What annoys you about your slimming world class

jadeelizabeth said:
I love my class, we've got everything including recipe sheets and a taster session every class!

The only thing that annoys me is that we have to wait around for about 40 minutes for my consultant to finish speaking to the newbies and for everyone to weigh in. I'm starving by then and just want to get home for my tea.

Why don't you go to wi a bit later-ie closer to the end of the wi half hour, or maybe take something with you that you can eat-I know people who take mug shots or pasta salads etc with them x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Why don't you go to wi a bit later-ie closer to the end of the wi half hour, or maybe take something with you that you can eat-I know people who take mug shots or pasta salads etc with them x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Ive never fathomed that either :confused: All the classes I've been to (three different ones so far) the newbie talk is at the end, after WI and image therapy, when everyone else is gone - which seems the sensible thing to do as the regulars are the majority.

But even so if it's always a half-hour wait while they rabbit on, why not just turn up half an hour later than you do currently? Or do they not allow WI at this time for some reason? :confused:

I just wonder as I see all over the place that people are fed up with waiting for the newbie talk and Ive never experienced this.

I only stayed for 3 classes and now just weigh and go purely because I have a very active 15 month old and I don't like the way people look at me when she is crying or moaning cos she wants to run around when I can't allow her too .

I love the Slimming World diet but have yet to find a group that I can tolerate! The last one I joined, the C loved the sound of his own voice so much that he ran out of time to do any image therapy. I can't afford to waste my money on something that isn't going to motivate me, but if I don't go, I don't stick to the diet. I find the whole thing really boring and convince myself I can do it alone, but never do.

Ive recently moved to WWPP from SW but my consultant at SW was brilliant, friendly, helpful - the classes had receipes, SOTM, SOTW, stickies, certificates, Club 10 and a raffle every week as well as the SOTW goodie bag. My only gripe was that as she was so good and popular the class was huge and she had to spread herself a little thin for everyone there. She made sure all members had her email and telephone number and she sent motivational texts and emails every week. She wasn't the reason I moved to WWPP the plan was the reason. When I emailed to say I was moving to WWPP and my reasons behind it and to thank her for her help she didn't reply which annoyed me a bit, but I after a while I got it. She still ran a great class.

Forgot to mention in my rant before, our Consultant does do SOTW (not sure about month - the SOTW award is a fruit basket which is put together by members), and a raffle (which the members actually do!).

The best slimming class I ever went to was when Scottish Slimmers moved onto England (I forget the name though) she was fab, congratulated people who had reached 1/2 stone etc then did a really informative talk, she was the one who first taught me about fats and how if you have no fat at all you would be constipated, lose vitamins etc
She was brilliant, however I wasn't! I admit for 20 years I didn't want to lose weight!!!!

When I first joined, and sat in on everyone's weight losses/gains/STS's, I felt a bit like I was drowning. I hadn't a clue what was going on, because it wasn't explained to me. I had no idea what slimmer of the week was, or what it entailed. Same for slimmer of the month, and I didn't know how the raffle thing worked, or whether the books on display were for sale.
These things could have easily been explained to us during our introduction speech, and it would have saved a lot of confusion.

Other than that, my C tends to get distracted and go off on a tangent about what happened to X from another class and "someone's sister's friend's husband's brother said...."

I've stopped going as of last week so I've missed two classes. I've had no contact from her.

I just thought of another thing that annoys me. The raffle is 50p to enter and you win a recipe and the ingredients, which is brilliant UNTIL I discovered if you win it you buy next weeks prize.....so where are these 50p's going? Nobody else seems to question it though.

I have to say I gave up on SW the first time round because even though I think the diet is great, the consultant was awful! She was really jumped up and snobby, and the IT part wasn't constructive, more like ritual humiliation for those who gained (often quite a large proportion of the group) and then 1 week I lost 5 lbs and was chuffed! but she brushed over it! She certainly wasn't encouraging or supportive :(

I couldn't ever contact her on the landline number she gave, and she never gave her mobile number (as promised), I just stopped bothering in the end...

Shirleen said:
I don't stay to group because the "x lost 2 lb, clap clap clap, how did you get on, clap clap clap" just annoys me, it's not motivating at all!

That made me smile ..... For all the wrong reasons....firstly I thought no offence But With that kind of attitude it's probably best for both parties you don't go
Then my better nature stepped in and I thought when was the last time you did stay to class?
It's soooo much more than clap clap clap
Our class is brilliant
We have tasting sessions, discussions on new foods
Discussions on what to make with different ingredients
To name but a few things we do. It's also great networking .
We talk about living life on the plan , making changes , accepting new ways of thinking
Give it another go ..... Try a different class perhaps? maybe you will be pleasantly surprised

F x

Glasgow girl62 said:
That made me smile ..... For all the wrong reasons....firstly I thought no offence But With that kind of attitude it's probably best for both parties you don't go
Then my better nature stepped in and I thought when was the last time you did stay to class?
It's soooo much more than clap clap clap
Our class is brilliant
We have tasting sessions, discussions on new foods
Discussions on what to make with different ingredients
To name but a few things we do. It's also great networking .
We talk about living life on the plan , making changes , accepting new ways of thinking
Give it another go ..... Try a different class perhaps? maybe you will be pleasantly surprised

F x

Actually, I feel I'm one of the more supportive members, I make a point of remembering who is struggling and ask how they're getting on, I congratulate the ones who have lost and are losing, I use the time queueing to get to know the person in front and get the person behind to join in. If there were more discussion/advice etc I would stay ( not at the mo going to a different group and have to leave straight after for a course). I actually want to stay at the new group because the way she has set the room up is great, motivational stories, pictures recipes etc, I might have a word next wk and ask if she'd mind if I have to leave 10 mins before the end.
I do agree my attitude to the image therapy stinks, I don't begrudge anyone their loss but there has to be more!

Hi HPSaucy.
Here is the ingredients that our team picked and the finished recipe, I have named ingredients as if I was going to make it as we have to return the recipe this week!
I would make it but I don't like some of the ingredients!
Each ingredients was in a different envelope as free food, speed food etc., there was only one of each item..

Dee’s Competition Recipe

Serves 4
Ingredients
150g rice noodles
1 corn on the cob
400g tin of broad beans
200g Couscous
2 mackerel (not smoked) deboned
1 Knorr Veg Stock Pot
1 Tub of 0% fat Yoghurt
Bilberries
Sharon Fruit
1 Gherkin

Method

Make the pudding first and place in the fridge, start the soup and 10 mins in start the couscous and stand to one side, then finish the soup.

Starter-Soup

Make up a Litre of stock using the stock pot, save 400mL for the couscous, purr the remainder into a saucepan and heat up, add the corn (after removing from the cob) and the broad beans, bring to the boil, place a bamboo steamer on top of the pan and place the mackerel in it, reduce the heat and steam for 20 mins. Remove the fish and set aside. Using ½ of one fish, flake the fish and add to the soup along with the rice noodles and leave on the heat for a further 5 mins, serve at once.

Dinner

Place the Couscous in a bowl and add 400mL of hot stock, chop the gherkin into small pieces and add to the couscous, cover in cling film and set aside for 5-10 mins until the liquid has been absorbed. Flake the mackerel and mix with the couscous, plate up and enjoy.

Pudding

Check that the Sharon Fruit is ripe and cut into quarters and place in a serving bowl, add the bilberries and add yoghurt, mix together and place in the fridge to chill, remove from the fridge a few minutes before you want to eat it.

Last edited:
bilsat said:
Hi HPSaucy.
Here is the ingredients that our team picked and the finished recipe, I have named ingredients as if I was going to make it as we have to return the recipe this week!
I would make it but I don't like some of the ingredients!
Each ingredients was in a different envelope as free food, speed food etc., there was only one of each item..

Dee's Competition Recipe

Serves 4
Ingredients
150g rice noodles
1 corn on the cob
400g tin of broad beans
200g Couscous
2 mackerel (not smoked) deboned
1 Knorr Veg Stock Pot
1 Tub of 0% fat Yoghurt
Bilberries
Sharon Fruit
1 Gherkin

Method

Make the pudding first and place in the fridge, start the soup and 10 mins in start the couscous and stand to one side, then finish the soup.

Starter-Soup

Make up a Litre of stock using the stock pot, save 400mL for the couscous, purr the remainder into a saucepan and heat up, add the corn (after removing from the cob) and the broad beans, bring to the boil, place a bamboo steamer on top of the pan and place the mackerel in it, reduce the heat and steam for 20 mins. Remove the fish and set aside. Using ½ of one fish, flake the fish and add to the soup along with the rice noodles and leave on the heat for a further 5 mins, serve at once.

Dinner

Place the Couscous in a bowl and add 400mL of hot stock, chop the gherkin into small pieces and add to the couscous, cover in cling film and set aside for 5-10 mins until the liquid has been absorbed. Flake the mackerel and mix with the couscous, plate up and enjoy.

Pudding

Check that the Sharon Fruit is ripe and cut into quarters and place in a serving bowl, add the bilberries and add yoghurt, mix together and place in the fridge to chill, remove from the fridge a few minutes before you want to eat it.

Hey that sounds really good.. Ready, Steady Cook!

I really like that idea and I'm going to tell my C about it and see what she thinks.. Let us know how you get on at group x

I mentioned a certain grumpy lady last time I posted, and this week she was close to get my foot up her! I work an hour's commute away and come straight from work to my meeting. This week was the taster session for Christmas and as there are no fridge facility at work, I can't really bring anything unless I am really set on poisoning the entire group. I provided a free mulled wine recipe based on Swedish traditions, and this Lady Beige as I call her asked what the recipe was for and where it was. When I told her I didn't have any, she frickin' rolled her eyes and snorted at me!!! Honestly, it took a lot of energy not to jump her across the table. I couldn't believe the serious attitude that oozes out of her diabolical pores!

We had a taster evening at the last class and as i'd done nothing for the one before I really wanted to make an effort!

I made my quiche that I make now and again, don't eat too often as its made with pasta and sauce and if you eat too much too often its not free (or it wasn't last time anyway) and out of a group of 30 plus women and 1 man (new so he knew no better) only 6 women contributed and a whole lot more stayed after class for the tasting!

Wouldn't of minded except 2 young girls couldn't beleive their luck as they "don't need no tea ay luvvy"

Yeah help yourselves, Luv!

;-)

I've stopped going as of last week so I've missed two classes. I've had no contact from her.

I just thought of another thing that annoys me. The raffle is 50p to enter and you win a recipe and the ingredients, which is brilliant UNTIL I discovered if you win it you buy next weeks prize.....so where are these 50p's going? Nobody else seems to question it though.

Really!!! thats terrible, surely that not endorsed by SW??

tallsarah said:
Really!!! thats terrible, surely that not endorsed by SW??

That is down to your consultant,asking you to pay for a raffle prize,our Con buys lovely raffle prizes herself. It's her motivation for her people,shouldn't be your responsibility. I would complain to SW honestly ,never heard such a thing x

Back