What are we eating today?

B: Atkins shake, supplements
L: Atkins shake, 3 chedder babybels
D: Steak, green beans, mushrooms
S: Cheese

W: 2L+
E: 3 mile walk

On day 5 now. 2.43am I did a Ketostick (i'm not obsessed...) and it was traces. 5am I did another one wanting more than traces...I got traces. 8am it was bloody negative.

Surely I should be in by now? I keep a diary of what I eat and drink. Carbs are below 20g a day. Only thing I can think of is i'm drinking tea with milk and Sainsburys 'Classic Cola' (switched from my beloved Pepsi Max because of the aspartame :( ). I count the tea as 1g of carbs (I even measure out 20ml of milk which is 1g!) and the coke as 1g a can.

Should I try and stick to 10g and below for a few days from just green veg and stick to water only?

J2BLUE- I'm sure someone will correctly me if i'm wrong but because of the amount of water you drink the ketones become more diluted and therefore they don't always show up on the stick. This doesn't mean that you aren't in ketosis.

Breakfast- 2 egg omelette with cheese
Lunch- liver! salad
Dinner - roast chicken
Water - lots hopefully
Exercise- none today

Thanks for that suggestion. I hope you're right, although it was always dark purple when I did it before (although I mainly drank Pepsi Max and not pure water).

B - bacon mush and egg muffin
L - pork and rocket salad and mayo
D - burgers with chilli and cheese and greenies
s - hope not
ex - supermarket sweep
w - yes going for 4 litres if not more plus black coffees
a - well ... yep date night

B -two boiled eggs
S-coffee with cream
L-smoked salmon with lettuce ,Boiled egg ,cream cheese and red onion
S- handful of peanuts
D- 2 small fillet steaks with asparagus , mushrooms and shallots with cream fraiche to make a sauce .

B & L: (went to see GP, then Lidl and then Tesco) chicken tikka, salad and mayo
D: pork steaks marinaded with camenbert melted on top and salad
S: cooked meats etc from fridge.
W: lots
A: probably, in-laws coming today and FIL drinks the same tipple as me and we normally put a fair bit away!

Thurs 6/1 - Maint eventually (3.3lbs of the Xmas blubber gone)
B - usual flaxmeal porridge
S - half of my tuna mayo with cucumber
L - 3 egg omelette with mattesons, cheese and rest of my cauli mash from last night (do you think a full cauli spread over 2 days is too much?)
D - chicken curry

E - shopping after work and hopefully a walk with dogbert - walk shortened due to blizzard!!!!
W - usual 4 litres plus coffees
A - nope

Last edited:
B: protein powder & yogurt
L: hungarian goulash soup
D: crabbies ham, egg, leeks & cabbage
S: atkins bar
W: 1 litre down I WILL do another today
A: yep its date night!

Hi Linzi,

what yoghurt do you eat? Is is suitable for induction?
Bored of eggs!!!!

Thanks

B/L cheesy mess (bits of left overs and cheese pinged, yum)
D chicken curry (bad choice today as it happens, but if i don't use the rest of it today it will walk out on its own)
A on the case as we speak
E hot tub session, scouring the fields for my missing hens
W erm, soz. kinda forgot.

B - bacon and eggs
L - soup
D - prawns, salmon and salad
S - olives

W - lots
E - not much
A - still being good

B: 2 babybels, 2 pepperami! (Yeah, I know...)
L: Chicken Tikka salad box from the canteen
D: Pepperami, packet of pork scratchings + 2 glasses of dry white wine. Didn't want to drink but friend was feeling a bit blue so went for a drink after work.
S: A couple of chocs...still haven't quite rid myself of christmas choc addiction.
W: Plenty
A: 2 glasses dry white
E: Walk to work, round town, walk back

Nothing to see here...move along move along...

It's surprisingly hard to re-adapt to low carb lifestyle. I'm sure it'll be easier in a couple of days..

b- cheese on toast (oopsie)
s- 2 babybels, small pepperami, small scratchings
l - mess! WAS tune salad but by the time i got round to eating it (packed lunch) it was a soppy tune filled mess BLEURGH!
STARVING TILL I GOT HOME!
5 chipoltas (3.5 carbs) cabbage and bacon, 2-3 vodkas, 2 liters water, 2 large coffees...

start again tomorrow and will seperate the tune from the salad leaves next time! grrrr

It's surprisingly hard to re-adapt to low carb lifestyle. I'm sure it'll be easier in a couple of days..

Oh Michael I think it's death by a thousand cuts the way you're doing it!! Would it be easier just to go totally cold turkey (literally, LOL!) I just know I couldn't mix choc etc with Atkins and survive - keeps the old carb cravings going! Induction is hard, but at least it gets a lot easier after the first couple of days. :)

Anyway, I'll shut up now. :D

B - two fried eggs
L - huge chicken caesar salad (I mean really huge)
D - my lord and master pie
S - sossies and a MiM with hazelnut butter for supper
W - loads - terribly thirsty
E - 0 hip sore will try small run tomorrow
A - 0 (will be very hard at the weekend though)

Deffo less hungry today than yesterday, also feeling more ketotic IYKWIM

I am with you WW - need to cut out everything with sugar for the first few days, gets the cravings over quicker and back in ketosis before you realise it. I have to say end of day 3 and am feeling fine, not really had any problems and have eaten when I felt hungry, I make sure I take enough to work to keep me going all day - breakfast before I go, a good snack for mid morning and afternoon and a good lunch then dinner at home, not needed supper either which tells me I have had enough during the day. I need to get my body back on track before I start having treats :)

Oh Michael I think it's death by a thousand cuts the way you're doing it!! Would it be easier just to go totally cold turkey (literally, LOL!) I just know I couldn't mix choc etc with Atkins and survive - keeps the old carb cravings going! Induction is hard, but at least it gets a lot easier after the first couple of days.

I am with you WW - need to cut out everything with sugar for the first few days, gets the cravings over quicker and back in ketosis before you realise it. I have to say end of day 3 and am feeling fine, not really had any problems and have eaten when I felt hungry, I make sure I take enough to work to keep me going all day - breakfast before I go, a good snack for mid morning and afternoon and a good lunch then dinner at home, not needed supper either which tells me I have had enough during the day. I need to get my body back on track before I start having treats

Both true - was my approach first time around. Truth is tho that I never lost my choc cravings - it was only discipline that kept me off them - even after keeping on induction/OWL1 for 2 months. Lost my cravings for pasta, rice, bread tho.

Back