What are we eating today?

First proper day of re-induction yesterday:
B: 4 sausages and an egg
L: Sri Lankan soup from Tesco (10g carbs tho...)
D: Frankfurter, cheese and some greens
S: Bit of cheese
W: A good amount
A: None
E: Just walking

Does anyone get Ketostix from Boots/Superdrug etc? I'm not diabetic but I fancy giving them a go. Do you just ask for 'Ketostix' at the chemist counter??

Does anyone get Ketostix from Boots/Superdrug etc? I'm not diabetic but I fancy giving them a go. Do you just ask for 'Ketostix' at the chemist counter??

I get mine over the net. I've heard they are a bit funny about Atkins dieters asking for them, not sure if anyone else has found that?

I get mine over the net. I've heard they are a bit funny about Atkins dieters asking for them, not sure if anyone else has found that?

Never asked for them in store but am sure some others on here have had issues like.

I get mine on ebay...much cheaper!

The sticks are not designed to detect ketosis which is why they're unreliable & also why they don't like to sell them to low carbers, they're actually to detect ketoacidosis which can be deadly for diabetics... there are much better ways to check if yr in ketosis, metallic taste in yr mouth, losing weight, peeing loads, glow in the dark pee, sticking to 20 carbs per day!!

Ok off my soap box now, can you tell I don't like ketostix!!:D

B: prawns in mayo
L: chicken stir fry
D: been casserole and green beans.
S: got cheese and cooked meats in the fridge.
W: loads as usual
A: none

The sticks are not designed to detect ketosis which is why they're unreliable & also why they don't like to sell them to low carbers, they're actually to detect ketoacidosis which can be deadly for diabetics... there are much better ways to check if yr in ketosis, metallic taste in yr mouth, losing weight, peeing loads, glow in the dark pee, sticking to 20 carbs per day!!

Ok off my soap box now, can you tell I don't like ketostix!!:D

But they are so motivating when they change colour lol. Infuriating for the first few days when they don't.

They can become a bit of an obsession though!

Thanks guys. Guess I'll look them up on the net then.

I've never used them before, I've always been happy with all the other signs of ketosis. They're just something I've wanted to try so I can say I've used them! Something to tell the grandkids (if I ever have them - need a GF first!)

I Love my Stix !!!!

B - sbacon and mush egg muffin
L - pork and rocket salad bit of mayo
D - huge turkey breast and greens
s - dont think so
ex - nope
a - nope
w - going for 5 litres. (had 2 already and one cup of tea) and loads black coffees

Thanks guys. Guess I'll look them up on the net then.

I've never used them before, I've always been happy with all the other signs of ketosis. They're just something I've wanted to try so I can say I've used them! Something to tell the grandkids (if I ever have them - need a GF first!)

I wouldn't bother Michael, it goes all over the place mate. :eek:

I wouldn't bother Michael, it goes all over the place mate. :eek:

Aye you're probably right. Just one of those things I want to try. Guess I'm trying to get into the new years spirit and try things I've never done before!

PS LVLLT - good to see a pic of you again!

Lol Jims story about the stix is my fav!
and thanks Michael x

B- egg omelette with a bit of cheese
Lunch - at work so will take some tuna mayo with cucumber with me
D- chicken salad probably
Snacks - will take a cheese stick to work with me
Water - none yet - hopefully 2 litres by the end of the day

Afternoon All
Wed 5/1/11 - Maint (1.8lbs down overnight - was up at 1am having a wee lol)
B - usual flaxmeal porridge and cream
S - sliced german sausage
L - cheese and mattesons omelette with savoy cabbage
S - tuna mayo and cucumber
D - home made burgers with stilton in the middle and cauli mash

W - 4 litres down - plus coffees
E - about an hour with dogbert in the freezing rain!
A - nope

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested, Britain's Fattest Man is on tonight on channel 4 at 9.35. His name is Paul Mason and he's from my hometown of Ipswich. It isn't me...honest.

Must watch that James if I can stay awake long enough - shattered today (hoping it's ketosis though). ;)

B - two fried eggs
L - whole packet corned beef
D - roast chicken drumsticks and green veg
S - cheese and probably a MiM for supper, about 12 brazils
W - loads and loads
E - no, did last 2 days - hip is sore so I need a break
A - definitely not

Must watch that James if I can stay awake long enough - shattered today (hoping it's ketosis though)

Good luck! ;) Just did another ketostick and spent 5 minutes analysing whether it was negative or traces. I decided on traces! It's been almost 4 days. Must be soon right?!?

Back