What are we eating today?

My sons friend works in veg at tesco and i spoke to him about it tonight. He said ask if you cant see it as they usually have it in the cold store. He also said people ask him how to cook it so I passed on the knowledge :)

clare,
bacon and avocado on salad leaves, some chopped red pepper with a touch balsmamic vinegar/olive oil dressing makes a delish lunch
miriam

evenin all

yesterday:
b - prawns with mayo
l - ham & cheese
d - chicken stuffed with blue cheese wrapped in bacon & brocc/cauli

today:
b - smoked salmon
l - chicken & salad
d - smoked haddock cooked in cream, mustard & black pepper with spinach

Oh Hello, another new member, Hi pixi and welcome.

Morning all.

B: Left over Lamb Curry with some fried scallions and a bit of caulirice.
L: Something legal from the Carby Cafe.
D: I fancy a meat loaf so I've got some minced beef out. Not sure what veggies,
I'm fancying aubergines.

thanks Bren :) ooh another newbie. now we have stopped counting pmsl. thats number 4 :)

my menu in me diary ;)

B: Atkins shake, supplements
L: 2x cheese salad low carb pittas (I hate bringing these to work because they are so nice I start wanting them about 10am!)
D: Steak, veg

S: Cheese
W: 2L+
E: 3 mile walk

are they nice James then? Ive never really liked pitta bread. Like wraps though!

Morning all
B scrambled egg bacon and mushrooms
L salad with tuna
T beef stroganoff with cauli mash
w loads hopefully
A 0
E cleaning

Have a good day everyone x

are they nice James then? Ive never really liked pitta bread. Like wraps though!

They are amazing! 4g of carbs each and nothing like you would expect from a low carb pitta. They are quite thin and really soft so I use them for sandwich style pitta (I fold them because I can't be bothered trying to split them!) and also as a base for cheesy garlic bread (pitta warmed up, 10g garlic butter melted and topped with cheese) and my personal favourite pitta pizzas! I make them with 25g Sainsburys pizza sauce and mature chedder. That is 6g of carbs.

My family sometimes have Pizza Hut and I sit there with my pitta pizza and cheesy garlic pitta bread and don't feel left out at all!

I could happily base all my meals around them but I assume that is frowned upon :D

Edit: The company is 'Josephs' who also make wraps. Not sure if lowcarbmegastore sells them but avidlite do.

Thanks. Im so impressed at you having your atkins pizza whilst evereyone else eats pizza. you are fab :) and are you enjoying cooking?

Thanks. Im so impressed at you having your atkins pizza whilst evereyone else eats pizza. you are fab :) and are you enjoying cooking?

lol thanks, you too :) I only do it so I can sit there looking smug ;) although I genuinely don't feel like i'm missing anything.

I've always liked cooking. Used to cook pasta dishes a lot. I was a real carboholic and used to snack on crisps and bread a lot which was my downfall. That's why Atkins works for me. If I just cut calories an extra 100 calories for something doesn't seem like the end of the world and then it spirals. I need a strict carb controlled diet.

Me too :) Have you tried parmesan crisps yet if you do fancy some crisps? Im going to make some this weekend x

I made some with chedder and put mild chilli powder on them :D They were excellent. I will have to do those again, thanks for the reminder! They would be good for in front of the tv and are more exciting than just cutting a piece of cheese. You were right, I am a cheese snob :( There is only one I like now!

james Im deffo going to make some either tonight or tomorrow if i get chance. yummy. i like all sorts of cheeses :)

Back