What are we eating today?

B: 3 Rashers of Bacon

L: Was having a bit of a mad couple of hours so just had a jelly with cream.

D: 2 chicken thighs, a few ribs and garlic butter fried mushrooms.

Just grabbed another jelly.

No the best of days TBH!

Here's my plan for tomorrow's day of vigorous personal safety training.. Thought i'd up my carbs a bit as don't want to risk feeling hungry or weak or anything daft that i can blame feeling knackered on! Didn't want to snack on crap, cakes, crisps etc so i've tried to encorporate some better choices of carbs, or what i thought were at least!

B. Have pre-made a 2 egg omlette with a little bacon and mozzerella, will have it cold whilst getting ready to leave
D. Roast beef salad with mayo. Have then pre-cooked and let cool one of those micro sachets of Tilda Brown rice and i shall put half the pack in with the salad before i leave and have the other half with sunday's salad. Have also got a couple slices of soya n linseed bread if i become desperate. I'd rather take it and end up not eating it than not take it and buy chocolate or crisps there!
T. Mum's doing a bbq so will be meat n salad i suspect

I'm taking 2 1.5l water bottles and a small can of energy drink, again, in case i get desperate.. i'd rather be prepared!

I feel really pleased with myself for the choices i've made considering the circumstances. I know i could just stick to normal carb levels but i'd rather be sensible and realistic in preparation rather than crave and risk a binge on crap!

I'm still aching today from the gym sesh last night so i think i'll be a jibbering wreck tomorrow night! Gotta drive for 3hrs too on top which is pants.

Very sensible choices Claire, I have been doing that since the start, there are no hard and fast rules for any diet in my opinion, you have to learn what works for you and keeps you happy, then failure is not an option :D

It's police training Penny, nothing dodgy, honest guv! Cuffs, baton, gas, limb restraints, un-armed combat kind of stuff..

Thanks for that Hellraiser, appreciate the feedback.

First day done n dusted, feel like my arms are going to drop off but enjoyed every minute of it! Had the omlette for brekkie, beef salad with one slice of soya n linseed bread and half pack of the brown rice, bbq at parents for tea which was yummy! Had some bbq fish, king prawns, pork rib and a tiny piece of steak with salad and a few red berries and cream for pudding.

Feel nicely full but not overly so and feel pleased with myself for not eating rubbish so i'll do the same tomorrow and then start afresh with 100% atkins from monday. Hoping to hit the gym more next week too, been twice this week along with this weekend training.

3.5l water, one small can vitamin juice drink, cup of tea at parents

Well done Claire, and good on you for sticking to the 'good' carbs.

b - bacon & eggs (I am having a couple of weeks off the bacon from tomorrow!)
l - cheese & ham oopsie
d - three chicken thighs with about 2 cups of stir fried cabbage, leek & spring onion

Off to marinade my thighs in palm oil, lemon juice, garlic and herbs...

Thanks LM! And what a gorgeous cat pic!

B. Couple spoons tinned toms, two poached eggs on top with melted mozzerella on top of them
D. Beef and pepperoni salad with second half of pack of brown rice
S. 2 slices soya n linseed bread
T. Chicken breast n two cups green vegs stir fried with left over malaysian spicy satay sauce

Had a fantastic days training, the bruises are coming out already! Feel completely shattered now but pleased with my effort and choices i've made with the food so will finish off today and then start afresh tomorrow.

My aims this week are to -

1. Up water intake
2. NO citric acid whatsoever (no pots of sugar free jellies)
3. Less cheese, probably only in omlettes
4. Try to eat less at main meal time (usually tea)

Well people I'm still persisting it's been up and down for me and after 2 -3 days of really good yesterday i ate dark chocolate and a piece of fruit toast!!! I know! I had to crack at some point. (TOM too)

Anyway today;
b - yoghurt and linseeds, cinnamon and nutmeg +sweetener

l - tuna and parmesan salad with mayo (cup of rocket with capsicum, avo and olives)

d - tofu and veg

snacks, atkins bar (think these are holding my loss's back), blue berries frozen and unsweetened, sprite zero, 2 decaf's with tsp of cream.

Hopefully 2.5 ltr of water.

Bren
X

I know how you feel Bren, my TOTM too and been visiting family and eldest is going away for a week so we went out for a meal tonight to celebrate. I had chicken, egg and 1 rasher of bacon, I was stuffed after just the egg!! I feel well bloated though! Though we ended the night with some wine and I feel like I've cheated big time and I'm not losing weight.

Yesterday was:

B: 3 Rashers of bacon with 2 eggs & 15 ml Mayo

Snack: Pork Scratchings

L: 2 Chicken thighs and garlic mushrooms

Snack: Jelly & Cream

D: Portion of plain ribs & broccoli

3 litres of water throughout the day with a couple of decafs & cream.

Thanks LM! And what a gorgeous cat pic!

My cuddly cat Geri, there. So called because she's ginger and she looks a bit dirty. :rolleyes: Yeah, I got her in about 1998, the name kind of ages her.

b - smoked salmon and scrambled egg
l - 3 small chicken drumsticks with green salad (mixed leaves, green pepper & cucumber)
d - 2 grilled salmon fillets with steamed broccoli, cauliflower & cabbage
sn - ham & cheese oopsie (totally addicted to these now)

Off to marinade my thighs in palm oil, lemon juice, garlic and herbs...

LOL!!!

B chicken omelette
L 2 slices of gammon
D 4 pork chops

My cuddly cat Geri, there. So called because she's ginger and she looks a bit dirty. :rolleyes: Yeah, I got her in about 1998, the name kind of ages her.

She's gorgeous LM! I'd love a cat but sadly living in a second floor flat doesn't allow me to! LOL.. Can't wait to be able to sell my flat and have a hosue so's i can have a cat. Though my bunny (my pic), Poppy, is lovely too. She's a rescue rabbit from the RSPCA :p

I made oopsies once but they didnt seem to taste particularly wonderful.. have got a soft cheese in the fridge so may give them another go..

Aww, Poppy, bless. Geri was a stray who was brought into the vets where I worked at the time, she was only about 10 weeks old. No one came forward to claim her, thankfully! Had to give up the old vet nursing in the end because it was too heart breaking...

I wasn't bowled over by the oopsie taste the first time around, either, but now I make them with about a tbsp each of onion granules, black onion seeds and dried oregano and they are lush, and go really well with savoury fillings. I think it was the onion granules that made all the difference, but you can add whatever you fancy. I was thinking of doing a batch with some dried chillis for a bit of a kick, or maybe sprinkling some sesame seeds over a couple to use as burger buns.

I've also given up on trying to make them 'roll' shaped, and now flatten them down in the baking tray and use each one as one 'slice'. They always seem too insubstantial to slice in half. Plus, once they've cooled a bit I turn them upside down and put them back in the oven on the cooling rack for about 5 mins at about gas 6, if I don't do this they are way too soggy in the middle.

Totally worth another try, happy experimenting!

Ooo, they sound lovely with the onion and seeds in.. will have to give them another try! And good idea with the sesame seeds n use as burger buns! Do you include them in your carb allowance? If so, how on earth do you go about counting them?

B. Beef and mushroom omlette
S. Choc chip atkins bar, cup of tea with drop full fat milk
T. 3 asda special sausages, roughly two cups green veg - brocolli, asparagus, sugar snap peas, mushroom n cream cheese sauce

Water, two glasses perfectly clear strawberry flavour

Finally have found a breakfast which I can get on with since I discovered flax meal muffins. Half of one of those with some brie for 2g of carbs and jobs a good 'un!

B - Flax muffin and brie.
L - Ham, chicken salad.
Snack - cheese and peperami
D - lamb, aubergine, tomato and brocoli roasted up together.
Late night munchie - SF jelly and cream.

I so love the Flax muffin, thanks for the reminder. Will make some in the morning MMMMmmm

Woofy X

Back