What are we eating today?

B: Cheese + 2 sausage, 2 bacon, 1 fried egg
L: Coronation chicken salad box
D: Cheese
S: Couple of peperamis + 4 Sula sugar free sweets
W: Lots
A: None
E: Walk to work, walk home

How handy are those sugar free sweets! Was cake left in the office today - I nearly cracked but opted for the sugar free sweets instead - just sweet enough to take the edge off. Result!!

They are great, aren't they? But I can only have two before trouble happens!

B - not hungry, tea and water
L - chicken and greens
D - chilli mince and cabbage
W - 2 litres
E - walking around town
A - no

Haha yes, I've had a rumbly stomach (and other parts) since I ate them too!

I'm not sure how 'sugar-free' they actually are tho. I was doing a bit of reading about polyols last night and the Sula ones I bought have maltitol syrup in, which seems to have a fairly high GI score and can produce an insulin response. At what quantities tho I don't know. I only had 4 tho so not the end of the world tho!

I wish there was a perfect sugar free sweet!

I get Barnetts, which have isomalt, citric acid and sucralose in them. Isomalt seems to be Ok for diabetics from what I can see online - but only in small quantities. LCM sells them, and a shop near me at Greenwich too :)

Thanks for the info Felshy :) will check them out!

I suppose it's like anything really, can't have too much of a good thing.

You gotta love diabetics tho! What would we do for sweet things without them! :D Bless them. :)

Morning all.

B: Bacon, eggs and mushrooms, supplements
L: 2x cheesey garlic pitta breads
D: 3x Quorn sausages, veg

S: Cheese
W: 2L+
E: 30 mins treadmill I hope

Family coming round tomorrow so my mum is spending the day making homemade pizza (my favourite food ever!), white chocolate and malteser cheesecake and lots of other high carb stuff so i'm going to sulk until Monday!

I have ordered some choco perfection bars (supposedly the best low carb chocolate bar ever and recommended by Jimmy from Livin' La Vida Low Carb...). They have a GI of 'approximately zero' because they are sweetened with a sugar alcohol which has no effect on blood sugar (Erythritol) and a type of fibre from the chickory plant. It's claimed that the inventor of these bars ate three a day on her way to losing 100+ pounds (im sceptical!). Anyone tried these bars? They sound a bit too good to be true sweetened with fibre!

Would be most interested to hear about the choc bars - did you get them from the LCM James? Also well done on resisting your going away cake - I had the chance to do that at my daughter's birthday party last weekend and failed...:D

Yesterday:
B - two fried eggs
L - nuts, atkins bar (was out and about)
D - tons of tapas mostly very very illegal ;)
W - some
E - none
A - a bottle of wine and two V&Ts - work night out :D :D :D

I've missed the low carb treats this week - not to the point of desperation but they do make a nice change.

A "good" choc bar would be nice though.
:)

Just had a look at the chocoperfection bars as I'd kill for some chocolate I could eat. £3 each though. Way out of my financial league D:

Today's plans

B: spoonful peanut butter, chicken
L: I am thinking pancetta, flat mushrooms and brie
T: I got some big prawns in an attempt to treat myself instead of buying cake yesterday, so probably those. Am not sure why as I only like prawns -sometimes-.

mmmmm prawns - I got some too yesterday - as the fish counter was closing (BARGAIN!!). Bought a squid too so I'm thinking a fish curry with cauliflower rice.

Need to check on the carb count of squid to see how much onion I can squeeze into the curry.

Well....not a what did I eat list per se but was feeling guilty so...

L: 3 pints
S: Flax seed porride, as per Quak's recipe.

Went out this afternoon with a mate for a couple of drinks before he headed off to watch the football. Not the sort of venue that you can order anything but beer if you get me! Ended up having 3 pints, which I kind of feel guilty about but not to the point of worrying.

Needed some food after so came home and made some flax porridge. I'm late to the flax party but Amen to this stuff! So filling and so freakin' guilt free!

Followed Quak's recipe, totally awesome - cheers Quak!

Also, cheers J2 for the info on choc. I was mega excited until Piglet said about the price, £3 per bar - wowsers! :( Still, I'm tempted to get a couple...just for the sake of research, of course... :)

hi all.....
unsure why but have had a killer of a headache today, its gone to my neck and shoulders so have had a 'feeling sorry for myself' day today......

yesterday i had a carb packed chinese.....not the best idea so have made an effort today...and then tippled off the wagn at dinner grrr....so today...

nothing but water until about 2pm
MIM and paté
steak, peas, mushrooms and chips :S
no further cheating!!!!
had more water and coffee and no alcohol.

will try to be even better tomorrow!

Evening all
Glad you liked the porridge Michael :)
B - my awesome flaxmeal porridge with cream
L - half a slice of roast ham
D - rump steak, 2 big mushrooms roasted with boursin on them, a few bits of illegal root veg off the missus's tray
S - 4 thorntons mint truffles - diabetic of course

A - most of a bottle of red
E - walking round town in the freezing cold
W - not nearly enough

Today:

B - two fried eggs and two slices of bacon
L - nothing (see snacks later though)
D - two drumsticks, green veg
S - corned beef, atkins bars x 2 :eek:
W - not enough
E - 0
A - half a bottle of red, and a small vodka

B - Bacon and egg
L - Atkins bar
D - Chilli minced beef (nearly caved and had garlic bread!!!!!!)
A - 1 glass red
E - half mile walk

A few hours on, and got one hell of a headache and never suffer, is that wine whilst low carbing? If so im off it from now! :(

Sat
B bacon eggs mushrooms
L Atkins bar
D ribs broccoli
S chicken, coffee w/ cream, cheese
W nOt enough
E bit of a walk with the shopping
A no

Today
B cheese omelette, mushrooms
L lamb broccoli
D rest of lamb and broccoli