it turn up at my door i would av eaten it n then felt like crap ur amazing insperation to have given it away n you should have told them you lost your purse n cant pay they would av cancelled you order x

Back