What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by ilovedogs, 12 February 2010 Social URL.

1. ilovedogs

ilovedogs Full Member

The sticks say I am in ketosis but I have not lost any weight at all! Can you be in ketosis and not lose?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ilovedogs

ilovedogs Full Member

Well I am finding it difficult to count my carbs. I have cut out all potatoes, and refined carbs like rice and pasta etc. Today I had 3 slices of bacon and a fried egg for dinner and salmon,prawns,courgette in cream and marscapone cheese sause. Also some small mushrooms with some danish blue cheese on them. I have been snaking on a few walnuts and brazil nuts, I have about 4 tea or coffees and am drinking lots of water. I have been eating olives and salami and slices of ham also.

4. Boo_Boo_x

Boo_Boo_x Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st0.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.9lb(7.47%)
    Diet:
    The Biggest Loser
    Are you on induction? If so you should be limiting yourself to 20g of carbs a day. Are you drinking normal coffee/teas? With milk/cream? Have you read the Atkins book? If not, then you should, it explains everything to you and makes sense.

5. ilovedogs

ilovedogs Full Member

I know it makes sense and yes I do have a little milk in my teas and coffees. What I don't understand is that it says eat as much meat and veg as you like but some meats i.e sausages and all veg have carbs so how do you stick to under 20g and still eat healthily?

6. EmmaMum

EmmaMum Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    You can't have milk at all. Sausage yes it is meat but not exclusively. E=When it says meat it means proper meat not processed. That includes Ham and salami both of which I would expect will contain carbs. You can have them but you must count carbs. It doesn't say unlimited veg. You should stick to green leafy veg and count the carbs. Again cream you must count the carbs. Tea and coffee should be decaf. Get the book it will help

7. maryanna

maryanna New Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Im abit confused about the carb intake on Induction, the book says to limit the intake to two cups of salad veg and one of other veg but adding these up on the carb counter doesn't make 12-15g of carbs. The website however says you can have up to several cups of vegs to total the 12-15 but which should I do lol?
    I did Lipotrim for one week and lost 7lbs in four days but it killed me socially so im trying out atkins!

8. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    LOL Em, you sound like me.

Hi ILD and MaryAnna.

Have you read the stickies at the top of this thread. Believe me you can eat plenty of greens, and you'll hear me saying often, GREEN LEAF VEGGIES>

LOL

oh and I'd ditch nuts during induction

Nuts (serving size 1/2 cup) Carbs (g)
    Almonds, dried 9g
    Brazil nuts 9g
    Cashew nuts, dry roasted 22g
    Hazelnuts (3oz) 5g
    Peanuts, roasted (3oz) 10g
    Pecans, dry roasted (1oz) 6g
    Pistachio nuts, dry roasted 16g
    Walnuts 8g

9. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    Hi and welcome. :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.