What are we eating today?

Iv never ever made my own sauces so for me its a leap into the unknown!

That's half the fun of it Jules, or it was for me anyway. I had some disasters, believe me. :D

Thanks for that Jules you are a star!

Jim a recipe thread would be fab!

xx

OK, I'll start to bring in one a day if I remember. Nothing Fancy though I'm afraid.

ah, that's for Jules to answer, not me Jools.

:)

Yum, everything sounds so good. Jim will definately be adding the curry to my new recipe collection for once I am finished go lower and cooking for myself.
Today I've had the breakfast clusters, plain yogurt and blueberries.
Lunch i'm having mushroom soup
Dinner I'm having beef bourginon (sp) with my first attempt at celeriac mash. Xx

I haven't had celeriac for years, mainly because I've not seen it for sale. Where do you buy yours BB?

I got mine from Tesco's for tonight, ugly looking thing isn't it? Its not something I have ever had before so hoping I like it / know what to do with it! Xx

Thanks, I'll have to look for that at my Tesco's here.

I slice it up and braise it in butter

and.....

Here is my Lunch today, basically a pork chop, with a wine and mushroom sauce, fried string beans (very garlicky, yum) and a small spoonful of rice and peas.

lunch.jpg

Quick question ( for anyone able to answer! ) Are we allowed to use white wine vinegar as a dressing for a salad?? The one iv bought has 0.1g of carbs in per 100ml and the same for sugars, would this be ok?

yes, 100ms is a fair amount, just count it as .5 of a carb towards your daily total.

Thanks jim, your a life saver. Im constantly thinking of what kind of sauces/dressings i can have with my meals, stops me thinking of the dreaded ciggys, like you i gave up!!!

Jules did you spot my lunch picture?

LOL, it's from a local Cafe near where I work, great food I go there a lot. :)

I guess I should be posting in here now as I do eat loads of protein compared to most, don't really fit in the low calorie or other diet sections purely because I don't count calories or am not on a 'diet' anymore...still trying to lose some body fat, but that is purely aesthetics and not an absolute must as I am trying to look more athletic, etc...so...

You guys seem to eat like sparrows...but then again you don't mention portion sizes...today I ate/drank:

Brekkie: Two eggwhites, one whole egg mixed with six dessertspoonfuls of wholefood muesli (full of nuts and seeds and spelt, etc) and cooked like a large muffin
Pre gym snack: protein shake
Post gym snack: protein shake
Lunch: large cappuccino and a protein recovery bar (need the extra carbs some days for an extra boost after hard training sessions)
Mid afternoon meal: tuna salad (used sprouts, cabbage and carrot)
Late afternoon meal: lamb curry (small amount of brown rice mixed in) with two small tomatoes and fresh coriander)
Early evening meal: Chicken breast salad (coleslaw, peppers, spring onions, celery) with cider vinegar, swedish bouillon and herb dressing

I still have to eat my late evening meal which will be: half a large trout fillet in some carrot and coriander soup as sauce with fennel, carrot, orange pepper, celery, garlic and mushrooms.

I eat eight 'smaller' sized meals per day (pre-prepare some and carry with me) and on my first week I lost two pounds astoundingly...I say smaller BUT they mostly fill a plate or a standard sized lunchbox. I'm never hungry and some days I have to make myself keep up with it as it can seem too much.

corrrrrr Jim your lunch looks lovely! Does the cafe you go to cater for you and Atlins or is this the food they serve anyway?

xx

I can honestly say I don't eat like a sparrow, I eat mountains of food LOL

Back