What are we eating today?

Susie the pate is so easy and yum, sorry vague on amounts but it doesn't matter, you can hoik anything into pate and it ALWAYS comes out yummy!

400g chicken livers
slice or two of streaky bacon if you fancy - makes pate firmer but adds flavour
tiny sprinkle of onions - v approx level dessertspoon, I use frozen ones - can leave these out too
big squeeze of garlic paste - about 1/4 of a tube
mixed herbs - about level teaspoon
good slop of oil to fry - maybe 3 tabespoons
good slop of cream to blend - maybe 4 tablespoons
capful of whiskey (or brandy)
loads of salt and black pepper

Fry livers, onion, bacon, herbs and garlic in oil until done - 15 mins approx. Chuck in blender with the cream and whiskey and blend the bejapers out of it.
Taste and season.
Add more cream (or water or stock or something) if hardish - remember will solidify greatly once cooled and it's too late to sort then (still perfectly edible, just not as spreadable)
Try not to eat it all in one go. :rolleyes:

Waterworks- your day and menu, sounds like my perfect day. I love staying in and relaxing. Enjoy your night.

Relaxing in front of the fire myself with vodka martini; stirred not shaken, 2 olives.

ooooh Dietkitty, do tell on. Watching strictly myself. Love the fiery little redhead professional dancer Aliona. Kara is great. Looks to me like the ones with most confidence, do the best?

Last edited:
Well i had a 2 egg omlette yesterday morning when i got in from work, saw me through the day's sleep too which was good.

Today -

Not too good really. No food in the house as such n in a rush to get back to work again :(

Chicken selects from maccy d's n sour cream sauce. 5 for tea. 5 more around midnight.
Just got in from work (5am) and had a cinnamon mim with strawberries, splenda, butter n cream on top.

D. 3 x coffee's, all with milk as at work. 1 x can sf lilt. 1 x glass coke zero. sf squash.

Payday monday so can afford to eat again soon! Yay! lol. Normally like to have sunday roast round at my parents but cos i'm sleeping off nights n she's cooking at dinnertime rather than teatime i'll miss it today :( No idea what i'm having for tea tonight before work n taking into work. *sigh*

Morning all - cracking day here, hope it's same where you are :cool:

B - pork loins and eggs, 2 cups tea w soya milk
L - left over tandoori chicken w salad
D - chicken and cauli mash, I think (sorry to rub it in Claire but I got my fortnightly Tesco delivery last night so the fridge is heaving with yummy food - maybe getting it delivered would help?)
W - 2 litres
E - going for a walk

Enjoy! :D

Susie

night shift so upside down menu!
S gammon steak with cheese melted on
B yoghurt with ground almonds
L salad with home made coleslaw and corned beef
S half a mim
w..will try hard!
E going to work.

Hi All,

My first day doing this. So far:

B - 4 slices of low carb bacon and 2 low carb sausages
L - Steak with rocket, radishes, a couple of pieces of brocolli and some mozarella
D - Celery and full fat cream cheese and probably a couple of slices of bacon. Also some cream and 5-6 raspberries as a little treat.

Breakfast tomorrow will be

reheated egg and cheese omelette with a couple of slices of bacon based on your excellent suggestions.

Bit better than yesterdays takeaway binge . . .

B: 2 Sausage, 2 Bacon, Fried Egg and mushrooms
L: Chicken breast with mixed salad and dollop of coleslaw
D: Didn't have lunch until late but its Pork dinner for tea so may have a bit of pork and some broccoli and cauli in a bit if i get peckish

S: Apple and Watermelon jelly, bloody gorgeous!

Taz! Eureka moment here! Home made coleslaw, why didn't I think of that??? I have spent many minutes sadly mooning (not literally) over the chilled salads section in Tesco instead of making it myself. D'oh! :rolleyes:

B - Atkins bar (me likey them before a run)
L - salmon and my usual veg
D - cheeseburger pie (in the oven now and it's my first, so very excited!)
S - slice of corned beef, some pate with flaxseed crackers later, prolly half a mim for supper, thorntons diabetic chocolate turkish delight bar
W - buckets
E - 8.2m run - completely exhilarating as it was nippy this morning for the first time this autumn :D :D :D
A - definitely not - I've done very well for drink this weekend, and the scales are showing it! :eek:

B. cinnamon mim with cream
D. sleep zzzzzzzzz
T. chicken breast stuffed with grated cheese, wrapped in bacon then oven baked. cauli, brocolli n mayo.
T. (working nights) same as tea, made double

D. coffee with cream x 1, no doubt a couple coffees at work with milk, got some cans sf lilt left at work so no doubt one of those, sf squash

It was darn chilly at work last night - got down to 3'c and the gritters were out!

Had to butt in and say that Thorntons also do a wee selection bag of no added sugar diabetic choccies (like proper chocolates if you know what I mean), choc truffles, turkish delight, a hard caramel one - very yummy and mainly polyols so under 1g per choc (according to my calcs, please don't tell me I'm wrong!).
Anyway lovely for a treat 1 a night or 2 maybe ;)

I think there's 1 net carb in the turkish delight Suze. Snaffled it into me so quickly I forget now. :eek:

The side effects kicked in some time ago though, and I won't be rushing back to buy another one. Good for a bit of a Homer Simpson type 'spring clean' IYKWIM. :eek:

Oh dear. Worse than running to the loo now - the wind!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry if TMI! :eek:

Evening all

Sunday - 17/10 - Maint
B - ff greek yog with flaxmeal/flaxseed and splenda
L - mim made with flaxmeal - but a new one found in Holland and Barrett - with various ground nuts and Q10 enzyme - gave it a bit more crunch! spread with butter.
D - chicken and mushroom curry with cauli rice

W - about 2 litres (not really enough)
E - 2 walks with dogbert - about an hour and a half in total.
A - 1 glass of wine (large chardonnay) and 2 very large Baileys substitute (Asda Irish Knights) with ice - too yummy. oops now gone up to 3 glasses - must stop!

Last edited:
LMAO Water - you poor love I've been there! :kissass:

Luckily my system realised quite soon I was going to inflict sugar free stuff on it and gave up complaining :D

Sx

Sorry, that's my bottom there, no one else's LOL!

I opt for an Atkins Endulge crispy milk chocolate bar, 1.8 carbs and no side effects...

Oh blimey Suze - that's worse news! Are you telling me that if I keep on eating it things will get better? Almost worth the risk! Arrrrrgh! :eek:

morning :)
been a tad naughty friday and saturday.....

b - bacon mushies and eggs
L - roast pork salad and mayo
D - salmon with boursin and greens

ex - 85 leg masters and will do dog walk for 20-30 mins later depending on weather

w - lots and lots and black coffees too.

Back