What are we eating today?

Hi all, I have been strict on Atkins since Friday (Thursday I had abit of a blip day whilst I was on a course). I am worried Im not doing something right...as i have tried atleast 5 kitosis stick since yesterday evening and they are not changing colour at all!!

Sorry, missed this.

First of all, 5 ketostix in one night is pointless, you won't suddenly pop into ketosis. Once a day max, in the morning the first time you go to the loo. No other time of day - most people show less ketosis in the evening as they've been drinking all day and being well hydrated means sometimes ketoss shows up very very mildly or not at all.

Second, the stix aren't the be all and end all. They're designed for diabetes not atkins, they're just a handy checking system for us. Some people in ketosis never show a result on the sticks.

You might be a little slow getting back into it after your blip. I'd suggest cutting out any mims and any bars for 4 days and checking your results then, not before. You don't need to cut out cream, but keep it to 1 or 2 spoonfuls if you're worried about it.

B - 80g cheddar and 1 boiled egg
L- tuna and sweetcorn mayo and chicken salad
D- carrot and coriander soup (homemade)
Bacon and cabbage
S- some cream, splenda and coconut
W- yep
E- definitely at some stage

B - smoked salmon scrambled eggs
L - sausages and chilli mayo (hot! :))
D - keema curry and celeriac mash
S - to be decided

A - nope
W - lots
E - long walk up hill fort with Zed and Mr J

b- nothing felt yucky
l- spicy chicken breast from the deli
d- home made saag panner. yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
s- was so naughty and ate half a bag of cadburys animal biscuits with isobelle. 7g carbs for half a bag. very naughty!
w- not enough yet
e- lazy bum today
a - none :)

b- half atkins bar
l- cheese and bacon turn over 23g!!!!!!!!! will do better
d- bacon eggs and mushrooms
s- jelly and cream

I know ...but it was an emotional feed ....... thats why i'm in this state !!! will do better x

Aw hun, I'm sending you good old Scottish hugs! They're the best kind of hugs! ;)

Today, not really overly hungry so...

B: nothing
L: attempt at low carb pancakes with lemon & splenda. Turned out more like scrambled eggs but with lemon and splenda! lol!
S: pepperami hot and a babybel.
D: honestly cant decide. Cant even talk myself into eating with the promise of a kebab (minus the bread ofc)

E: I walked to and from work 4 times today (granted its a 2min walk, but thats a whole 8mins of walking I did today!)
W: been drinking tea like i need it to breathe
A: not a drop

all that walking ................ put your feet up honey !! xx

B- sausie's an poached eggs,and a fried mim :eek: oink oink

S - atkins daybreak bar

D - big al burger , fried onion , spinach and cauli mash :eek: hungry day today

T - pancaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakes :D

E - aquafit and a 15 min walk
W - emmm pass
A - none

41754-albums3015-picture17813.jpg

First attempt so be gentle! They're not as burnt as they look - I put some cocoa powder and cocoa flax in.

Also,

B: Quax Flax +2 babybels and a peperami
L: Subway salad box
S: Peperami
S: half a 10g bag of mini pretzels - approx 10g carbs.
D: See above!
A: See above!
W: Lots
E: Walk to work, walk home

Haha edible! :D

nice fresh lemon .................... good effort did they taste nice ? xx

Haha no, they were surprisingly nice though I think I maybe used a touch too much egg. I hadn't had pancakes for years and really fancied some - figured some low carb experimentation was better than an olde-style pancake blowout.

Are you indulging Mrs Q? :)

Hahaha yeah! nice and fresh (and long-lasting!)

Yeah they were good-ish thanks. Not perfect but 7/10 territory. First time so I wasn't sure about the consistency. A little bit thicker next time with a little less egg.

Yes, me and the missus had a betty crocker mix but it is virtually all I have had today (and I used splenda not sugar for topping)..............

The shake to make ones? I considered taking the day off and getting one of those! Was it worth it? Good call on the Splenda! :)

I think even with these low carb pancakes I've probably pushed myself a bit over the daily limit.

Last edited:
Back