What am I doing wrong?

Lin

I really thought that I understood the Slimming World Extra Easy plan. I have lost weight on it before (even if I did put it back on). I started again two weeks ago. Week 1 weigh in, I stayed the same, today was week 2 weigh in and I lost a pound. Normally in the first couple of weeks I lose about 4 or 5 pounds so disappointed to only lose 1 pound in a fortnight :(

Have you got a copy of your food diaries? maybe post them on here and we can see what you've been doing and help you if we can? xx

Thank you. Here you go. Every day I use my HeA for semi-skimmed milk allowance:

Thu 26 Nov
Breakfast: Banana, yoghurt and Benecol(2.5 syns for yoghurt; 1.5 syns for Benecol)
Lunch: Tuna salad sandwich on brown bread (bread counted as a HeB)
Dinner: SW recipe for Chicken and tarragon casserole

Fri 27 Nov
Breakfast: Toast and ham (brown bread counted as a HeB) plus Benecol (1.5 syns)
Lunch: Turkey salad sandwich (extra bread so counted as 5 syns)
Dinner: Went out for wine and tapas but ate grilled fish with salad and 4 x wine counted at 4 syns per glass (16 syns)

Sat 28 Nov
Breakfast: Bacon sandwich (brown bread counted as HeB)
Lunch: Homemade Veg soup
Dinner: SW recipes for Spinach and potato curry ; chicken dopiaza ; served with rice
No syns today

Sun 29 Nov
Breakfast: Grilled bacon, poached eggs, baked beans, bread (brown bread counted as HeB)
No lunch
Dinner: Roast chicken, boiled potatoes, green beans, carrots, cauliflower, brocolli, gravy (2 syns for gravy) plus a sharan/persimmon fruit

Mon 30 Nov
Breakfast: Banana, yoghurt and Benecol(2.5 syns for yoghurt; 1.5 syns for Benecol)
Lunch: Ham and salad sandwich (brown brown counted as HeB) and cherry tomatoes
Dinner: SW recipe for pork and veg ragu served with jacket potato ; an orange
Syns: A few olives - 1 syn

Tue 01 Dec
Breakfast: Banana, kiwi, yoghurt and Benecol(2.5 syns for yoghurt; 1.5 syns for Benecol)
Dinner: SW recipe for cottage pie served with cauliflower and gravy (2 syns for gravy)

Wed 02 Dec
Breakfast: Toast and turkey breast slices (brown bread counted as HeB)
Lunch: Jacket potato and baked beans
Dinner: SW recipe for fidget pie (3 syns) served with SW chips ; an orange
Syns: Benecol - 1.5 sysn

It all sounds like good food choices but if I had to be picky id say its doesn't look like you are having your one third of speed foods each meal? Foods sounds really good though - are you feeling full in-between meals or are you snacking as well? xx

No, I don't eat between meals. I am including salad and veg in my meals. Do I just need to eat more of it? My plate is piled high. I feel that I am eating way too much food!

Just make sure your plate is piled high with veg rather than free food as I found that was stopping weightloss for a while. Also is your brown bread wholemeal? As it's only wholemeal that is HexB. Could also be worth trying to have something other than bread as your HexB as I find sometimes if I have too much bread my weightloss can be a bit pants!

Yes, I have just wholemeal bread. I will try cutting it out and have a jacket potato with something instead or just a ham salad rather than a ham salad sandwich. I so want to succeed losing 3+ stone this time so was very disappointed after two weeks to only have lost 1 lb. I thought I had done really well and tried hard......:(

Don't be disheartened! SW is great but ultimately you've got to do what works best for you - everyone's body reacts differently! See how you get on with having something different as a HexB and let us know how you get on x

Thank you. Here you go. Every day I use my HeA for semi-skimmed milk allowance:

Thu 26 Nov
Lunch: Tuna salad sandwich on brown bread (bread counted as a HeB)
Dinner: SW recipe for Chicken and tarragon casserole

Fri 27 Nov
Breakfast: Toast and ham (brown bread counted as a HeB) plus Benecol (1.5 syns)
Lunch: Turkey salad sandwich (extra bread so counted as 5 syns)
Dinner: Went out for wine and tapas but ate grilled fish with salad and 4 x wine counted at 4 syns per glass (16 syns)

Sat 28 Nov
Breakfast: Bacon sandwich (brown bread counted as HeB)
Lunch: Homemade Veg soup
Dinner: SW recipes for Spinach and potato curry ; chicken dopiaza ; served with rice
No syns today

Sun 29 Nov
Breakfast: Grilled bacon, poached eggs, baked beans, bread (brown bread counted as HeB)
No lunch
Dinner: Roast chicken, boiled potatoes, green beans, carrots, cauliflower, brocolli, gravy (2 syns for gravy) plus a sharan/persimmon fruit

Mon 30 Nov
Dinner: SW recipe for pork and veg ragu served with jacket potato ; an orange

Tue 01 Dec
Breakfast: Banana, kiwi, yoghurt and Benecol(2.5 syns for yoghurt; 1.5 syns for Benecol)
Dinner: SW recipe for cottage pie served with cauliflower and gravy (2 syns for gravy)

Wed 02 Dec
Breakfast: Toast and turkey breast slices (brown bread counted as HeB)
Lunch: Jacket potato and baked beans
Dinner: SW recipe for fidget pie (3 syns) served with SW chips ; an orange
Syns: Benecol - 1.5 sysn

Hi - have you thought about using more syns - you only seem to be having about 5 a day which doesn't sound much to me? A friend of mine in work says that the people in her group who use all their syns (10-15 a day) generally do better than those that don't, and one lady makes a point of having a meal each Saturday where she eats whatever she fancies and doesn't worry about it, and apparently she has really good losses. Agree with comments about good menu generally, and trying to vary the HeB choice.

Back