What are you scared of?

When you are new to the food packs they can taste very strange and even disgusting as what you can taste is all the vitamins and minerals in the packs but over time your taste buds will adapt and eventually all you will taste is the flavour.

To help dilute the taste if you take a small glass of water before and after it should help it go down easier.

I think that it probably is going to be one of the hardest things, that is finding out which packs you like. Kinda think that they should have a taste test of the packs for new members. Especially in January, they must have loads of potential clients. And it would help you figure out what you want to try, without spending so much money just to find the food pack is horrid and a starving dog wouldn't eat it!
I think if they had a taste test not many would sign up:p

You might not like the porridge now but at a later time try it again and you might find you like it.

If you are really struggling with the taste you could divide your packs in two and make each half up fresh as needed...that way you don't waste any of it, as a half is easier to get down. Just remember the 15 minute rule and that is you must consume within this time as some of the vitamins are water-soluble and will lose their nutritional value.

Good luck with day 1!

Also try the packs different ways, some people like the porridge left a little lumpy and mixed by hand, I like to use a hand blender to get the lumpy powdery bits out and makes a paste. Some add water bit at a time, I always put in water first and add the powder. I don't find you can just leave it for a few minutes and eat, I always microwave it, not too long or the sweetener gets bitter. And different packs you will find you like more water or sometimes a bit less water than recommended. It does take some time to figure out how you prefer them. The first week LLC's will often do a drop in where you can switch packs that you really can't stand.

Also try the packs different ways, some people like the porridge left a little lumpy and mixed by hand, I like to use a hand blender to get the lumpy powdery bits out and makes a paste. Some add water bit at a time, I always put in water first and add the powder. I don't find you can just leave it for a few minutes and eat, I always microwave it, not too long or the sweetener gets bitter. And different packs you will find you like more water or sometimes a bit less water than recommended. It does take some time to figure out how you prefer them. The first week LLC's will often do a drop in where you can switch packs that you really can't stand.

Sorry but the taste of the porridge with or without lumps was foul. But I did enjoy the vanilla milkshake and the shepherds pie. One more pack to go today.

If it is just the taste of the porridge which puts you off, it is nice with a little vanilla shake mix added (blend it to get the lumps out). this makes it sweeter and it tastes like custard.

When i started I just thought of the food as medicine. I forced it down until I started to like it. I just realised that the food wasn't the issue I was dealing with - it was my weight. The food was just a means to an end. I promise you it will get easier. the first few days are the hardest.

Sorry but I will not be touching Porridge for a long time. I don't have any packs and will not be asking for any ever again. I love the shakes and the chili and shepherds pie. So all is good.

I am on day 3 now I have not felt hungry and have just had a headache. Other than that I am good.

I went along for my counselling session last night and got weighed in at the same. Lost 4.4lbs which in two days I am chuffed!

Nice one! You are on target to get a great first week weight loss. it is so motivating.

Fair enough on the porridge thing - each to their own! When you are in it for the long haul you need to like the food (at least a little bit!)

The headache is common. it is helped along with lots of water. Hope you are drinking the required amount because i have found to my detriment that not drinking enough ruins your weight loss!

So I am now on Day 15 of this program, and tomorrow is weigh in day. I am actually looking forward to it. I have been 100% on the diet. And I am happy to take whatever number that the scale throws at me. Unlike SW or WW I have no apprehension to what the scale might say, unlike before when there was always room for error, bad judgements slips here and there.

I am now grateful that I have started this journey with lighterlife. It is giving me the break away from food which I think will be beneficial to me in the long term. I am started to reflect where I would have gone wrong. What parts of the day I would go and reach for the snack food. I does give me renewed optimism that once this part of the journey is over I will know what I am doing with food.

I can't say that it has been plain sailing. I'm sure many of you have read my 1st week struggling post in the main area. But the second week was night and day different. It was soooo much easier. I don't want to get into the mindset that it will always be easy. I know that there will always be good days and bad days. And the boredom of what lighterlife may get to me. But I am hopefully that the good weight loses will keep me motivated. But the cereal bars this week were a god send!

I have my brothers wedding on the 28th March. So to lose as much as I possibly can for that would be awesome. And then in October half term the family are all off on holiday. If I could be close (if not at) target I would be extremely happy.

My LLC send us away with some homework to do this week. She asked us to think of one positive thought before going to bed at night. Something that I struggling, and I would think quite a few on this board. One positive thing for me is that I have managed to stick and this, and for that I am so chuffed in myself. Other things are that the belt is having to be done up a couple of notches tighter already, and that I am full of energy.

Actually Mr Gilbo, I did find LLT easy. I was 100% for the time that I was on it. I think because it was total abstinence, there werent any choices to make, so that made life easy.

So, your brother's wedding at the end of March. Thats roughly 8 weeks or maybe 9 weeks. The minimum you will lose will be 2 stone. Being a man you will lose more than that (sooooo unfair lol). Isnt that a nice thought? And your problem will be what to wear!! I had a cousin's wedding 3 months into LLT and it was great (other than the drama about what I was going to wear lol).

I also found it interesting about what you said in your first post, about love, attractiveness etc. I love my OH for him and I find him as attractive now than he is heavier as when I first met him. He is the same with me and my disgusting saggy skin.

Looking forward to hearing how you got on at WI tonight.

Pleased to hear things have been going great this week Mr G. Having occasions to look forward to really help you to stay motivated. One word of caution though. You need to have a plan for how you will cope with the wedding. Will you eat? Will you drink? Will you try lite for the day or just get back on track straight away. Be realistic about how hard you found your first week because getting back on track will be that hard all over again.

However by the time October comes you are likely to be very close to your target weight and might be able to afford to enjoy your holiday.

The only reason I say this is that over christmas I stayed 100% to the plan. Other people in my group didn't and they have really struggled to get back on track. However for me the food aspect of christmas just wasn't important. I also felt really good afterwards having achieved so much and having my first christmas where I didn't put on weight.

Positive thoughts: I do this every night too. I stand in front of the mirror and take note of the changes to my body. then i tell myself i am full of motivation, sticking to a diet when all others have failed and achieving something which other people struggle with. I always go to bed feeling positive about the next day and am able to just get on with it for another day.

Hi Mr G. Just caught up with this thread and is sounds as though you are doing really well, so congratulations. I laughed at the comment your colleague made, but I hope it sisn't upset you! What I would have said (and have done to a male friend in the past) is that you already have a killer personality, when you have a killer bod to go with it you will be knocking them all dead!

It's been awhile since I have posted in here, and I thought that as I have completed a month it would be a good point to reflect on it.

I have had my weigh in tonight and I lost 9.24lbs!! This has given me 2st 10.72lbs in one month! I am so happy with this, and I am really proud of what I have achieved in this time. It's amazing how quickly the last 30 days has gone.

I did really struggle in the first week, questioning whether this was the diet for me. But I stuck through it and was rewarded with a huge weight lost of 18lbs in the first 9 days. But from then I have found it much much easier. I won't say that there have been days that haven't been a stuggle. But compared to that first week I have been able to cope much easier!

The addition of pasta carbanara this week has been most welcome, albeit we were only allowed 2 packs of that. And I can't wait to have pea and ham soup either.

Back