Food Diary for my 7,367th "Fresh Start"

kazbang

Hello.

Having been recently diagnosed with under active thyroid (currently on day 5 of being on levothyroxine), I have been on a little self sabotage mission the last few days.

6 weeks of being on plan and gaining each week has not been very motivating. I have previously lost 1st in that time. At least I now know the reason!

So, today looked like this:

Breakfast - pears and plums chopped and picked at. Overslept, so it was a desk breakfast at work!

Lunch - salmon fillet x 2, roasted peppers, aubergine and new potatoes.

Snack - 2 x cream slices. Only had allowed for one, but they were bought at the end of the day so the nice lady gave me 2. 40 syns inhaled.

Dinner - MuscleFood lime and chilli chicken, cous cous, spinach and courgettes. Side helping of cake-eatibg regret.

Tomorrow is another day, right? :(

Hi I also have an under active thyroid :(

I have just started back on plan

xxxx

Hi I also have an under active thyroid :(

I have just started back on plan

xxxx

Hi. It's good to know we are not alone. Have you had it long? I was over-active until 6 years when I had the radioactive treatment. I am looking forward to my levels being normal and losing weight again!

Yesterday's food diary:

Breakfast - an orange & 4 gallons of coffee
Lunch - HEB Hovis sandwich with lettuce, cucumber & chicken. Puft crisps (3.5 syns)
Dinner - steak, peppers, onions, broccoli & spinach stir fry. Sauce - oyster sauce, garlic, ginger, chili. Served with noodles. All free!
late night snack - strawberries, meringue & cream. All bringing me up to my 15 syns. Then I had another packet of Puft. Bugger. Gotta stop over-eating & over-synning. I wasn't even hungry - just felt fat and sad.

New day today. Again.

*finds positive attitude from somewhere*

I feel your pain, I think this attempt at SW has been my millionth attempt! I'd focus on all the good stuff you're eating though, yeah you might have had too many crisps etc but we all do that or we wouldn't be here haha. The rest of your food looks really good, just imagine what you'd be eating if you weren't following slimming world :) Don't beat yourself up!

and cake only helps for a split second before it becomes the problem again.. speaking from experience ;)

I did it! I went the WHOLE day cake-free! And, it was "I have a new oven and made cup-cakes" day, along with two birthdays (more cakes and treats from Tesco) and one of our managers apologised to her team for being in interviews all week but bringing in a tuck shop worth of sweets!

Breakfast - 35g oatbran (made with water) and strawberries. It looks a little bit like gruel, but it was OK. The strawberries were definitely needed to sweeten it
Lunch - Jacket spud topped with a red onion chutney - check out Elfy Eating on FB. Her recipes are brilliant and simple. I had a small pot of cherry plum tomatoes, too. Love those sweet things. The spud was good and kept me full all afternoon
*DANGER ZONE* (when I enter the kitchen after work hungry and on the prowl). I had Linda McCarthy's red onion sausages cut up in the fridge, so picked at a couple of those. Screw you, danger zone! I WIN! Free food really is great! (Yes, I *know* I *should* have had speed food first, but it wasn't cake. I am taking that as a win!)
Dinner - Rice with a fake Nando's thingy. I get one of the roasting bags and bung in chopped chicken breast, peppers, onions and mushrooms. All chopped a decent size so they don't fall apart. Pop in the oven for 35 minutes and they all cook in their own juices and are LOVELY! The whole sachet of Nando's rub was 3.5 syns, so it worked out to be just under 2 syns for dinner! Plus, no big pots to wash up :woohoo:

PM "snack" - salt and sweet popcorn - 4.5 syns

Total syns - 6.5

Bring it on, Friday!

Well done!!! :) I love those roasting bag things too, I tell myself that it's not really lazy because they taste so nice.. but really even if it was only adequate I'd cook them just so I didn't have to wash up haha! I've never had those Linda Mcartney sausages but everyone seems to like them, are they like quorn sausages?

Well done!!! :) I love those roasting bag things too, I tell myself that it's not really lazy because they taste so nice.. but really even if it was only adequate I'd cook them just so I didn't have to wash up haha! I've never had those Linda Mcartney sausages but everyone seems to like them, are they like quorn sausages?

Hi - sorry, been offline a few days. No - they are so much nicer than quorn sausages! Well worth a try.

So, the dreaded weigh in day. Not looking forward to this one - * week and thyroid still being wobbly will probably add to a gain.

Isn't Mother Nature and (attempting to) lose weight a fun combination...

hey hun,

i have had an under active thyroid for 2 years

good luck for weigh in day xxxx

Back