What annoys you about your slimming world class

haha thanks GracieMai :)

However, it is the electronic system that causes the problem that someone mentioned about everyone's losses being read out even if they have gone home.

With the paper system, the weighing lady can ask if you are staying and put the paperwork in a separate pile if you are. With the new system there is no way of differentiating between those who are staying and those who are not, so the consultant has to go through the whole list.

My C just asks if the person is still here or not and doesn't read out the losses of those who have left already. And she has a big class 30 or 40

Hi
I had that a long time ago when I went to a WW class. (I now do SW). There was a group of women who would talk all the way through the class and the C was not strong enough to tell them about it. So one day I very politely said that as a student, I didn't have a lot of money and that wanted to get as much as out of the class as I could and that I could not hear the C. They shut up like clams! Luckily, my SW C is very good at quietening noisy/rude members in our class now! Good Luck! B xx

I like my group only got a few moans i have been there 6 weeks and we havent done SOTM so i guess we dont have it!
And i hate it when people come in really late get weighed and just go. It bugs me !! Wish more people would stay ! I do love my C shes really nice and friendly ! Xx

The plan works - simple

Hi,
I'm a male and been with SW for 4 years.. NUTSHELL.. saved my life. lost 11 stone in total 5 in the first 9 months. I stay to all the groups and the pattern is the same.. The members that put on and never lose slag the consultant. The members that stay to group and do the plan get their target weight loss. Same old same old each week. I love SW, and so do 90% of the people that do the plan and stay to group. Only the ones that LIE about sticking to the plan put on. Stop blaming the WORLD!! for your problems and take some responsibity in your life.
:D

Everyone brings in a piece of fruit for the basket and the SOW gets that. The raffle this week was a chicken, potatoes, carrots and head of broccoli.

What annoyed me about mine was the woman taking the money and the one doing the weighing spent all their time [STRIKE]gossiping with[/STRIKE] talking to their mates :mad: and i felt like i was interrupting them. That really annoyed me, especially as it was my first week. I felt they would have been extra welcoming you know?

This is a great thread, taught me a lot. I think a lot if what happens in group is down to each individual consultant. There are guidelines in how classes should run but were human not robots so groups will differ! Some are fab, some are ok as some need improving. Give feedback to your consultant, maybe visit another group and maybe suggest items in group. Sometimes member opening up to the consultant helps. Remember it's a group and your group should be a team effort. X

Becky xxx 3.5 stone lost another 2 stone to tackle!

I put on 2.5 pounds this week - my first week after reaching target. I spoke to the consultant about putting the weight on and she just said "if you've been good then it will show up at the scales next week". She begrudingly took my food diary but I've heard nothing from her since weigh in on Wednesday night. Why is it when you get to target the support goes?? Really feel like Slimming World has stopped working for me and not sure where to go??

aliscrapper said:
I put on 2.5 pounds this week - my first week after reaching target. I spoke to the consultant about putting the weight on and she just said "if you've been good then it will show up at the scales next week". She begrudingly took my food diary but I've heard nothing from her since weigh in on Wednesday night. Why is it when you get to target the support goes?? Really feel like Slimming World has stopped working for me and not sure where to go??

I've just got to target too, was quite upset that my consultant said NOTHING all she did say was don't feel you have to come every week now. I feel the same as you, where's the support?

I've just got to target too, was quite upset that my consultant said NOTHING all she did say was don't feel you have to come every week now. I feel the same as you, where's the support?

I've heard so many people say the same thing getting to target equals no support. I wonder if it is because once you get to target you no longer pay??

I've been to three consultants in my 2.5 years at Slimming World. One consultant who unless you were a new member didn't give you the time of day; one consultant who reckoned you should stay on the plan on honeymoon despite admitting that she herself had been on holiday and off plan. Then the most recent consultant who only seems interested in a select amount of members. Really not sure what to do next - don't want to gain all the weight I've put on; but really fear the plan has stopped working for me and don't seem to be able to find a consultant who will look at my food diary to try and understand why??

Really not sure what to do next - don't want to gain all the weight I've put on; but really fear the plan has stopped working for me

Give yourself a break! You've been at target one week! It can take weeks to work out how to maintain and there is no easy answer, it's all about trial and error. You haven't done anything wrong - you are allowed to be within 3lb either way of your target. You are allowed to put weight on you know. Most people who maintain don't stay the same weight every week - they fluctuate up and down within those limits. It is a huge psychological shift getting used to that idea so don't be so hard on yourself.

Please tell your consultant how you feel, target members are as important as new members!! Target members can teach others a lot! You have reached your target but you still need to maintain it. Reaching target is hard and maintaining it can be so also! Tell your consultant how you feel!

I hit target at the end of March, but I have no idea how I have managed to stay within target. My consultant is not at target yet, so she doesn't know how to maintain. I wonder if that's why some consultants are not sure what to suggest, and stick rigidly to the company line of "upping your B choices".

I think SOTW should be based on the percentage of body weight lost not just numerical pounds lost.

Someone in our group has a long journey ahead of them and is doing incredibly well but has got SOTW for about the last 5 or 6 weeks and SOTM. If it was based on percentage of weight lost it would make it more of a level playing field. I don't begrudge them it at all but everyone knows even with 3 or 4lbs losses they won't get it.

Please tell your consultant how you feel, target members are as important as new members!! Target members can teach others a lot! You have reached your target but you still need to maintain it. Reaching target is hard and maintaining it can be so also! Tell your consultant how you feel!

I've recently been diagnosed as having a binge eating disorder. It doesn't happen very often but when it does can be quite distressing. I told my consultant hoping that she would understand; she simply suggested "giving the plan a break for a while". Yet I know that keep getting weighed in every week helps me to re-focus.

I think SOTW should be based on the percentage of body weight lost not just numerical pounds lost.

Someone in our group has a long journey ahead of them and is doing incredibly well but has got SOTW for about the last 5 or 6 weeks and SOTM. If it was based on percentage of weight lost it would make it more of a level playing field. I don't begrudge them it at all but everyone knows even with 3 or 4lbs losses they won't get it.

After watching the America's Biggest Loser where they judge the teams on percentage of weight loss; I was just saying exactly that to hubby. Couldn't agree with you more!

Our consultant does the 'newbie' talk as we are getting weighed in then we sit there waiting for her to finish talking to them - 45minutes we waited thursday night :rolleyes:

Back