What are we eating today?

Oh I know! Wouldn't have made this far otherwise :)

By the way, left a post on the technology thread you might be able to help me with...

yesterday was a disaster , didnt eat anything illegal , but not enough veg/water etc . Still in pain so no exercise either .

today

B- pancakes
L- bacon and sausie
D- salt and chilli shredded chicen and turnip chips
s- nuts
W - will do better today
E - probably not :(

I'm exceedingly pleased with myself - went out yesterday for a bit of an extended session and didn't fall off the wagon. I can totally recommend the mixed grill from Wetherspoons. The meat isn't up to *that* much but makes a good low carb meal out. The menu said it came with chips/jacket potato as well but I asked for it without them which was no problem! Yay!

Thanks for that Michael. That will save me poring over the menu on Saturday.

Today so far:

Brunch (woke up late) : 1/4 chicken with skin, cup mushrooms, 1/2 cup spinach, 2 fried eggs, 2 slices gouda, 1 bratwurst, 2 tbsp mayo

Dinner: Parmasan chicken wings, 1 chicken thigh, chicken pieces, 2 tbsp mayo, cup romaine, 1/2 cup spinach, 10 olives

Snack: Mock danish (omg lush)

Last edited:
I also recommend the chicken breast with bacon and cheese, you can ask for it without the bbq sauce, or just have it on the side instead. (wetherspoons lol)

Well folks after a totally legal day yesterday the scales went up again this morning, am getting right fed up with this now, so much so that I caved and had some bread at lunchtime :( sorry folks.

Thats actually what I had last week Bren. Ordered it with the baked potato coz I knew that wouldnt tempt me in the slightest whereas Id pick at chips. Think the barman fancied me mind you coz he pointed out to everyone else where the coniments were but went and got me butter for my potato which I had no intention of eating anyway, lol.

I find the scales fluctuate so much when Im on Atkins that it really is pointless weighing more than once a week. I still do it mind you, lol.

I know but mine are only going one way currently so it matters not how often I weigh and how good I am - seriously annoyed with it and myself.

Losing weight isnt your priority right now so theres no point beating yourself up about it. Stay legal and away from the scales for a while and they will soon be going in the other direction.

I know, I know, just everything seems to be getting the better of me - must make an effort to stop feeling so bloody sorry for myself.

Oh honey don't be daft, you have lots on your mental/emotional plate right now - and there will be moments where it's all a bit much - but that's what we're here for, let it all out. You are one of the kindest and most supportive people I've met here, and it's now your turn for some support xxxxx

Sometimes you are allowed to feel sorry for yourself you know so you certainly shouldnt be feeling bad about doing so. It is ok to put yourself first now and again.

I agree. I feel sorry for myself all the time. I think you're a wonder, Bren.

Hi All,

B: Quax Flax
L: Baxters beef consomme + some stilton
D: Mackerel
S: Will probably have just a little bit of thornton diab. choc later.
W: Plenty
A: Just opened a bottle of Sauv Blanc - hopefully low carb!
E: Just a 30 min walk

:)

oops to compound it all the MiL bought us a chinese takeaway for dinner after we sorted our her new dvd/video machine - the only bright spot being my fortune cookie which read........................

the weekend ahead predicts enjoyment :D (so there - it must be true lol)

And fortune cookies are always right! :)

I love that scene out of the Big Chill, one of them is telling the others about a fortune cookie her friend opened which said "You'll never amount to anything." :D:D:D

I thought u meant you'd had 2 litres of alcohol so far today! Hahaha!

Oops thats where im going wrong lol, now I know where the bad heads are coming from!!! Yes that should read water. x

D: A WaterWorks special aka a whole 115g bag of thornton's diabetic toffee, eek!

Michael, I posted that as a warning, NOT something to aspire to you nutjob!

Bren, give yourself a break hun, will talk properly next weekend, but you're such a sweetie I hate to see you beating yourself over the head about what the scales say or don't say petal. xxx

B - two fried eggs
L - scallops with a bacon, cream, white wine, pepper & garlic sauce - TO DIE FOR! ;)
D - two drumsticks and a sossie
S - s/f choc and bars, scratchings, burger, mim with pate and cheese (that's a lot)
W - lots
A - 0 :D
E - 6m run :D

Back