What are you looking forward to when goal weight is acheived?

I'm looking forward to:

- wearing tops that don't have to be loose for me to feel comfortable and not having to choose everything in a style that hides everything I don't like :eek:
- not being heavier than all of my friends, including male friends (who are all either short and slim or tall and super-skinny :rolleyes:)
- being able to look in the mirror and at photographs and feeling proud and happy instead of embarrassed
- not having to worry that I'm too big or too heavy to do things
- feeling stronger, healthier and happier with myself :)

Im doing ww since jan, im a very target driven kinda person so the weekly weigh ins help me alot plus i wouldn be strict enough not to cheat if i didn have the weekly weigh...

Im going to read that article now thanks a mill

Xc

caroline g said:
Err I'm not really. I'm just watching what I eat, cutting out all the crap and trying to stick to 1200-1500 calories a day.

I think you might be being a little ambitious with 4lbs a week to be honest. 2lbs is the recommended amount to lost a week in a healthy way. Though you'll probably lose more in your first week (I lost 7.5lbs) because of water weight etc. and the first week is always the biggest! Though 2lbs is a general thing really, you could lose a bit more a week and still be fine. But I think some people go for higher losses to the detriment of their body and health. After all, 4lbs a week means a deficit of 2000 calories a day! (1lb of fat is the equivalent of 3500 calories, 4lbs 14000 calories, divided by 7 =2000! Sorry if that seems patronising, was just incase you didn't know how it works!)

What's your kind of plan for it?

Haha Caroline, no it doesn't sound patronising at all! I have had my head in the clouds for too long when I should of been dieting so I really don't have a clue! So any advice or suggestion are greatly appreciated! I think maybe you are right and if I were to aim for 2lbs a week then if I do lose an extra pound or two just see it as a bonus! This is my general plan to be combined with 5x 30mins workouts (mikayla dodds DVD) and approx 6 glasses of water per day:

Breakfast:
Special k oats and honey with semi skimmed milk

Mid morning:
Apple

Lunch:
Tescos light choices cup of soup, one slice of granary bread with low fat spread and a ww vanilla yoghurt

Mid afternoon:
Banana

Dinner:
Quorn fillet with baby new pots, broccoli, leeks, sprouts, carrot and sweede mash (all steamed)

What do you think? As I say I haven't a clue really so any tips will be gratefully received! X

Really enjoyed reading your post and some of my reasons for wanting to lose 4stones are the same as yours. I have some others aswell!! Wear a bra witout straps digging in! Ankles that have some shape! Confidently walking along the beach without a strategically placed sarong that doesn't actually hide any of my fat! Anyway here's hoping that we both are quite a bit lighter by the summer xxxx good luck Steph

sam1967 said:
Really enjoyed reading your post and some of my reasons for wanting to lose 4stones are the same as yours. I have some others aswell!! Wear a bra witout straps digging in! Ankles that have some shape! Confidently walking along the beach without a strategically placed sarong that doesn't actually hide any of my fat! Anyway here's hoping that we both are quite a bit lighter by the summer xxxx good luck Steph

Good luck to you also Steph! I could list 100s of reasons to be honest and just reading everyone else's has inspired and motivated me even more! Thanks everyone! x

Im doing ww since jan, im a very target driven kinda person so the weekly weigh ins help me alot plus i wouldn be strict enough not to cheat if i didn have the weekly weigh...

Im going to read that article now thanks a mill

Xc

Yeah that makes sense. Whereas I'm just wayyy to self conscious to go to a weekly weigh in with anyone! I'm going to go see my doctor soon about it all and about what help I can get and I know I'll end up going to see the nurse every month probably for a weigh in and check up. But that I don't mind, it'll be good for me. It also means that if I get to the end and my skin and body is a great big mess I can try for surgery under the NHS! haha My nurses are lovely though so I think I'll be alright after a couple, though they're thin as a stick all of them!

Haha Caroline, no it doesn't sound patronising at all! I have had my head in the clouds for too long when I should of been dieting so I really don't have a clue! So any advice or suggestion are greatly appreciated! I think maybe you are right and if I were to aim for 2lbs a week then if I do lose an extra pound or two just see it as a bonus! This is my general plan to be combined with 5x 30mins workouts (mikayla dodds DVD) and approx 6 glasses of water per day:

Breakfast:
Special k oats and honey with semi skimmed milk

Mid morning:
Apple

Lunch:
Tescos light choices cup of soup, one slice of granary bread with low fat spread and a ww vanilla yoghurt

Mid afternoon:
Banana

Dinner:
Quorn fillet with baby new pots, broccoli, leeks, sprouts, carrot and sweede mash (all steamed)

What do you think? As I say I haven't a clue really so any tips will be gratefully received! X

Yeah exactly! 2lbs is a great target because it's very achievable and then when/if you're above that it's a great bonus and motivator. And less likely to get disheartened by not reaching it.

That's sounding much better than your plan the other day. Have you worked out the rough amount of calories that is? Have you worked out your BMR and done the Harris-Benedict equation? If not and you have no clue what that is, I can work it out for you if you tell me how active you are.

The other thing is, are you really going to want that every single day? I vary what I have from day to day but have a range of things up my sleeve that I know are within a certain calorie limit, otherwise I'd get bored! I assume you're vegetarian rather than just liking Quorn? I think there's a veggie section on here, maybe! Could be good for some ideas.

Haha I honestly don't have clue what any of that means lol! Well I have two boys under 3 so getting out and about alot is a bit of a battle at the minute! But I probably walk to my mums 2 or 3 times a week which is roughly a 10 minute walk and I am also doing an exercise DVD 5x 30 min workouts a week which is general stuff like jumping, squatting jogging on the spot etc. Apart from that I am constantly cleaning or doing housework (am slightly OCD!) or playing/feeding my 7 month old x

caroline g said:
The other thing is, are you really going to want that every single day? I vary what I have from day to day but have a range of things up my sleeve that I know are within a certain calorie limit, otherwise I'd get bored! I assume you're vegetarian rather than just liking Quorn? I think there's a veggie section on here, maybe! Could be good for some ideas.

I am not a vegetarian really, will eat meat if I have to but given the choice prefer quorn alternatives! I know what your saying but I think in order for me to stick with something it has to be repetitive if you see what I mean! After a Week or two I may decide to alter or change it a bit x

Haha I honestly don't have clue what any of that means lol! Well I have two boys under 3 so getting out and about alot is a bit of a battle at the minute! But I probably walk to my mums 2 or 3 times a week which is roughly a 10 minute walk and I am also doing an exercise DVD 5x 30 min workouts a week which is general stuff like jumping, squatting jogging on the spot etc. Apart from that I am constantly cleaning or doing housework (am slightly OCD!) or playing/feeding my 7 month old x

Would you say you're moderately active then? Sounds it to me! That means you need around 2500 calories a day to maintain what you're on at the moment. If you think you're lightly active, it's 2330 a day. So if you went for 1200-1300 calories a day...
If you're moderately active, you'd have a deficit of around 1200-1300 calories a day, that's roughly 2.4-2.6lbs off a week.
If you're lightly active, 2-2.2lbs a week.

I am not a vegetarian really, will eat meat if I have to but given the choice prefer quorn alternatives! I know what your saying but I think in order for me to stick with something it has to be repetitive if you see what I mean! After a Week or two I may decide to alter or change it a bit x

That's fair enough. Each to their own! I know I need variety to keep me interested! You do need to make sure what you're eating is at least 1200 calories a day though.

Thanks ever so much Caroline! I will try each day to eat at least 1200 calories! It's not intentional but somedays I don't find the time to eat the amount on my plan and that obviously isn't working for me as my loss seems to have stalled over the last few weeks! But new week new start and all that! From your advice and knowledge I now have a better understanding of it all and so hopefully will be able to stick to my plan! Thanks again and best of luck to you x

No worries, glad I can help!

Thought of another important one last night; being able to take my boys swimming for the first time :)

i always eat between 1200-1500 cals- and exercise 3xper week- so should loose at least 1lb per week- does my head in cuz lots of times i've only lost 1/4 of a lbs :-(- o well they all add up i suppose!!

14stoneto9stoneplease- i got babys christening in aug... good target to get all my extra weight off. ooo cant wait- got my dress all ready for the big day- i will be a size 8!!

Yeah it happens that way sometimes but think of it this way, any loss is a good one!

I've got my niece's 18th birthday party at the end of July, I'd like to lose 2 stone by then!

im looking forward to finally being happy in myself and in doing so making others around me happy.

Back