What are we eating today?

Morning all

B: Roast pork fried up with onions and fennel
L: The Carby Cafe today
D: Beef, aubergine and courgette casserole in the slow cooker, with spring cabbage

Morning all. Caved yesterday. Thankfully it was just an hour of madness rather than 5-6 days off. I'm in glucosis and it sickens me! Straight after I jumped on the treadmill for 41 minutes and I loved it. Been so stupid. I have all this exercise equipment which I hardly ever used and got complacent with my carb count, having too many pittas etc.

So i'm back, stricter than ever and going to exercise an hour a day, no excuses. The sun is shining and it's getting warmer; summer is coming! Time to get serious.

Going as high fat, low carb as possible:

B: Cheese, supplements
L: Jalapeno almonds, cheesestrings
D: Bacon, eggs, mushrooms

E: 1 hour treadmill
W: 2L+

Good on you for getting straight back on, J. I worry about how samey your food gets sometimes though. I mean I am the sort of person who can eat the same things over and over, but on Atkins I think a little variety helps keep your body on it's toes. Try having say some cream cheese and cucumber for breakfast, or cream cheese with salmon. Swap your almonds for a few macadamias now and them. Have chicken stuffed with pepperoni and mozzarella instead of bacon and egg. Those will all keep your fat levels high but give you a little change and something fresher to eat. We all want to be thin asap but we're not machines. You're doing fantastically and one tiny gain won't waylay that. Xx

Thanks Rose, good advice. To be honest though I can rarely be bothered in the mornings, I love the almonds and they're so convenient for work and as for dinner, I don't get home until 5.45 and by then I can't be bothered either lol.

I like my menu although I do worry about getting the vitamins and minerals, hence the multivitamin. I will make more effort though!

Hi guys.

B-Chorizo sausage and mushroom omelet
L-Cheezie MiM with tuna( might add the tuna to the mug next time)
D-not sure yet, veg and maybe a sausage.

Hi All, Not a fab day for me but I have resolved a few issues over the weekend and I am going to follow Jim and be as clean and green as possible (after today when I have got rid of my rubbish!!)....well aprat from my protein shakes that I am ordering from when I start work yiippeee xxx

B - Protein shake and cream
S - atkins bar
L - Chicken salad
S - Atkins bar
D - Steak salad (with bacon bits yummy!!)
S - atkins bar (at last they are gone!!)

Re-doing my food plan to remove all atkins and polyols to ascertain what is causing my stalling

Hope everyone is okay today? xxx

I know!! Not affected by the atkins bars in that dept but I just need them out of the house as I am getting sugar craving after eating them, but not protein shakes. I do add some cream to my powdered shakes so I suppose the higher fat content does increase my cravings.

The only LC food that gives my problems is thorntons, boots diabetic stuff is fine. lol!!!!
xxx

Hi All,

Hungry Monday:

B: Quax Flax, 2 babybels, 2 peperamis
L: Subway salad box
S: Peperami
D: 2 fillets of mackerel
W: Plenty
A: A glass of Sauv Blanc
E: Walk to work (25 mins-ish)

Nothing to report really. Standard Monday...aka the day I never quite manage to fully wake up on.

Back in ketosis less than 24 hours later! I love you Atkins! Thank God for that. Now for the 'I will never be so stupid again' speech!

So glad to be back in. If nothing else it has remotivated me. No pittas today, more veg, no fizzy and more water. Also going to exercise daily. No excuse not to.

*starts to dream of raising the bat and acknowledging the crowd after the century*

b- atkins bar
l- sausage roll (24 carbs) somebody upset me !!!! great adult reaction !!
d- chicken and veg
s- jelly and cream

must do better !!!

Hi all, I have been strict on Atkins since Friday (Thursday I had abit of a blip day whilst I was on a course). I am worried Im not doing something right...as i have tried atleast 5 kitosis stick since yesterday evening and they are not changing colour at all!!

Please can someone help. Im scared to stand on the scales incase I have put on a load of weight!!

Here is what I have eaten today....I think I might start putting my food diary on here so people can let me know if I have slipped up.

Breakfast, GYM ;-) and cocoa MIM (3) with butter.

Lunch,(ate at work) 1/2 mug of salad(1),cumberland sausage(praying its not a high carb one but will allow 5Carbs),ham,boiled egg,mayo. Cheese (2carb)

Dinner, garlic butter, Mug of kale & 3 mushrooms (6Carbs), chilli powder, bouillion, Mayo, steak and prawns.

Snack...accidently ate a wrong atkins bar which isnt allowed in induction (2Carbs)...what will this mean eeeeek!?

19Carbs in all.

Have decided to cut out cream as I was really ENJOYING it and worried that might be stalling me.

Am I eating too much? Im goin to weigh myself in the morning and see if I have put on. Any ideas for getting into kitosis?

Cheers,

Chelle.

xx

Back in ketosis less than 24 hours later! I love you Atkins! Thank God for that. Now for the 'I will never be so stupid again' speech!

So glad to be back in. If nothing else it has remotivated me. No pittas today, more veg, no fizzy and more water. Also going to exercise daily. No excuse not to.

*starts to dream of raising the bat and acknowledging the crowd after the century*

Im soo jealous that your in kitosis...and soo quickly too!

xx

James well done on getting back on the diet so quickly after your blip. Can't wait to be one of the people congratulating you on losing your hundred - it'll be in no time!

I have come to terms with the fact that I'm just coasting towards this weekend, not remotely legally, but next Monday I HAVE to go clean and green if I want to fit into my dress 2 weeks afterwards for my big 'do'. Must do is a good master and all that.

B - two fried eggs
L - chicken breast, lettuce, parmesan shavings, caesar dressing
D - two salmon fillets with cream/cheese sauce
S - a gazillion kilos of diabetic chocolate, plus other crap I should know better than to poison myself with ;)
W - lots
E - 0
A - 0 - saving myself for the weekend :D :D :D

Brunch : Bratwurst, Gammon steak, 2 fried eggs, cup romaine, 2 tbsp mayo, MiM, Butter, 2 slices gouda

Snack: 2 hard boiled eggs mashed with butter

Dinner: Doner meat, mayo, 30g cheese, cup romaine

Morning all,

B: Beef, aubergine and courgette casserole
D: something with prawns, I got a bag out of the freezer this morning. Probably fry them up in OO and chilli and garlic with steamed spring cabbage and curly kale

Morning all,

B: Beef, aubergine and courgette casserole
D: something with prawns, I got a bag out of the freezer this morning. Probably fry them up in OO and chilli and garlic with steamed spring cabbage and curly kale

That Prawn and kale mix with the chillis sounds lovely! Going to join you in that for dinner tonight.
Have a good day Jim. Can I ask what the carby cafe is that you have mentioned on here...it sounds like a BAD cafe to me lol!

x

Ah yes Michelle

The carby Cafe is my generic name for any of the Cafe's around e in Birmingham ;)

Back