1 ATKINS SHAKE 1.3g
1 ATKINS BAR 2g
1 SPRITE 1g
SALMON AND BIG SALAD WITH CHEESE AND MAYO 7g

Total of 17.1 g today
20 mins of cycling and 2.8 ltrs of water

Bren
x

I actually think that I'm doing it well now!

Sounds good to me Bren! I have to say I did have my doubts when you first came here being a veggie, but you are doing GREAT!

I also know how quickly I get drunk on Atkins so at least it will be a cheap night!

LOL, yes that is a good side effect for a cheapskate like me! Just be prepared to have a bigger hangover with it! And have a lovely time, hun.

b - fried smoked sausage & scrambled egg
l - ham omelette & atkins bar
d - chicken with garlic mushrooms & salad

Will be whipping up some oopsies later...

Thanks AnnaMaria. Glad it wasn't the Australian thing which made you uncertain!

I have been vege for 12 years and I do eat some fish. And I am eating more now with the Induction Phase. How many of us are doing Induction??

LadyMarmalade I am thinking about making low carb bread tomorrow with flaxseed. Is flaxseed allowed on the Induction? As in the book it mentions no seeds or nuts during this.... however it does say that if you are constipated that you can use flaxseed ground up in your food to help?

Bren
x

Oh and enjoy your dinner tonight.

I bought some flax seeds weeks ago, Bren, but haven't got around to using them yet. I don't really know the answer re. induction but I've just had a look in the recipies thread at the top of the board, and the 'muffin in a minute' recipe uses flax seed and is claimed to be okay on induction...

Yeah I usually sprinkle them on lots of things like stir fry's and salads. I tried to ground them myself today in a morta and pestel but to no avail. I will need to purchase them in the supermarket.

b - salmon and 2 eggs with cheese and mushroom scrambled. With 1/4 of an avo and 5 olives. 3.5g
s - advantage bar 3.1g
l - tuna with mayo, cabbage, cauli, capsicum and flaxseeds and 1/3 of a small brie 7g
s coffee and cream .5g

So far any way 14.1g!
Dinner shall have to be eggs again but thats ok.

Bren
X

B Advantage bar 2.1
L Salmon with asparagus and salad 5.5
S Strawberries 1/2 cup with cream 4 tbls 6.6
D Mackerel with salad and celery + mayo 5.5

19.7 - not going off the wagon but fancy a treat today so am incorporating something yummy and which has some goodness.

Sometimes variety can really help Penny and perhaps the fruit and the bar will shake it up a little.

Next week I plan to use some other vege's I have been relying on easy stuff this week. Missing natural yoghurt though. I am going to cook up some of the recipes in the Rose Elliott Vege Low Carb book. Will let you know if any are yummy!

Bren
X

b - atkins shake 1.3g
s - coffee + cream x 2 = 1g
s - protein bar 2.8
s - atkins indulgence bar ( i know.... ) 2g
l - salmon and eggs scrambled (with cheese and mushrooms) avo and 5 olives, flaxseeds 4.5g
d - tofu and vege curry 6g

Bren
X

Promise next week I will shake things up a little.

Good morning from fat and frumpy but very brown Jim.

B: Sausage, egg and bacon.
L: Jenny's Cafe.
D: Lamb chops and steamed veggies.

Back to induction for me. :D

Welcome home Jim, Hope you had a wonderful time. So back to induction then. Hope things didn't go too badly for you.

Nah, it was great, usual stuff loads of sun, sea sand and s.... that plus too much to eat and drink. LOL.

I loved it and induction will shift the pounds quickly, it always does for me.

Welcome back Jim! What delicious Mediterranean delights did you sample, then?

Claire - I ended up slightly burning the oopsies, they were still just about useable. (Does this make them 'oopsie oopsies'? It is such an annoyingly twee name. I might start calling them 'egg splats' instead...)

b - sossies & fried eggs
l - leftover cold roast beef & salad
d - grilled salmon fillets, cauliflower & buttered cabbage
sn - egg splats with cheese, ham & mayo

Hi darling,

lot's of fish dishes and moules marineire. Goats cheese by the ton and loads of no doubt illegal sauces and dressings. :D

B - 2 eggs = 0
L - 2 co-op burgers (0.6 carb each!) = 1.2, courgettes = 4, asparagus = 4, rocket = 1.5
D - Chicken = 0, spinach = 4.0 & brocolli = 4.0.

14.7 = wow! Think I may need to up my veggie allowance or may even have room for mixed fruit and cream??

What fruit? berries I hope. :)

LOl, yes I was.

I must admit when I was still trying to lose weight, I would have stayed strictly legal, nothing more depressing that having to re-lose weight is there, but now I'm on maint I don't worry about the odd escess on holiday.

Yes, berries Jim. Only a small amount mind you. You may note that I've cut out cheese and Atkins bars and this weekend I've not been well. It was either a virus or my body having to readjust to lack of bars... God knows!

Back