what are you going to do after LT?

tafflass

Silver Member
hey all x

just wondering what everyones plans are when you've done your time on lipotrim ?

i know about refeeding but at a loss as to what to do after that.
been thinking of doing slimming world but i'm worried that there is no portion control.
now thinking weight watchers coz they have portion control and can't eat too much.
would like to think i could do it on my own and just eat right but i know that won't happen.
i'm finishing lipotrim first week in december so will still have a stone or so to lose.
anyone have any thoughts?

Hmm...at the moment I'm thinking I'll keep a food diary & count calories. I've done that quite successfully in the past, so fingers crossed!! I imagine there'll be a fair amount of trial & error involved though; just need to keep an eye on it, so if the weight starts creeping up I'll need to act fast! Meep! Scary stuff!!

Hannah

it is scary!
i just wanna be prepared for when my time comes.

if you've been fine doing the food diary before,you should be fine.can't believe your time is nearly here x

I think we cant all be on some sort of diet for the rest of our lives so the sooner you get into the habit of eating 'right' the sooner it will become second nature.

Sure you will have a few bad days but aslong as you learn to handle them and balance everything out theres no reason why people should be on some sort of diet.

My plan is simply refeed and then healthy & sensible eating.
This i feel is the best way. :)

EDIT:
oh if you go to a BMR calculation site (http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/) Input your age, height and weight it will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain your weight you are at now.

To lose weight you need to multiply it by a number dependent on how active you are.

So i guess for the first few weeks after refeeding i will be watching portions and calories and then i hope to be able to do it on my own :)

I, well and you guys have to crack this at some point :D

yeah but i still wanna lose more weight,at least another stone or 2 after lipotrim.
i know that once i've done that though that i will be able to eat healthily and stay around target.

Ahhhh i thought you meant you wanted to do WW/SW or something to maintain - didnt realise you wanted to lose more! :p

I'm going to have my last weigh-in on 26th October and then plan to do the re-feed. After that I'm going to just eat sensibly and then join Slimming World the first week in January. I felt the same about the portion sizes but thought I would try doing the 'Extra Easy' plan. I've always done alright on Slimming World before - it was just the amount of weight I had to lose that got me frustrated. I'm hoping now that I've lost almost all of my weight I'll be able to re-join successfully. I'm also hoping to take up jogging with my sister - she's been doing it for a while and looks great. Hopefully that will work with me too! x

i put weight on doing extra easy.oops!

i was thinking of doing red days so i have fewer carbs.

good luck to you hun when you go.you'll be fine.
i mean you've lost so much doing something so restrictive that you'll be able to cope with anything you decide x

Please don't count calories, count carbohydrates. You can enjoy liberal amounts of beef, pork, chicken, fish, seafood and vegetables as long as you limit your carbohydrate intake.

I plan to do re-feed for 2 weeks, then follow the RC plan. Have my first meeting next Monday. I know it's not as popular as WW/SW but there is a class right next door to where I live, and I like the idea of the exercise built in

Please don't count calories, count carbohydrates. You can enjoy liberal amounts of beef, pork, chicken, fish, seafood and vegetables as long as you limit your carbohydrate intake.

Heh, if that was aimed at me I'm veggie, so pretty much everyone of those suggestions disgusts me!!

Hannah

Han Han: Tough luck... it is possible to do low carb as a veggie as well, but that's certainly not my area of expertise, and sounds pretty painful.

well Taff, my plan is to refeed from 4th december for 3 weeks (should take me right up to xmas eve) and join weightwatchers on 30th Dec (as wednesday is my local meeting day!)

i'd love to think i can do it alone, but i obviously cant so that is the plan! and apparently once you get to your goal and become a "gold" member, you dont have to pay anymore and you can just pop along to your meeting once a month or so whenever you want to just to keep an eye on your weight.

i never got on well with slimming world but i have done well with weight watchers before.

just have a think about it taff, you're refeeding same week as me so keep in touch and we'll help each other!!! xxx

i'll be doing it by myself. think as most my life ive maintained a healthy weight i should be fine (hopefully)
its about making good choices and portion controll. find it helps when u plan what ur cooking for the week and when u shop only buy what u need, less temptation to snack on bad things.
x x

I'm returning to calorie countign and a food diary too. Diet clubs don't work for me- I always found a way 'around' the 'rules' so I never lost weight. On WW for example I'd save my points for extra beer at the weekend, or just waste them on cr*p food, kidding myself that as long as I stayed within my points I should lose- then wondering why I didn't!!
I was maintaining for over a year cc-ing, but nothing was taking the weight off- except LT. So I (& my GP) reckons that having LT take the excess off, I should be fine returning to cc-ing as I knew what to eat- how much to eat, and how to cook it. Please God anyway!! I've been doing it for nearly 3mths now successfully, and return to TFR on Friday to lose the last bit (or get as much off as I can before my shakes run out! LOL!) so hopefully I'll be able to do it long-term?

I would like to think that I would be able to manage with sensible choices, lots of lean meat, fish, vegetables, brown pasta's etc and a sweet treat once a week. I'm going to try and have only one carb a day ie 1 portion of bread or 1 portion of cereal or 1 portion of pasta/potato etc per day.

If it seems to be a bit of a struggle I might go back to WW as did quite well on them before - or may even do SW but unsure about the portion control side on that one though I love the idea of not having to weigh stuff out etc.

thats why i've decided to do red days only on slimming world.
will have a portion of lean meat or fish with veg or salad etc then have to weigh out a healthy extra amount of cereal,pasta,bread,spuds etc and can only have max 2 portions a day.
i'm hoping its gonna work.can see no reason it wont and fingers crossed i can lose another stone or 2 in the process x

I'll be making a conscious effort to keep my carbs down (I love bread, pasta, rice, etc.) and I reckon that's got a lot to do with my gain. I'll also be exercising more.

hi taff, my pharmasist wants me to do a low carb, but i`m finding it a little hard to take in everything so i`m going to refeed for 10days then it`s going to be calorie counting for me i think if nt i`m thinking of sw and mainly red days until i get down to target.. i know when i come off LT in 3 weeks time i wont be down to my target, but i`m hoping once i get my sisters 40th and my wedding anniversary out of the way i can do the rest on my own xx
I feel so scared when i think of it though as i`m petrified of putting the weight back on xx

Back