What are you reading right now?

Sally_Cinnamon

doesn't have a witty name
Is anyone else an avid reader? What are you reading right now?

I'm a compulsive reader (doesn't help that I'm an English major, I always have my head stuck in a book :D) and I'm just putting together my summer reading list.

Sally's Summer Reading

* 'Middlemarch' - George Eliot (taking a class devoted to this next semester, very excited about it)
* 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' - Jane Austen & Seth Grahame-Smith (someone bought us this and 'Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters' for Christmas. Thought I'd see just how much of a mess they make of one of my favourite books)
* 'The Hermaphrodite' - Julia Ward Howe (Saw this on the text list for a class I wasn't taking last semester. Thought it sounded like a fascinating read)
* 'Their Eyes Were Watching God' - Zora Neale Hurston (I've just taken a Major Black Writers class which was FABULOUS. Read a couple of Hurston's short stories, which I loved, and decided to read more of her work. This comes highly recommended)
*'Conceit' - Mary Novik (I started this over the winter and didn't have time to finish it before the semester started. It's based on the story of John Donne's daughter, Pegge, and as he's one of my favourite poets ever...)
* 'Wizard's First Rule' - Terry Goodkind (The novels upon which 'Legend of the Seeker' was based. A bit of trashy fantasy fiction for light relief)

Tell us what you're reading, and what you think of it :D

At the moment I have several Robert B. Parker novels out from the library. I was so sad when he died recently.

Not reading anything at the moment but am desperately looking for a new author. Have read every James Patterson, Sydney Sheldon, Alex Kava, Nicci French, and just read Mitch Albom who I would seriously recommend. Any suggestions?

I've just this minute finished reading Lulu Taylor's Midnight Girls. Was such a good book - I couldn't put it down! About to buy her other one from Amazon :D

I'm such a book worm!!

I am reading ''Why men don't listen, and women can't read maps''
It explains one hellova lot! :8855:

Just about to start reading Jodi Picoult 'Handle with Care'. Finished 'Vanishing Act' a few weeks ago and totally loved her style.
Read masses of books - around 2 per week - lots of chick lit though, so too ashamed to mention by name!!!

just finished the ice cream girls by dorothy koomson! absolutely brilliant as are all of her books.

currently on the 2nd book in the Twighlight Series.
mmmm not sure what I think, not thrilled by it but will stick with them as I have the 4 books. X

Not reading anything at the moment but am desperately looking for a new author. Have read every James Patterson, Sydney Sheldon, Alex Kava, Nicci French, and just read Mitch Albom who I would seriously recommend. Any suggestions?
I love James Patterson but

I love Lee Child more - read em in order if you can though it doesnt ruin them if you dont but Jack Reacher grows as a character through the series - start with the Killing floor

Clive Cussler? another lot of books I cant seem to put down when I pick em up

Im reading the latest Lee Child 61 hours :)

I'm currently reading Alan Bennett's "Untold Stories", which is very good.

I love Alan Bennett. One of my best friends lives across the road from him. Apparently, he's an absolute gent of a man.

I haven't read any Jodi Picoult but will look out for them now. English books are very expensive here so I tend to look for them on car boot sales.

I am currently reading "No Flowers for Frankie " by Peter Williams. It is a first novel and written by someone who lives here. I think he paid for publishing himself, not sure. I think it is an excellent first attempt and wish him luck.

I too can not be without a book and sleep is impossible if I haven,t read at least a chapter before dropping off.

Sue.

I have just finished fairest of them all by teresa medeiros. I love teresa mediros.
do you all know about read it swap it. maybe we could organise some book swapping between us all.

Try Tess Gerritssen but some of them are a series so check her website first, David Baldacci is good, Lisa Gardner is fantastic (a bit gruesome at times though), I also like Nora Roberts - she is more a romance novel one but nothing too soppy or pathetic

Back