What an odd week! Advice please :)

miss_emmajane

Silver Member
Somehow I ended up off plan this week and I have had a nice week because I have had some lovely meals out with my friend and boyfriend but at the same time I don't want to fall off the wagon as a celebratory weeks break because I am exactly half way to target is all very nice (nice, fun and yummy! lol) but I want to carry on to target now!

My weight loss has slowed down now to 1-1.5 pounds on average and whilst that is good and every loss counts I wanted some advice about how to get bigger loses again (want a 3.5 loss again!!) .. what can I shake up and do differently now so I can lose the other half of my weight and get to target?

I finally bought myself a directory, got a book to write my food diaries in each week and have written all the syns of my common foods so I don't forget or get them wrong and I have also got some old mags from eBay for some inspirational reading this week incase I find it hard to get back into (though, I am looking forward to not feeling lethargic tbh so shouldn't be hard!) ... also decided that my Monday treat night will consist of one thing rather than a meal and three or so snacks - one thing I really want, either a meal or a snack and BIG STEP HERE ... I am going to start staying for the meetings each week as well!

I have Monday booked off as a hol so no weigh in this week - just need to get my booty in to order - get back on track starting tomorrow and get some good losses back! :)

You seem to be really organised and in the perfect mind frame. Well done!

I have always been told that the ideal SW weight loss is between 1 and 2 pounds a week. I am averaging just under 1 a week, which is a bit slow but that's ok. My initial weight loss was 4 pounds and I was thrilled. Since then I have had 3 STS weeks, 2 where I gained 1.5 (was gutted) and 2 where I lost 3.5.
I can't advise how to loose more but if you stick to plan it will come off at the pace right for your body!
Best of luck!

You seem to be really organised and in the perfect mind frame. Well done!

I have always been told that the ideal SW weight loss is between 1 and 2 pounds a week. I am averaging just under 1 a week, which is a bit slow but that's ok. My initial weight loss was 4 pounds and I was thrilled. Since then I have had 3 STS weeks, 2 where I gained 1.5 (was gutted) and 2 where I lost 3.5.
I can't advise how to loose more but if you stick to plan it will come off at the pace right for your body!
Best of luck!

Awh, yeah I supose you're right - as long as it comes off its all good :) Not had a sts or gain yet but I am expecting a STS maybe on my next weigh in a week on Monday to count for this week but I was hoping that I haven't done too much damage and could lose that and possibly 1/2-1 pound - hopefully!

Awh, yeah I supose you're right - as long as it comes off its all good :) Not had a sts or gain yet but I am expecting a STS maybe on my next weigh in a week on Monday to count for this week but I was hoping that I haven't done too much damage and could lose that and possibly 1/2-1 pound - hopefully!
read the thread I started on here about studying food diaries it makes interesting reading as to which way of eating suits different people to get the best losses. Good luck and keep up the healthy eating xx

Do you do any exercise? I started about 6 weeks ago. (Be warned it slows you down at first) and now I'm back to losing 2lbs a week again!

You seem very positive so you should get back to it no problem, I find I do a menu then shop for what I need that week and it helps me as I know what meals I am making so no rush grabbing wrong things etc. I try to get for a walk most nights with hubby for hour and that seems to help me as first week I lost 4lb and 2nd week I lost 2.5 not sure about this week as I was out for Indian and had burger while at rally and some red wine so think I have gone over as forgot to count syns when out.

Do excersise to boost your loss and make use of the SS foods, but don't cut back on your meals or syns to boost it, it wouldn't be healthy. A steady loss everyweek is the best way and will be more beneficial in the long run as you will learn a healthy way of eating which you can maintain.

Back