What are we eating today?

B - nothing as I was in a rush. I know its wrong!
L - chicken breast with brussel sprouts
D - Dunno yet
E - The Tube in the morning incl. Sauna ;)

I finally got to boots to buy some Atkins breakfast bars. Cannot see another egg in the morning for a while tbh.

Dinner ideas welcome!

dana: Not quite as convenient but boots online have a discount on atkins bars ATM! I bulk brought some this morning :D xx

Well today I have had

B- Atkins choc and orange bar
L-cheeseburger pie (a quarter of) some cucumber and lettuce
D- 2 homemade lamb burgers and some mushrooms and Mayo
S-a babybel, 3 slices of corn beef and I may have to have a choc mim later! Don't know what's wrong today but I'm starving

E-1 hr in the gym :)

Does this sound about right for day 8? I'm still really unsure about portion sizes and I feel like a big pig lol

Vikki x

Yesterday:
B - Bacon, mushrooms, egg
L - Prawns and sauce dip thing from M&S - gorgeous
D - Low carb sausages, cauliflower cheese, broc and cabbage

S - Chicken satay sticks
W - enough

Today
B - Greek yogurt with Lizies granola from low carb megastore (really nice)
L - Chicken & Bacon salad with mayo
D - Chicken breast with bacon and cheese, Celeriac mash, mixed veg

S - Small piece of chocolate cake in work, still fuming with myself
W - not enough today

For some reason i feel guilty about the food i have eaten today (chocolate cake aside!!) i think it was the celeriac mash, it tasted far more normal than i had expected.

astraea said:
Well today I have had

B- Atkins choc and orange bar
L-cheeseburger pie (a quarter of) some cucumber and lettuce
D- 2 homemade lamb burgers and some mushrooms and Mayo
S-a babybel, 3 slices of corn beef and I may have to have a choc mim later! Don't know what's wrong today but I'm starving

E-1 hr in the gym :)

Does this sound about right for day 8? I'm still really unsure about portion sizes and I feel like a big pig lol

Vikki x

Some people can get insulin spikes from the atlins bars polyols - suggest you track bars vs hunger to see if there is a trend.
Otherwise just eat when hungry but not to stuffed! :)

Ah did not know that!! I'll keep an eye out although having a bar for breakfast has kept me not hungry till lunch time which is good for me!

B - Scrambled eggs, sprinkle of cheese (wont bother with that again) small piece of toast (oops but I wanted bacon and couldn't have it)
L - chicken
D - Chicken again, cabbage, courgette, ham and mushroom sauce
S - daybreak bar, 1/4 choc mim with tsp extra thick cream, small bag scratchings as still not had dinner
W - just 2l, 1 large tea, 1 small coffee
A - no
E - headache wont allow any

Morning all, Yesterday

B: Poached eggs on toast.
L: Left over lamb casserole and spinach with pak choi
D: Pork chops and steamed kale and spring greens

B: Bacon and eggs
L: Garlic butter fried chicken and cheese
D: Steak and garlic butter fried mushrooms

S: Babybels/Nuts

E: 1 hour +
W: 2L+

There's an advert on this site that really winds me up. At the bottom it says 'Failed again? Forget dieting and have weight loss surgery instead' :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: That's the answer isn't it? Forget making an effort and have surgery. I know for some it's a necessary measure but the way they worded it winds me up! /rant

james ............... wheres your veg ? xx

Lol :)

Maximum willpower required today - forgot my lunch and spent the day in an office full of fish and chips and cakes. Not enough veg today but I'm so pleased I didn't give in to temptation :D

B: Philly wrapped in ham
L: tin of tuna and some mayo
D: kebab and garlic mayo!!!
S: slice of meatloaf and a crustless quiche
W: 3 litres
E: climbed the stairs to the 7th floor then another 20 trips upstairs carrying heavy computer equiptment.:stickdance::stickdance:

a pitta pizza .......... lovely and salad
ham salad
half an atkins bar

bad head today so just dog walk

Day 5 - Still going

B - Greek yogurt with granola again (Lizzies low carb treacle & peacon granola, tastes like muller crunch corner - gorgeous)
L - Couple of low carb sausages (busy day so no time for anything else)
D - Char Sui Foo Yung from chinese takeaway

W - Not enough again, but the Vodka & Tonics must have made up for it
S - Veg sticks dipped in sainsburys lemon & corriander houmous, handfull of salted almounds (only 40p in home & bargin, 4g net carbs per pack)
E - Too busy today

Right, i've tried to motivate myself over the last month or so and i've been rubbish. I just can't do it anymore. Atkins got me 7 stone of the way and after planning to have one day off i've been messing about for 6 weeks. It's so weak and pathetic but I just can't get started again despite doing everything I can think of to find some motivation. I can't believe i'm saying this after all i've said and all i've found out about low carb diets but i'm off to Weight Watchers for a few weeks.

I'll be back on Atkins soon but I want to get back down below 18 stone again.

Thanks for all your support and best of luck to all of you!

Day 6 - Found it hard today

B - Bacon, Mushroom and Egg
L - Roast Pork
D - Lamb curry with low carb tortilla wrap(tastes very similar to normal ones) with big green salad

S - Veg sticks with houmous
W - Not enough

Back